Pokemmo Mayoral Re-Election Campaigns 2019

Wait what? I'm on here, nice lol. Can I be mayor so I can keep making PSA's on global like "Shiny Rate is Fair!"?

On a more serious note, now that I've read every single post in this thread, I'd like to support @ProfesorEinsteinnn in his campaign too, as well as offer to help him out if he's elected. and here's why:

1) I get that he's a very comp-oriented player and that might rub those who don't care about comp the wrong way, but here's the thing: PvP prizes are lackluster and the PvP community knows that improvements could've been made if their feedback was taken or even asked for, instead of things being left as they were ever since shiny prizes were made untradeable with meh IVs. Einstein, being from the community, took a proactive approach and decided to start hosing events to keep things fun, with worthwhile prizes. No hate for official events, my point here is that this guy's response to something that people weren't happy about was doing as much as he could to keep it fun and get his surrounding community involved. Now imagine what he'd do with a bigger circle of influence and more help.

2) I do applaud Bestfriends for making guides and working hard on them but fun fact: he's not the only one who does that. He might be quite obsessive about it as well as the multiple players he helps but we've got tons of people willing to write guides as well as help new players. Heck, if BF stops researching and making guides nothing's going to change, I'll personally put together teams of people and friends to work together to make guides, translate them, and help new players. I can have a close to 200 players attest to how much time I invest in helping players start out in this game ^_^

3) @ProfesorEinsteinnn doesn't just care about PvP. It's not like that's all his mayoral activities will be based on. But if you look at his activity in hosting big PvP events, you'll see that this guy's willing to do a lot to host things for the community, keep things happening that are fun and interesting. This guy isn't staff, he doesn't have the powers they do, so there's only so much he can do, yet he does as much as he can and promises to listen to what everyone has to say and do his best in helping the community stay active, fun, un-afk and make it easier for newer players to get into the community. And that's because he won't be focusing entirely on making videos, he'll be making an actual mayoral council with people that focus on everything instead of pretend roles. We'll have people working on events, people listening to and documenting players' inputs, people organizing help for players, people keeping an eye on stuff like the guide tavern to see if anything's missing/needs updates, and we'll have huuuuge projects, and it'll all be a team effort. 

And this guy cares a lot about being an awesome mayor.

4) Change is good, Bestfriends doesn't have to be mayor to help new players or be Roy Rogers, those aren't even related, and tbh Einstein's so cool I made uwu eyes at him before I even knew who he was.

Spoiler

Also wow I was removed from this race without a heads up or even a say in it. Why does this seem so familiar? :thonk:

Edited by Dibz

Feel like Mathew could have been bestfriends strongest opposition but now that he withdrew I'm gonna go with Bestfriends. Simply because we know what we get with Bestfriends, he posts his lil videos, helps out nabs here and there and gives feedback on stuff. I get that you guys want change, but let's be honest you gonna get change for 3 months and when the rando decides to leave we're stuck without a mayor??...  Vote Bestfriends. Why fix something that's not broken?

1 hour ago, Goku said:

Feel like Mathew could have been bestfriends strongest opposition but now that he withdrew I'm gonna go with Bestfriends. Simply because we know what we get with Bestfriends, he posts his lil videos, helps out nabs here and there and gives feedback on stuff. I get that you guys want change, but let's be honest you gonna get change for 3 months and when the rando decides to leave we're stuck without a mayor??...  Vote Bestfriends. Why fix something that's not broken?

off topic but I miss you man <3 (Ralts btw)

4 hours ago, Goku said:

You will not vote bestfriends you will vote einstein!

Edited by MathewMat

Lmao you're killing me @TJXD. You know it's just a video game right? You seem to take it way too seriously. Also @Bearminator, will you sanction this as a threat or be bias as always towards your friends?

Either way, like I said to Tyrone in a now deleted post, I ain't playing anymore. I'll take that as my queue. You guys are fucked up. 

I tried countless times to be friendly with BF explaining how I felt like he didnt do events, listen to players or answer them but he never actually cared and called me a hater even when I was not mean to him. That's why my tone changed towards him and you guys are just to blinded seeing him as something close to a god.

And I am saying it again, I never compared him to Hitller. Just said that it was funny how he applied Godwin's Law when in difficulty and compared himself and his mayoral council as heroes in camps (his word not mine).

See you never I hope. You are way too idiotic to even continue to try to reason with.

57 minutes ago, Hythalius said:

Lmao you're killing me @TJXD. You know it's just a video game right? You seem to take it way too seriously. Also @Bearminator, will you sanction this as a threat or be bias as always towards your friends?

Missed that one earlier post while hiding whole pointless discussion/insults. Sorry for that.

Also more like spam, tbh. 

LMFAO ok guys, lemme clear something up for you

This entire stuff is a MEME. Being a "mayor" does not give that person any special benefits, treatment or whatever aside from fancy icon on the forums.

IT'S A FUCKING MEME.

Which really started getting out of hand and people are taking it way too seriously. Holy shit.

2 hours ago, Goku said:

Aight @ProfesorEinsteinnn what u got?

