[PRL] PokeMMO Royal League

awrawr.png

Welcome to PRL!
3 Months, 10 Finalists, Extraordinary Battles! Prove your worth!

Phase:

Phase 1 - Event Staff Recruitment (27.06.2019 - 07.07.2019)

Phase 2 - GYM Leader Applications (01.07.2019 - 07.07.2019)

Phase 3 - Competitor Applications (08.07.2019 - 14.07.2019 23.07.2019 extended!)

Phase 4 - GYM Challenge Frame (16.07.2019 - 31.07.2019)

Phase 5 - Preliminaries (03.08.2019 - 04.08.2019)

Phase 6 - Royal League (10.08.2019 - 06.10.2019)
Completed! (06.10.2019)

Join PRL Public Discord: https://discord.gg/YuqcpNQ
Participant Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/104kNiJ07YoBxOO1jyR06gPWFVK7BmmMmMqpNakKl_2E
Tournament Link:              https://challonge.com/PRL_Season1

Finalists:  Guilleex, SenorMorty, Drayyton, Suneet, urquidi, Cali, SweeTforU, Pitzzin, kiwikidd, Leviatharian

--Betting--

Spoiler

Because of the popular request, we have a betting system in our discord's bet_channel. Feel free to take a look there for details if you want to go for some betting!

Using our internal betting system you both support PRL and have reliable betting with PRL staff working as middleman!

--Donations and Prize Pool--

Spoiler

PRL is accepting donations to it's prize pool. If you are supporting this idea and want it to attract enough attention, please donate to PRL. PRL is only accepting donations as PokeMMO in game currency. Every donation will directly go to prize pool. All donations will be recorded, in case of the event failing to get to the point of completion, all donations will be completely returned to the donators.

Total Prize pool: 26,450,000$

From Gym Leader Applications: 180,000$
From Competitor Applications: 1,650,000$
From Donations: 24,620,000$

Donators:
          PrincessDia: 11,000,000$
          AidanWasTaken: 1,000,000$
          (Anonymous): 1,000,000$
          (Anonymous): 1,500,000$
          GodKingEsranius: 4,090,000$
          MertOzy: 100,000$

Hagene: 150,000$

MonkeyDMathew: 1,000,000$

EGuy: 1,270,000$

Leviatharian: 150,000$

MoxieMozzie: 2,000,000$

Pawnwolf: 250,000$

SenorMorty: 100,000$

DengNabbit: 10,000$

SecretDjinn: 1,000,000$

You can contact PrincessDia in-game or mail PrincessDia any amount divisible by 10,000$ with title "PRL Donation". Donator role in PRL discord is an honor title given to people who has donated 1,000,000$ or higher. If you are a donator that is eglible and you join our discord, just message PrincessDia for the role. Thanks a lot for your contribution.

--FAQ--

Spoiler

Q: Let's say I'm qualified for Preliminaries then Royal League, when will I play the matches?

A: They will be Played at Saturdays or Sundays from 15:00 to 20:00 GMT. You have to be online and ready 15 minutes before your match time during Preliminaries and Royal League. You'll play only one match per week during league though so even though the duration seems long. It's not as heavy as it seems.

Q: I've heard something called RAC in league battles and I'm too lazy to read event details. What is it?

A: RAC stands for Randomly Assigned Condition. Every league battle will have a RAC assigned to it and participants will know it one week prior to match day to prepare. For example the match could have a Lava Field, enforcing usage of Pokemon only with Fire type, Flying type or Levitate ability. Or the RAC could be a win condition such as if you defeat the first Pokemon sent out by your opponent, you automatically win. This aims to make participants to use their creativity and player skills instead some memorised meta.

--Details for Nerds--

Spoiler

--------------------------------------------------
Part 1 - Goal of PRL

PRL's first point is, trying to achieve a "somewhat" closer experience to cannon Pokemon League for players. Before you start frowning upon this, I have been into billion attempts of "Player ran league" crap and saw them majorly failing, saw why they failed and attempted brainstorm sessions on how to overcome the problems in MMO environment. So this is a long term idea that has been solidified over time that I decided it's worth a try.

PRL's second point is, trying to give players a break from all repetitive OU, UU, NU, LC, metagame and allowing trainers to really show their player skills with battles that require adaptive conditions. How this will work is explained below.

Part 2 - Battle Rules

2.1 - Enforced Rules

Every battle included included in PRL will have following rules strictly enforced.

- Every battle will be on Tournament-Mode with regular clauses and at level 50 mark. (No LC)
  - Every battle will be on PokeMMO, regardless of reason, any matches that are played on other platforms will not be valid for PRL.

