[PRL] PokeMMO Royal League

On 6/27/2019 at 12:23 PM, pachima said:

mmo community is 40 IQ at max

- too long.

pachhh. I have bird brain, fish memory and rattata spirit animal.I don't read threads. Seen your comment and ask.

Q: If I don't want to be gym leader, as a challenger, can i join and win anything here?

Pls tell briefly with minimum amount of words. 

Edited by FinnTheMember
Page King!!!

Greetings everyone and thanks for your interest in PRL. As you know we are entering last 48 hours for scheduled competitor applications and we majorly lack people to compete in this.

All of our current competitive events in PokeMMO targets only the top tier of players, leaving mid-experienced or low-experienced players a big gap to close before they can participate in anything fun. Not to mention a lot of metagames for high-experienced players become pretty repetitive and non-innovative most of the time.

These issues result in majority of playerbase quitting the game right after finishing the story or quitting early in competitive scene before getting any decent experience. PRL aims to break the mold regarding those issues. We have no one to support and make this happen other than our community players and teams. So if you all give us a hand to gather as many competitors as you can to this, we can make this happen together and allow people from every skill level to learn from each other and have fun!

Thank you in advance!

Update:
We will extend competitor applications until end of 15th of July, if we get at least 20 competitors before end of 15th of July, we will allow more competitors during first week of Gym Challenge frame as well (until end of 23rd of July).

A lot of people have invested too much effort in this, and we are close to reaching our marks so we are giving this one more day.

Wah, what a busy day for everyone!

57 badges were given in day one! And Pitzzin managed to get all 8 badges in day one. Congratulations to all participants! And better luck next time to those who have tried and failed!

Spoiler

-16-07-2019-

ZeknShooter      > Tough Badge - Room Badge - Muerto Badge - Bond Badge - Grown Up Badge
Pitzzin                 > Aqua Badge - Rail Badge - Tough Badge - Hurricane Badge - Muscle Badge - Grown Up Badge - Draken Badge - Bond Badge
Drayyton             > Aqua Badge - Rail Badge - Room Badge - Esranic Badge
SenorMorty        > Aqua Badge - Spirit Badge - Hurricane Badge - Esranic Badge - Muscle Badge
DengNabbit        > Esranic Badge
Wildhodor           > Muscle Badge
SweeTforU         > Obsidian Badge - Spirit Badge - Draken Badge - Esranic Badge - Hurricane Badge - Grown Up Badge - Bond Badge
MaelR                  > Obsidian Badge
Leviatharian        > Spirit Badge - Draken Badge - Hurricane Badge - Esranic Badge
Frimma                > Esranic Badge - Hurricane Badge - Grown Up Badge - Bond Badge
HaseKirie            > Spirit Badge - Esranic Badge - Miasma Badge
pachima              > Esranic Badge
Suneet                 > Esranic Badge - Spirit Badge - Grown Up Badge - Bond Badge - Tough Badge
Guilleex               > Esranic Badge - Bond Badge - Draken Badge - Muscle Badge - Hurricane Badge
xSparkie              > Bond Badge - Hurricane Badge
XStealthyNinjaX > Hurricane Badge

Also! There were some battles caught on camera today!

Suneet vs bbJr
Momentum switched sides many times. It was a devastating battle between bbJr's incredible force of dragons and Suneet's unstoppable storm!

Spoiler

Drayyton vs Xigbaar

Xigbaars tricky battlefield conditions were attempted to be dismantled systematically and elegantly by Drayyton!

Spoiler

SenorMorty vs HDSkyfish

Such a close battle that could go either way! This battle is definition of hanging on by skin of the teeth... or properly executed plans!

Spoiler

We hope to have more exciting and amazing battles thru the Gym Challenge frame! Cheers everyone!

Edited by PrincessDia

And there goes the 2nd day of Gym Challenge frame.

As the first day rush is over a total of 28 badges were given on second day! With that, SweeTforU, ZeknShooter and Suneet earned their 8th badge and their rightful ticket to preliminaries. Congratulations!