Glad to see you willing to learn about both candidates before casting your free vote <3 Remember, make sure you're confident in your decision, whoever you do end up voting for! Even if you vote for the side we're not helpinG, yoU're stiLl A Great friend and teammate and I'll support your decision to cast a free vote ^_^

Spoiler

7KGrn4T.png

Just now, ZackChurch said:

only the competitive side? what about casual player? Im not convinced in voting for you if all you care about is the competitive side.

He does care about the community as a whole. Read my post, it's got more details:

19 hours ago, Dibz said:

Wait what? I'm on here, nice lol. Can I be mayor so I can keep making PSA's on global like "Shiny Rate is Fair!"?

On a more serious note, now that I've read every single post in this thread, I'd like to support @ProfesorEinsteinnn in his campaign too, as well as offer to help him out if he's elected. and here's why:

1) I get that he's a very comp-oriented player and that might rub those who don't care about comp the wrong way, but here's the thing: PvP prizes are lackluster and the PvP community knows that improvements could've been made if their feedback was taken or even asked for, instead of things being left as they were ever since shiny prizes were made untradeable with meh IVs. Einstein, being from the community, took a proactive approach and decided to start hosing events to keep things fun, with worthwhile prizes. No hate for official events, my point here is that this guy's response to something that people weren't happy about was doing as much as he could to keep it fun and get his surrounding community involved. Now imagine what he'd do with a bigger circle of influence and more help.

2) I do applaud Bestfriends for making guides and working hard on them but fun fact: he's not the only one who does that. He might be quite obsessive about it as well as the multiple players he helps but we've got tons of people willing to write guides as well as help new players. Heck, if BF stops researching and making guides nothing's going to change, I'll personally put together teams of people and friends to work together to make guides, translate them, and help new players. I can have a close to 200 players attest to how much time I invest in helping players start out in this game ^_^

3) @ProfesorEinsteinnn doesn't just care about PvP. It's not like that's all his mayoral activities will be based on. But if you look at his activity in hosting big PvP events, you'll see that this guy's willing to do a lot to host things for the community, keep things happening that are fun and interesting. This guy isn't staff, he doesn't have the powers they do, so there's only so much he can do, yet he does as much as he can and promises to listen to what everyone has to say and do his best in helping the community stay active, fun, un-afk and make it easier for newer players to get into the community. And that's because he won't be focusing entirely on making videos, he'll be making an actual mayoral council with people that focus on everything instead of pretend roles. We'll have people working on events, people listening to and documenting players' inputs, people organizing help for players, people keeping an eye on stuff like the guide tavern to see if anything's missing/needs updates, and we'll have huuuuge projects, and it'll all be a team effort. 

And this guy cares a lot about being an awesome mayor.

4) Change is good, Bestfriends doesn't have to be mayor to help new players or be Roy Rogers, those aren't even related, and tbh Einstein's so cool I made uwu eyes at him before I even knew who he was.

Reveal hidden contents

Also wow I was removed from this race without a heads up or even a say in it. Why does this seem so familiar? :thonk:

Just because the position of mayor is a meme doesn't mean it has to be. It can actually be someone who makes a huge impact on the playerbase, both new and old. If you want that, vote Einstein!

4 minutes ago, Dibz said:

He does care about the community as a whole. Read my post, it's got more details:

Just because the position of mayor is a meme doesn't mean it has to be. It can actually be someone who makes a huge impact on the playerbase, both new and old. If you want that, vote Einstein!

I read it, all I read is 'he has all this planned for competitive but he has other stuff planned to for the other player" what exactly is the 'other stuff' all I hear of is hey I got all these tournaments planned for 2020 with a lot of prizes. Okay? I dont comp, so am I just missing out on these prizes?

Id rather it just be same ol Mayor Bestfriends, if all we get new with @ProfesorEinsteinnn is 2-3 tournaments a night. That does not benefit half the community at all just the competitive players that complain about not having enough tournaments and are too lazy to host their own or have their team host one. Not saying its a bad thing for Einstein to do this, its great! the competitive community is large and full of great people. But if that is his only focus, as thats all I have heard from him. Im out as ive said before. 

Until he answers my question (that i've asked 2x now in this thread alone) on why hes taking credit for an "improved economy" my vote will not go to BF. That to me is where this seems like its getting waaaay too his head. He made a YT vid and claims he changed the world. Not the kind of Mayor I really want, bragging constantly and spamming their own channels for more views.

7 minutes ago, awkways said:

Until he answers my question (that i've asked 2x now in this thread alone) on why hes taking credit for an "improved economy" my vote will not go to BF. That to me is where this seems like its getting waaaay too his head. He made a YT vid and claims he changed the world. Not the kind of Mayor I really want, bragging constantly and spamming their own channels for more views.

He improved the economy by handing stuff out to new players. That’s pretty straight forward and of course it’s a pretty fictional thing because in an online video game how would he actually have statistic on improving the economy. That is absolutely impossible. Best friend wants his campaign and his motives to look legit and to a real life mayor improved economy is a real thing. I completely see why bestfriends ignores this because he already answers it with each of his posts by saying he hands out ‘tuxedos, flat caps’ and whatever else his heart desires. For a fictional game bestfriends makes mayor and he feels like mayor is a true thing. With how much heart he puts the this. I have full respect for it, as weird as it may be sometimes. I believe this is what he truly enjoys.