2.2 - GYM Battles

Those define what GYM leader battle standards are.

- GYM leaders can use their own rules with exceptions listed below.
  - GYM leaders CAN NOT change any rules stated in Enforced Rules section.
  - GYM leaders CAN NOT ban any Pokémon from usage or enforce Tiering rules.

example of not allowed rules: "NU only", "No Dunsparce", "No Water mons"
example of allowed rules: "4v4 Doubles battle, you bring 6 pokemon but you can only use first 4 you assign","You have 30 turns to take down my Metapod or I win"

2.3 - League Battles

League Battles will have a randomly assigned condition selected from a large pool of options for every battle. Those may alter limitations of usable Pokémon or alter win conditions of the battle.

- Conditions assigned by RAC CAN NOT change any rules in Enforced Rules section.
  - Using Drizzle + Swift Swim / Drought + Chlorophyll / Sand Stream + Sand Rush on same team are not allowed.

Example demonstration of a RAC in fixture:

PlayerA vs PlayerB
-Ascension-

Limitations

Speed Boost and Simple ability, Psych Up move, Abilities and Moves that give more than +2 stages in Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense or Speed are banned.

Win condition

Knock out all of opponents Pokemon or reach +6 stage in Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp Defense or Speed.

Extra Information

None.

Part 3 - League Process

PRL is a long term commitment by all participants and approximately will last 3 months. There will be two sides of competition. One side will be among competitors where they try to come on top and be the glorious champion. Other side will be among GYM leaders.

Competing trainers will try to get 8 badges from 16+ GYM Leaders available before the announced league start date. Competitors of PRL will be reduced to 10 players with preliminary rounds. Once the league starts, Every match will be announced along with their RAC a week before the match so actual league will last 9 weeks. League matches will start at 15:00 GMT at Saturdays, and 15:00 GMT at Sundays, will be played in a non-simultaneous way according to order fixtures are announced.

Once a competitor earns a badge from a GYM leader, GYM leader is considered vouching for success of the competitor carrying his/her badge. Every battle the competitor wins against another competitor without that GYM leader's badge during preliminary matches or league matches, the GYM leader earns 3 points (in case of draw 1 point). In order for a GYM leader to win the GYM leader competition; they need to have enough activity to get enough challenges to see who is worthy of going into league, if they hand out too many badges or too few badges, they don't stand a chance.

The combination of those two sides of competition aims to achieve, increased GYM leader activity and provide a bunch of natural supporters for league competitors.

Part 4 - Prize Pool and Donations

4.1 - Distribution of Rewards

PRL Champion : 50% of the reward pool, Title of "Champion" in PRL Hall of Fame.
  PRL 2nd Place  : 20% of the reward pool, Title of "Elite 4" in PRL Hall of Fame.
  PRL 3rd Place   : 5% of the reward pool, Title of "Elite 4" in PRL Hall of Fame.

PRL 4th Place   : Title of "Elite 4" in PRL Hall of Fame.

PRL 5th Place   : Title of "Elite 4" in PRL Hall of Fame.

GYM Leader 1st place : 20% of the reward pool, title of "Grand Leader" in PRL Hall of Fame.
  GYM Leader 2nd place: 5% of the reward pool.

4.2 - Donations

If you are supporting this idea and want it to attract enough attention, please donate to PRL. PRL is only accepting donations as PokeMMO in game currency. Every donation will directly go to prize pool. All donations will be recorded, in case of the event failing to get to the point of completion, all donations will be completely returned to the donators.

In order to donate to PRL send an in-game mail to PrincessDia with title "PRL Donation". Donations have to be divisible by 10,000$ any extra amount will not be recorded in refund-list.

4.3 - Application Fee

GYM Leader Application:  10,000$ In-game currency
  Competitor Application: 50,000$ In-game currency

Entry fees are directly added to prize pool and will be fully refunded in case the event fails to get to point of completion. But in case of rejection due failing to meet requirements specified or getting disqualified, the application fees will be kept in prize pool and will not be refunded as long as the event is not canceled so make sure you understand the given requirements before applying.