Spoiler

-17-07-2019-

Suneet           > Hurricane Badge - Draken Badge - Determined Badge
Guilleex          > Determined Badge - Tough Badge
Drayyton        > Determined Badge - Muerto Badge
ZeknShooter > Hurricane Badge - Determined Badge - Spirit Badge
SweeTforU    > Tough Badge
Butler             > Spirit Badge - Draken Badge - Grown Up Badge
pachima        > Draken Badge - Grown Up Badge
urquidi            > Draken Badge - Spirit Badge - Tough Badge - Determined Badge
Frimma          > Draken Badge
xSparkie        > Draken Badge - Tough Badge - Determined Badge
Leviatharian  > Room Badge - Tough Badge - Determined Badge
llChelo            > Tough Badge

Personally, I was extremely busy today and since I have no recording staff to help me. I missed to record bunch of battles and it made me quite sad. BUT from those that I could watch and record, I've seen a newcomer to PRL and his battle took my interest!

llChelo vs LavaFlow

Since the biggest clue a Gym gives you before a battle is the theme, when you see a Gym titled "Fighting Type" you wouldn't bring 5 normal types to the battle would you? llChelo boldly and without any doubt did that!

Spoiler

Best of luck to everyone and see you tomorrow!

3rd day left behind!

We have got some new faces in PRL and we have reached competitor count of 30! Of course time will tell how many of those people will be able to carve their path to preliminaries. Speaking of preliminaries, in day 3, Drayyton and xSparkie got their final badges and secured their seats in the preliminaries. Congratulations!

Spoiler

-18-07-2019-

xSparkie                > Hopy Badge - Muscle Badge - Sky Badge
Drayyton                > Tough Badge
Pawnwolf              > Tough Badge - Muerto Badge
Frimma                  > Hopy Badge
Cali                         > Room Badge - Tough Badge - Muerto Badge
Drayyton                > Muscle Badge
urquidi                   > Bond Badge
RommegaGamer > Bond Badge

And for the interesting matches that were caught on camera today;

urquidi vs AQA
I've known AQA was asking for triple battles and I honestly had no idea about what was going on at first few turns of battle. After a few turns it started to make sense and the battle got really interesting! Glad that I finally got the opportunity to catch one of such battles live!

Spoiler

urquidi vs EGuy
Second match that features urquidi as challenger today but both matches were worthy to watch so I couldn't just leave them! This battle smelled of pure experience from both trainers. It should be used as educational video in Pokémon Schools about Pokémon Battles.

Spoiler

xSparkie vs Mannoroth
Last but not least, xSparkie challenging "Coffin and the bruises" style of Mannoroth. The battle was completely mummified by two Cofagrigus. Everyone, their grandparents, their cousins, their children and their long lost brothers/sisters were mummified in a single battle. It was one of the battles that could go anywhere and of course, was interesting to watch!

Spoiler

As always, best of luck to everyone and see you tomorrow!

End of day 4!

The number of qualified people are increasing as urquidi and Leviatharian joins the people who have ensured their places with 8 badges! Congratulations!

Spoiler

-19-07-2019-

Frimma            > Sky Badge
urquidi             > Sky Badge - Muerto Badge - Hurricane Badge
Cali                   > Sky Badge
Wildhodor       > Hurricane Badge - Esranic Badge
Leviatharian    > Obsidian Badge
pachima          > Obsidian Badge - Tough Badge
HaseKirie        > Tough Badge - Obsidian Badge
hannahtaylor  > Draken Badge
llChelo             > Hurricane Badge

My recording software was playing coy today D: also I was at wrong place at wrong time to catch challenges. I've missed multiple matches with a few seconds or minutes. D:

Frimma vs Kasperl
But hey, even with the issues I had with recording, this match was so good to not upload. Frimma attempted to keep the sanity against Kasperl, the master of Horrors. The match started slow but ended with an epic finish! Worth watching!

