Pokemmo Mayoral Re-Election Campaigns 2019

3 hours ago, DemonicDax said:

If Bestfriends made a Watch Mojo-esque PokeMMO series I would watch it.
Hands down.

Maybe if I am re-elected, this idea may happen either on the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel or another channel that I can make for that purpose.

On another note, let me make a pitch as to why you should vote for me on election day. Once I am re-elected, the same goals that I have now are still going to be pursued, but this time, I plan on making more tournaments. Tomorrow, I am going to test out the Gear Station as a potential tournament location because of the large amount of space and supplies available in this location (Life Orbs, Choice Bands, Special Move Tutor, a PC, etc). If the test turns out well, then the Gear Station is going to be the location for future tournaments for a while. As for the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel, my next self help video was going to be the mentality of competitive play, but I am waiting on my translators to help me translate pre-existing videos. However, when I am re-elected, I want to work on preparing that self help video on day one of my second term!

As for the recruitment of @ProfesorEinsteinnn and @Haazuu to the council, I plan on making a separate department dedicated to tournament ideas where we can think of awesome tournament ideas! I can do the bread and butter OU, UU, NU, but I want to have more unique formats like Tag Teams, 1v1s, Band tournaments (where every team mate has to wear a choice item - thank you @Tranzmaster for that event), etc. As a guy who covered these events over the years, I would like to take the same excitement that I captured for YouTube and bring it back for newer and older competitive players.

Let's conquer the future together!

- Bf

Edited by Bestfriends
Clarification on Tranzmaster's Choice item event.

Well I thinking is time to compare the 2 big candidates for the title of Mayor.

First we have @Bestfriends.

He was elected 1 year ago, to be the new Mayor of PokeMMO, and thereafter he was given with the greatest recognition for someone who is not Staff, a personal title in Forums: "Mayor of PokeMMO", in his period he made a lots of guides, like the Unova one, helped new players by giving them lvl 20 Pokémon and clothes, and he made a youtube channel known as Mayor Bestfriends, which contains several help topics. He is a person who does take very seriously the Mayor title he has, and that's why a lots of people support him in the first place.

Spoiler

Bestfriends also has another Youtube channel called Roy Rogers News, which in my opinion is one of the biggest english channel of PokeMMO, 677 subscribers atm (I ignore if there is another english YT channel with more subscribers than Bestfriends' one.

And second we have @ProfesorEinsteinnn.

He is the candidate to be Mayor of PokeMMO, better known as ProfesorEinstein. You should reconize him for making a lot of Unofficial Tournaments (in the Unofficial Tour. SubForums of course). He has a partner, @Haazuu who is Profesor's right hand and principal supporter/leader of his campaing, and they make a very good team, both in forums and in-game. One of the promises as a mayor is to improve the Comp. Scene by making more tour. OU, UU, NU, etc. 

And now, the cons of each candidate

On 6/26/2019 at 10:09 PM, Bestfriends said:

Let me do a quick Q and A session from concerned players on PokeMMO (if there is a question that you would like for me to address, then feel free to ask them [please no trolls]):

Hide contents

Question 3: "Bestfriends, why don't you host any tournaments?"

Answer: That is a good question. My council and I had a few meetings about the matter, however tournament hosting may be visited at a later time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said, Bestfriends has been in charge for already a year, helping the community and that kind of stuff, but now he want to host tournaments, although is been 1 year, before that and in that time he never ever hosted a Tournament, so he is only caring now when Einstein has been doing this since a very good amount of time. He maybe lacks of experience for this sorts of things but he has the the always trusty "Staff help".

19 hours ago, awkways said:

What happens when you give noobs hats and shit:

xBjKYKb.png

In the preliminars thread, he commented that he helped a girl by giving her 2 pokemon lvl 20 and a tuxedo and other objects, that's a good thing but not everybody knows what to do when it comes to Vanities that people doesn't necessarily want, like the guy in the picture, it has already been discussed in this thread about giving free money to new players and is not good solution in the long term.

Now let's talk about his YT channel, Mayor Bestfriends: It has 272 subscribers (idk if is a great amount of people, doesn't look like that to me) his last video was 2 months ago (same for the Roy Rogers one) and the bad thing I see with it is that if he loses the elections, his channel would stay paralyzed forever (unless the give it to Profesor, but that's not gonna happen) and it will be a total waste.

Spoiler

and if is not enough, he plans to add some translated subtitles to his videos but In my opinion I don't think that will attract the other communities like the Spanish, Chinese and the other ones, cuz there are already some big youtube PokeMMO channels that post content in their language, like @Walerito (although he's banned lol) and @MegaBladers (they have 10k and 2k subs respectively)

And now, ProfesorEinstein: In the 2 years that I've been playing PokeMMO, I never heard about this men in my lifetm , literally I didn't know who this guy was suddently he came and wanted to be the new mayor, just like that. Of course he is in one of the most important teams In game, Aw, but he didn't had a Forums account until May, so...

He doesn't has a YT channel, he doesn't comment a lot in forums and stuff like that.

On 6/29/2019 at 9:42 PM, Haazuu said:

Let me introduce ProfesorEinstein!
Even though you guys didnt know him until very recently, he were always there since 2013(DarkBonez/xSantaClaus where his nicknames) helping and making events from the shadows. 

He doesnt use too much forums thats true, but thats why Im here posting for him and letting the whole community know his role in this game over the years.

Our labor for this commmunity is completly different from the others candidates, we are not focusing in the newers players. We are caring about the Competitive Scene and Keep the Hype High!

And 'bout this, well, it's too drastic when compared to Bestfriends, is true, they came to this game in the year 2013, but Bestfriends is certainly more active in forums than ProfesorEinstein (and doesn't need someone to post for him [except in some guides], Bestfriends was focused in the new incomers since 2018, and the other way Einstein focuses in the old veterans who play UU, NU and that kind of stuff.

TL;DR: The objective of this post was to show that every candidate have unique things to offer in general and if it's only a meme right now, the Mayor title IS the most important for the community of PokeMMO because, PokeMMO is not a place, PokeMMO is their people. Have a good day and good luck to @Bestfriends and @ProfesorEinsteinnn!

Spoiler

Didn't include @Dibz and the other 2 remaining candidates cuz IDK if they quitted or not.

Edited by Ultrajesus
Well, please Bestfriends and Profesor, don't treat this post like an attack, is just something I wanted to share cuz I feel it was necessary, every influencer does a comparation about the pros and cons of every candidate in a election. That's all, peace!