Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
calidubstep

Pokemmo Mayoral Preliminary Re-Elections 2019

Pokemmo Mayoral Preliminary Re-Elections 2019   

159 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who deserves to be a finalist in these amazingly hype mmo mayoral re-elections?


  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/19 at 04:59 AM

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

I am impressed with the early voting. Thank you for your confidence in me to continue serving PokeMMO! For the campaign, I made a slogin that is what my Mayoral Term is looking like so far: "Less Talk, More Action!"

 

Some people may complain that I don't write a lot of speeches. The time I use to write up a speech is time that can be used for projects that help players new and old navigate the game. As of late, I am working on this Unova Gym Guide:

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

If anyone would like to contribute in helping me scout the abilities, items, moves, or all of the above, then I will list you under the Contributors section.

Let me do a quick Q and A session from concerned players on PokeMMO (if there is a question that you would like for me to address, then feel free to ask them [please no trolls]):

  Reveal hidden contents

Question 1: "Bestfriends, you are the Mayor of PokeMMO and I need help. Recently, I got banned from PokeMMO. Can you be my voice?"

 

Answer 1: I do not want to be involved in disputes between you and a staff member. If you want to make your case as to why you should be unbanned or have a lighter sentence, then state your case in the Ban Appeals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 2: "Bestfriends, I want Sinnoh and Johto! Lobby the development team to implement them now, I am bored!"

 

Answer 2: My job is to help people new and old. I want to help people in the "now" instead of sitting back and writing letters to the development team. I am confident in their abilities in implementing Sinnoh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 3: "Bestfriends, why don't you host any tournaments?"

 

Answer: That is a good question. My council and I had a few meetings about the matter, however tournament hosting may be visited at a later time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 4: "Hire me!"

 

Answer 4: I usually like to look at the credentials of people before I hire them. Being the Mayor of PokeMMO means that I have to measure up people and see if they are good in their respective fields. However, if you want a job in my administration, then you are needed if you know Spanish, French, Portuguese, or Chinese really well. I am understaffed in the Translator Department.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 5: "Who determines your term? We have to make the rules on how long a Mayoral Term is!"

 

Answer 5: I do not want to answer this question because this is not my department. This a question more for the higher ups to answer. As a note, the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has served Israel since 2009, however US President Donald Trump can only serve 2 terms. Either way, I do not want to give feedback at this time as to my situation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(if you have any further questions, then feel free to ask them)

 

Now here is a question for me to ask you the player-base: "Are you satisfied by my job performance thus far?" If the answer is yes, then make sure to vote for "Bestfriends." There are a lot more projects that I plan on pursuing.

 

Thank you for your time everyone!

 

Less Words, More Action!

 

Bf

What did you really do as a mayor that you wouldn't already do as a normal player, during the course of your first term really?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, awkways said:

Question 6: What about you being Mayor differentiates you from any other kind-hearted player? Aka what REAL power does mayor-ship hold?

Answer 6: I am glad that people are helping others. Helping people is not just a Mayor's job (I hope that is not the case or we live in a cruel and dark world). However, as the Mayor, I have a whole team or council I can turn to for advice on certain topics pertaining to everyday activities in game and how to make them easier for people to understand. Also, as a public utility, I own the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel which takes a lot of hard work to write scripts for and to find experts to help in my videos.

 

3 minutes ago, razimove said:

What did you really do as a mayor that you wouldn't already do as a normal player, during the course of your first term really?

People who want me to write speeches ask me this. It takes a lot of man hours (and even months) to write scripts to videos, upload them, constructing guides (depending on how complex the topic is), etc. Speeches or complaints about a new region is just a waste of time for me. Razimove, you helped me in writing the script for the How to Make Money video on PokeMMO and thank you for helping me out.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, RysPicz said:

lmao who nominated me wtf I'd burn forums, this game and all of it's users starting from xatu

This is why you're my number 2

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Answer 6: I am glad that people are helping others. Helping people is not just a Mayor's job (I hope that is not the case or we live in a cruel and dark world). However, as the Mayor, I have a whole team or council I can turn to for advice on certain topics pertaining to everyday activities in game and how to make them easier for people to understand. Also, as a public utility, I own the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel which takes a lot of hard work to write scripts for and to find experts to help in my videos.