Part 5 - Miscellaneous

5.1 - Update History

-27.06.2019-
Initial Post

Discord link added

-28.06.2019-

Formatting Fix

Staff Recruitment Update

Reduced Final Competitor count from 16 to 10

Reduced expected completion time to 3 months

Added Event Plan

-01.07.2019-

Updated for Gym Leader Applications Information

Updated FAQ

Added Participant Records

-03.07.2019-

Added Donation and Prize Pool Summary

-05.07.2019-

Staff Recruitment Update

Information Condensing

-07.07.2019-

Minimum goal and fee updates

-08.07.2019-
Scheduled Opening of Competitor Applications
FAQ Update for Competitor Applications

-12.07.2019-

Detail and Requirement Clarifications
Goals Update

-24.07.2019-
Closed Competitor Applications

-01.08.2019-

GYM Challenge Time Frame Close
Updated title rewards

-04.08.2019-
Added betting section
Finalized preliminaries

Edited by PrincessDia
Finalization

I'm sorry I cannot understand all these rules and conditions you listed thoroughly. I have to say it is a wonderful idea, but at the same time it is a huge project to conduct. 

I'm afraid that if this Royal League has this many requirements and rules, the participation level will not be very high. Good luck with you, my dear friend.

Some suggestions:

-There are some unnecessary stuff that are only there to make this seems more complicated than already is (And bear in mind mmo community is 40 IQ at max), just remove them.

- 6 months is way too long. Even psl kinda dies a bit and its faster.

A really quick draft of how this could become:

- People sign up

-They get badges

- All 16 best players get to play each other  in some tournament format (Maybe with 2 brackets)

edit: Make it 24 players and the 8 best gym leaders, and 4 brackets.

- Winners of the brackets plays against each other.

-Winners of previous section are then crowned.

If you make it hard, people wont join for the sake of it.

Lastly, and sadly, no matter how good this could be, this community is all about complaining everytime cuz there is nothing to do, but when someone creates something for them to do, they also complain with excuse of effort, cuz they simply dont want to do a thing in this game.

Edited by pachima
1 hour ago, pachima said:

Lastly, and sadly, no matter how good this could be, this community is all about complaining everytime cuz there is nothing to do, but when someone creates something for them to do, they also complain with excuse of effort, cuz they simply dont want to do a thing in this game.

True, still I feel like This event can surely take place

2 hours ago, pachima said:

That's human beings in general.

2 hours ago, pachima said:

Some suggestions:

-There are some unnecessary stuff that are only there to make this seems more complicated than already is (And bear in mind mmo community is 40 IQ at max), just remove them.

- 6 months is way too long. Even psl kinda dies a bit and its faster.

A really quick draft of how this could become:

- People sign up

-They get badges

- All 16 best players get to play each other  in some tournament format (Maybe with 2 brackets)

edit: Make it 24 players and the 8 best gym leaders, and 4 brackets.

- Winners of the brackets plays against each other.

-Winners of previous section are then crowned.

If you make it hard, people wont join for the sake of it.

I know about participation and there won't be any changes to overall structure, I know about majority of the issues and I have plans to overcome all when the time comes, I stuffed out a lot of info right now because it's basicly an overview and I'm kinda looking for Staff + Streamers/Commentators at the moment. Kinda need people with higher average IQ than 40 lol.

I'll take responsibility to keep it alive and intresting, I am prepared.

(P.S Didn't we first meet on someone's failed "Player-ran League" project LOL.)

Edited by PrincessDia
Just now, PrincessDia said:

Of course I am not Pachima, I just love his quotes. (lol I wish I could fit them all in my signature but yeah...)

Oh I get it. He is cute I agree. We talk allday but I don't follow him in forums. He mades many boring calculations here.

16 minutes ago, MathewMat said:

Ill gladly donate 1M to your event Hope it helps)

Thanks a lot, it means a lot to all the hard working people here!

2 minutes ago, Tealius said:

Would have probably tried this out if my Pokemon were actually competitively viable lmao

If we manage to meet our goals and run this, you're certainly more than welcome in next season! You can always start as a Gym Leader if you don't feel too confident ^^

9 hours ago, PrincessDia said:

Thanks a lot, it means a lot to all the hard working people here!

If we manage to meet our goals and run this, you're certainly more than welcome in next season! You can always start as a Gym Leader if you don't feel too confident ^^

I'm capable of being a gym leader At every Type, got over 600 comps, so if you still need a gym leader pm me, if not im surely a competitor :D

Edited by Leviatharian
2 hours ago, Leviatharian said:

I'm capable of being a gym leader At every Type, got over 600 comps, so if you still need a gym leader pm me, if not im surely a competitor :D

Too late for Gym Leadership now, (I guess someone should have "read the whole thing" heh heh) Competitor applications are recently open though! If you are interested give us an application and I'll check as soon as I get a chance from work! Cheers!

Edited by PrincessDia
typo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.