Spoiler

We will hold a public single elimination tournament this Sunday! If you are tuned in here but not in discord yet, hop on and see the details!
See you on next day!

Day 5 is behind!

We are getting close to end of extended competitor registrations, yet new people keep coming in! Yay! The pace is not slowing down as we gave out total of 24 badges today even though Saturday was supposed to be the day when our Gym Leaders are least active! Along with the fast pace, two more solid trainers have crossed the finish line for Gym Challenge period. Congratulations to Cali and Frimma on collecting 8 badges and clearing their path to the next stage.

Spoiler

-20-07-2019-

Cali                   > Hurricane Badge - Esranic Badge - Determined Badge - Draken Badge
aftershocker   > Muerto Badge - Muscle Badge - Tough Badge - Bond Badge - Sky Badge
Frimma            > Muerto Badge
HaseKirie        > Draken Badge - Determined Badge
Butler               > Esranic Badge
Beardohh        > Esranic Badge - Determined Badge - Hurricane Badge - Tough Badge - Bond Badge
kiwikidd           > Tough Badge - Bond Badge
SenorMorty    > Sky Badge - Bond Badge
hannahtaylor  > Tough Badge - Bond Badge

Now that my recording software has recovered from it's sickness. Interesting matches of the day!

Beardohh vs EGuy

As a newcomer to PRL, Beardohh instantly got four badges with an unstoppable force. As the next challenge on his quest, there was one of the most experienced and strong Gym Leaders, the Normal type expert, EGuy. Was an exciting and high tempo battle.

Spoiler

kiwikidd vs bbJr
When it comes to raw force, bbJr's dragon army always manages to suppress the opposing side. Today on the camera, was kiwikidd's attempt to endure and overcome the force of dragons. Of course the battle had a winner, but if it was up to me I'd call this match a draw. It was so equal that the match was decided by a coin toss... sort of.

Spoiler

Remember we are having a public tournament today! Check PRL discord if you haven't already!
Good luck to everyone and see you tomorrow!

Edited by PrincessDia
typo fixes

Day 6 and last 2 days for new competitors to apply!

Gym leaders were quite strong today, there were many challengers but very few badges! Congratulations to HaseKirie for getting his last badge and completing his challenge before preliminaries.

Spoiler

-21-07-2019-

ThatDudeCompadre > Grown Up Badge
kiwikidd                       > Hurricane Badge
Beardohh                    > Sky Badge - Draken Badge
HaseKirie                    > Sky Badge
hannahtaylor              > Spirit Badge

We also got the side event tournament going today!

at 1st place SweeTforU won 1,300,000$
at 2nd place Leviatharian won 700,000$
at 3rd and 4th places Suneet and bbJr won 250,000$ each

Congratulations and thanks for participating!

SweeTforU vs Leviatharian
Final Match

Spoiler

Leviatharian vs Suneet
Semi-Finals (I forgot to turn off my in-game alert sounds so sorry for a few whisper beeps lol)

Spoiler

SweeTforU vs bbJr

Semi-Finals

Spoiler

Thanks a lot for a great day everyone! See you tomorrow!

Late Day 7 report! Whoops!

Today is the last day for new challengers. If you are interested in PRL, this is your last chance!
As most of the competitors find their way to their 8th badges, Gym Challenges will inevitably slow down while we all start to prepare for preliminaries. But for today, congratulations to aftershocker for getting his 8th badge and being qualified to move further!

Spoiler

-22-07-2019-

aftershocker              > Draken Badge - Spirit Badge - Hurricane Badge
Wildhodor                   > Draken Badge
ThatDudeCompadre > Spirit Badge

I will probably get too little opportunities to record matches from now on as most people are already qualified and I need to make preparations for next stages of the event. But if I get the chance to catch challenges and record them, I'll surely share!

See you tomorrow and best of luck to everyone!

Ding ding! Competitor applications are now closed for good!