 

People who want me to write speeches ask me this. It takes a lot of man hours (and even months) to write scripts to videos, upload them, constructing guides (depending on how complex the topic is), etc. Speeches or complaints about a new region is just a waste of time for me. Razimove, you helped me in writing the script for the How to Make Money video on PokeMMO and thank you for helping me out.

TL;DR; you did literally zero. 

You could have done the same as a regular player, and your activity around the community didn't even increase when the title was granted. I, like many others, help you, and we're regular players.

Edited by razimove

Share this post


Link to post

So many of these candidates are saying they don't even want to be in this toll. The only candidate I see campaigning and fighting for his spot is the only one getting my vote. Which is why my vote goes to Bestfriends! Thank you for being a great Mayor and always helping the community. Take it all the way BF.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, LizCatchEmAll said:

So many of these candidates are saying they don't even want to be in this toll. The only candidate I see campaigning and fighting for his spot is the only one getting my vote. Which is why my vote goes to Bestfriends! Thank you for being a great Mayor and always helping the community. Take it all the way BF.

25e24c6bdf058b1eb0fc0bf15bab9f8f.png3c0d146fef518e69a6303ba46a49a38f.png

 

nice rigged election

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, RysPicz said:

lmao who nominated me wtf I'd burn forums, this game and all of it's users starting from xatu

now im convinced, you got my vote

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Lvkee said:

25e24c6bdf058b1eb0fc0bf15bab9f8f.png3c0d146fef518e69a6303ba46a49a38f.png

 

nice rigged election

meanwhile a staff member is laughing his ass off seeing the account has the same IP as Bestfriends

 

1 hour ago, Zymogen said:

I am concerned that this whole situation is transcending into a meme dimension that we mere mortals simply cannot comprehend. Has politics gone too far?

The whole Mayor thing is a meme anyway, which is why it should only go to meme players.

 

inb4 "Tranz4Mayor"

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Tranzmaster said:

The whole Mayor thing is a meme anyway, which is why it should only go to meme players.

I'd vote if you could beat a garbodor horde!

Share this post


Link to post

So many of these candidates are saying they don't even want to be in this toll. The only candidate I see campaigning and fighting for his spot is the only one getting my vote. Which is why my vote goes to Bestfriends! Thank you for being a great Mayor and always helping the community. Take it all the way BF.

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, razimove said:

I'd vote if you could beat a garbodor horde!

nobody can defeat a garbodor horde

Share this post


Link to post

 

这些候选人中有很多人说他们甚至不愿意付出代价。我看到竞选和争夺他的位置的唯一候选人是唯一获得我投票的候选人。这就是我投票给Bestfriends的原因!感谢您成为伟大的市长,并始终帮助社区。把它一路带到BF

English Translation

 

Spoiler

So many of these candidates are saying they don't even want to be in this toll. The only candidate I see campaigning and fighting for his spot is the only one getting my vote. Which is why my vote goes to Bestfriends! Thank you for being a great Mayor and always helping the community. Take it all the way BF.

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, HuangPaoLi said:

 

这些候选人中有很多人说他们甚至不愿意付出代价。我看到竞选和争夺他的位置的唯一候选人是唯一获得我投票的候选人。这就是我投票给Bestfriends的原因!感谢您成为伟大的市长,并始终帮助社区。把它一路带到BF

English Translation

 

  Reveal hidden contents

So many of these candidates are saying they don't even want to be in this toll. The only candidate I see campaigning and fighting for his spot is the only one getting my vote. Which is why my vote goes to Bestfriends! Thank you for being a great Mayor and always helping the community. Take it all the way BF.

