Collectible Pokemon Cards In-Game

ChrisChris

Question

Random suggestion. I'll keep it brief:

Just for fun, how about the idea of being able to collect Pokemon TCG Cards? Got a spare 100,000$? Buy a pack of 5 or 6 cards based off the Base Set of PokeTCG Cards and throw them into a new tab in your Backpack to trade around for fun with other players.

Now I'm not suggesting coding in the entire TCG game itself, just the cards. It'd be a fun and neat idea no other Pokemon games have done for additional playability after you beat the game and have time to spare.

I realize 100,000$ for a pack isn't balanced too, it was just an example. A Pack of cards could probably cost quite a bit since money farming is so easy nowadays.

Additional Idea: Whenever we're able to see other Trainer Cards, maybe throw in the option to put one of the cards you own on your Trainer Card to show off. Throw in the random option of "Holographic" cards to really annoy other people who don't have one.

So that's about it. Feedback? Criticism?

Pokémon already has many collectible and trading aspects in the game itself, between the Pokédex, and items you can obtain. Not to mention shinies.

Not to say this is a bad idea, but it really wouldn't be that much different than what we already have. People already show off their Pokémon and trade them back and forth like no tomorrow.

The more I think about it, the more excited I get.

I'm really a fan of this idea. It doesn't sound complicated even to implement if you go simply by card packs in a shop.

As for other ways of obtaining cards, they could be found as items, held by some wild pokemon, or received from NPC's. Pokemon Channel could be referenced, in which you obtain cards from participating in quizzes.

Are you kidding me? Is this a real suggestion?

First let me start off with...

Well, you can tell it wouldn't work because...

Fuck, I actually really like this. If you want my advice, get a bunch of interest going in the Customization forums i.e., convince some artists to start drawing the items.

Too bad it's a lot of work to add custom items (Feebas) and it'd be planned for so far into the future.

Are you kidding me? Is this a real suggestion?

First let me start off with...

Well, you can tell it wouldn't work because...

Fuck, I actually really like this. If you want my advice, get a bunch of interest going in the Customization forums i.e., convince some artists to start drawing the items.

Too bad it's a lot of work to add custom items (Feebas) and it'd be planned for so far into the future.

Why not just use the already created images of Pokemon cards from the original Base Set? At the worst, "customize" those by removing the move/ability text and just leave it as the image of the Pokemon, the flavor text, etc. (since the actual TCG game wouldn't be implemented anyway we wouldn't need those).

My favorite part of the idea is the cards are so easy to make that you could do PokeMMO-centric cards too just for fun based off Trainers/Players/etc. similar to the "Trainer Cards" in the TCG.

Why not just use the already created images of Pokemon cards from the original Base Set? At the worst, "customize" those by removing the move/ability text and just leave it as the image of the Pokemon, the flavor text, etc. (since the actual TCG game wouldn't be implemented anyway we wouldn't need those).

Copyright issues. If the original cards were used they would have to be an optional download mod patch created by the playerbase. Same reason players provide their own ROMs.

(and had a kickin' rad soundtrack too).

The soundtrack is awesome.

More collectables in pokemon would be fun, but also make them hidden items on the map.

"Hey d00d, look at this hidden trading card I found!"

"Ye4 man! letz go tell 3verybody on the forums!"

Maybe this could work if the hidden areas were completely randomized, and different for each character.