Let's see how many of the remaining people can manage to gather 8 badges before the deadline! And also, congratulations for Guillex on completing his 8 badges and proceeding to next stage!

Spoiler

-23-07-2019-

Guillex                         > Muerto Badge
ThatDudeCompadre > Esranic Badge
iMythic                        > Draken Badge

The whole process so far made me see a lot of opportunities for improvement on PRL even though everything was working as intended so far. I expect to see a much better and even more fun experience before preliminaries on 2nd season! Thanks a lot to everyone supporting and participating!

Our Gyms are closed and we got 19 people total with 8 badges, who will be participating in preliminaries this weekend! Congratulations!

Spoiler

-31-07-2019-

pachima                      > Hurricane Badge 
iMythic                        > Grown Up Badge
ThatDudeCompadre > Room Badge 
kiwikidd                       > Aqua Badge - Floral Badge 
XStealthyNinjaX        > Grown Up Badge 
Beardohh                    > Grown Up Badge 

-29-07-2019-

iMythic                        > Esranic Badge
kiwikidd                      > Esranic Badge - Grown Up Badge
ThatDudeCompadre > Hurricane Badge

-28-07-2019-

ThatDudeCompadre > Tough Badge - Aqua Badge
SenorMorty                > Grown Up Badge 

-27-07-2019-

pachima                     > Aqua Badge - Bond Badge
XStealthyNinjaX        > Esranic Badge - Draken Badge - Sky Badge

-26-07-2019-

Wildhodor                   > Spirit Badge
ThatDudeCompadre > Muscle Badge
iMythic                        > Hurricane Badge
hannahtaylor              > Esranic Badge

-25-07-2019-

XStealthyNinjaX         > Tough Badge - Hopy Badge
kiwikidd                       > Draken Badge

24-07-2019

XStealthyNinjaX         > Bond Badge

According to feedback I received from participants, everyone involved had fun and those who needed it got a lot of experience along the way, which was the main goal of this phase. I am happy about how this turned out. Also none of this would have happened without you all supporting so thanks a lot to everyone!

During Royal League, we will have an internal betting system (because of massive requests on this) that will be managed by PRL staff as middleman. You can join our discord for details when the time comes if you haven't already!

Here is the list of qualified people who will be playing in preliminaries on next phase:

Spoiler

Drayyton
XStealthyNinjaX
Suneet
Leviatharian
Frimma
pachima
urquidi

SenorMorty

ThatDudeCompadre

SweeTforU

xSparkie

ZeknShooter

Pitzzin
HaseKirie
Guilleex
Cali
aftershocker
kiwikidd
Beardohh

Thanks a lot to all supporters! For those who didn't manage to get qualified, we hope to see their challenge even stronger on next season! Best wishes to everyone!

All preliminary matches are done!
We hope to see all people who did not make it out of preliminaries stronger next season and a big thanks to them for participating.

Congratulations and good luck to 10 finalists that will compete at Royal League!
Guilleex
SenorMorty
Drayyton
Suneet
urquidi
Cali
SweeTforU
Pitzzin
kiwikidd
Leviatharian

For Royal League matches, RAC's and match times will be announced for the following week every Sunday midnight with GMT, both on forum post and discord. If you have any questions or worries about a specific RAC, feel free to contact me.

Huge thanks to all supporters and participants! 

So it begins! Here is the fixture for week 1! Good luck to all!

10 August 2019 Saturday, 15:00 GMT
11 August 2019 Sunday, 15:00 GMT

kiwikidd vs SenorMorty
-Fierce Clash-

Limitations

Usage of any Pokémon that cannot learn Roar in any way is banned.

Win condition

Knock out all of opponent's Pokémon.

Extra Information

Knowing the move Roar is not necessary for the participating Pokémon.

10 August 2019 Saturday, 16:00 GMT
Drayyton vs Pittzin
-Breaking Ecosystem-

Limitations

Participating Pokémon must have Grass type, Bug type or Rock type.