 

How many alts arw you creating BF?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, HuangPaoLi said:

 

这些候选人中有很多人说他们甚至不愿意付出代价。我看到竞选和争夺他的位置的唯一候选人是唯一获得我投票的候选人。这就是我投票给Bestfriends的原因!感谢您成为伟大的市长,并始终帮助社区。把它一路带到BF

English Translation

 

  Reveal hidden contents

So many of these candidates are saying they don't even want to be in this toll. The only candidate I see campaigning and fighting for his spot is the only one getting my vote. Which is why my vote goes to Bestfriends! Thank you for being a great Mayor and always helping the community. Take it all the way BF.

 

bKFuzGK.jpg

 

e: I have nothing against Bestfriends, i like him but this shit is rigged af lmao

Edited by MaatthewMLG

Share this post


Link to post

May I have power only to make Auto Tournaments? I can promise to keep the game alittle extra competitive for the Community with my Tournaments, I like watching battles and I hardly Write on Forums so I don't think I Qualify to run Mayor anyways.

 

 

IGN:ProfesorEinstein

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ProfesorEinsteinnn said:

May I have power only to make Auto Tournaments? I can promise to keep the game alittle extra competitive for the Community with my Tournaments, I like watching battles and I hardly Write on Forums so I don't think I Qualify to run Mayor anyways.

 

 

IGN:ProfesorEinstein

Although I doubt its a possibility, you can probably contact a staff member like I did in the past to hold an automated tour for you( still not 100% sure if they can hold a prize like a shiny aswell, but last time I spoke they said it was possible), ask @Linfanz for example

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, razimove said:

Petition to only accept votes from accounts older than 2 months

Mhm, if mayor helps people in the game, they appreciate his work and help, suddenly they hear about elections- it's normal they want to give a vote to the man who helped.  It goes to other candidates as well really- what if someone helped in the game to the player who started playing a month ago, and during that month he started to playing game thanks to that person- he is now part of the community. Note that's not me disagreeing completely with you, it's rather me starting a discussion about that.

This whole process lacks a clear explanation. If a community wants to make it limited to accounts older than 2 months, it should be done BEFORE elections starts, not when it's running. Out of 32 people currently voting for Bf, I notice the majority of names is here far longer.


If anything, if any limit should be implemented, it should be done before final vote will take place. Candidates should know how long their term will last, to prepare properly their campaings.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bearminator said:

Mhm, if mayor helps people in the game, they appreciate his work and help, suddenly they hear about elections- it's normal they want to give a vote to the man who helped.  It goes to other candidates as well really- what if someone helped in the game to the player who started playing a month ago, and during that month he started to playing game thanks to that person- he is now part of the community. Note that's not me disagreeing completely with you, it's rather me starting a discussion about that.

This whole process lacks a clear explanation. If a community wants to make it limited to accounts older than 2 months, it should be done BEFORE elections starts, not when it's running. Out of 32 people currently voting for Bf, I notice the majority of names is here far longer.


If anything, if any limit should be implemented, it should be done before final vote will take place. Candidates should know how long their term will last, to prepare properly their campaings.

 

 

Ok like you said "community", but it seems to me a few people have been calling the shots on this entire election ideal and now when bf gets a few votes from players new to the forums which was expected tbh, sudden changes wants to be made again. Last time I checked it's allowed for a candidate to gather players to vote for him. I played this game months before creating a forum account. So just because a player's forum account is less than 2 months old that shouldn't render a player's vote ineligible.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Goku said:

Ok like you said "community", but it seems to me a few people have been calling the shots on this entire election ideal and now when bf gets a few votes from players new to the forums which was expected tbh, sudden changes wants to be made again. Last time I checked it's allowed for a candidate to gather players to vote for him. I played this game months before creating a forum account. So just because a player's forum account is less than 2 months old that shouldn't render a player's vote ineligible.

And you are right here, hence why I said it would be ideal to have those set in stone before final election will come. Suddenly one candidate will have more votes and what, we will hear same thing about accounts etc?

 

However, I'm not forcing y'all to do so, just giving opinion ^^

Share this post


Link to post

So many of these candidates are saying they don't even want to be in this toll. The only candidate I see campaigning and fighting for his spot is the only one getting my vote. Which is why my vote goes to Bestfriends! Thank you for being a great Mayor and always helping the community. Take it all the way BF. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.