Win condition

All of opponent's remaining Pokémon share a type.

Extra Information

Having 1 Pokémon left would also trigger the Win Condition. Only base types are considered for Win Condition so moves like Soak has no effect on Win Condition.

urquidi vs Cali
-Berry Garden-

Limitations

Both sides can only have berries as held items.

Win condition

Extra Information

It is allowed to hold no items at all.

11 August 2019 Sunday, 16:00 GMT

10 August 2019 Saturday, 17:00 GMT
SweeTforU vs Suneet
-Clown Fiesta-

Limitations

Usage of any damaging move that would benefit from STAB bonus is not allowed.

Win condition

Extra Information

If the user is forced into a move with STAB bonus by opponent, it does not break the rule. For example, a fast pokemon using Soak when opponent was about to use a water move, would not count as breaking the no STAB rule.

11 August 2019 Sunday, 17:00 GMT
Leviatharian vs Guilleex
-Poisonous Field-

Limitations

Pokemon used must have Poison Type, Steel type, or must hold a Toxic Orb. Moves that allow switching held items or getting rid of held items are banned. Eviolite is banned.

Win condition

Extra Information

None.

Edited by PrincessDia
Fixture Date Update
5 hours ago, PrincessDia said:

So it begins! Here is the fixture for week 1! Good luck to all!

kiwikidd vs SenorMorty
-Fierce Clash-

Limitations

Usage of any Pokémon that cannot learn Roar in any way is banned.

Win condition

Extra Information

Knowing the move Roar is not necessary for the participating Pokémon.

10 August 2019 Saturday, 16:00 GMT
Drayyton vs Pittzin
-Breaking Ecosystem-

Limitations

Participating Pokémon must have Grass type, Bug type or Rock type.

Win condition

All of opponent's remaining Pokémon share a type.

Extra Information

Having 1 Pokémon left would also trigger the Win Condition. Only base types are considered for Win Condition so moves like Soak has no effect on Win Condition.

urquidi vs Cali
-Berry Garden-

Limitations

Both sides can only have berries as held items.

Win condition

Extra Information

It is allowed to hold no items at all.

11 August 2019 Sunday, 16:00 GMT
SweeTforU vs Suneet
-Clown Fiesta-

Limitations

Usage of any damaging move that would benefit from STAB bonus is not allowed.

Win condition

Knock out all of 

11 August 2019 Sunday, 17:00 GMT
Leviatharian vs Guilleex
-Poisonous Field-

Limitations

Pokemon used must have Poison Type, Steel type, or must hold a Toxic Orb. Moves that allow switching held items or getting rid of held items are banned. Eviolite is banned.

Win condition

Extra Information

None.

So you want me to get toxic hue

Week1 Day1

Transaction to Royal League and something entirely new like RACs brings confusion and adaptation along. Also some timings were unfortunate for the first day, but I expect things to get better once competitors get used to things! Here are the results for day one of first week!

Cali vs urquidi
Cali announced she won't be able to attend this weekend so she forfeited early without participating.

Drayyton vs Pittzin
Pitzzin somehow thought his match was tomorrow, and happened to be out of town today. Lack of attention lost him automatically.

SweeTforU vs Suneet
Quick match that was forfeited by SweeTforU at 5th minute. Apparently SweeTforU did not read RAC rule carefully and misplayed because of that. A valuable lesson for all competitors in future.

Spoiler

Week1 Day2
Was a fun day! Results are in!

kiwikidd vs SenorMorty

Despite claiming to be less prepared for battle, SenorMorty did battle quite well! Still, in the end the "Roar"ing battle ended in kiwikidd's grasp.
Yikes, sorry for the high music volume on recording. Accidents happen D:

Spoiler

Leviatharian vs Guilleex

This was a pretty fun battle. Bad luck did not help Leviatharian as he faced a powerful trainer who can utilize 100% of the field to his advantage.

Spoiler

Next week's fixtures will be announced at midnight as usual! Best of luck to everyone!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.