Allow the highest placed player to choose their prize from the prize pool

OrangeManiac

Question

The case example what this suggestion wants to fix is the prize distribution of events like the Player of the Year tournament's grand final. In this tournament, the grand champion is given a Shiny Gift Chansey, runner-up is given Shiny Gift Milotic and the 3rd place is given Shiny Gift Excadrill. A player (4f) already raised a comment how he would pick the runner-up prize rather than the prize for the Grand Champion if he was to play in that tournament, and to be perfectly honest I don't think he is alone with this opinion.

What could possibly be more awkward than having someone throw their Grand Final match just because they feel like they want the runner-up prize more than the Grand Champion's prize. Better so, imagine if both finalist refuse to play because they would rather want to place second than first. Could anything be more awkward (and also somewhat hilarious) than that from the competitive standpoint? Therefor what I'm suggesting for these types of events with multiple shiny prizes that the winner would be allowed first to decide which shiny of the prize pool they want, second placed player would be next to decide and the 3rd placed gets whatever is left.

I made a thread to this suggestion rather than commenting on the thread because I think it's a procedure on its own to discuss and similar prize distribution has existed in the past, however before this event there really wasn't a concern that anyone would throw their game for a better prize like there is now.

2 answers to this question

Hello @OrangeManiac - We have taken your suggestion into consideration and after discussing with some other staff members, have decided to change the current prize distribution for the Player Of The Year tournament. From now on, the winners may choose the shiny they want from the current prizepool depending on how they place in the tournament (First place gets to pick first and so on). The main thread has been edited. You can see the change here. Thank you for your feedback, have a nice day!

Prizes

chansey.gifmilotic.gifexcadrill.gif

Shiny Gift

Chansey Milotic Excadrill

Your choice of nature, gender, two moves, with IVs 2x31 & 4x25

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png 1st Place 415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.png

First pick for shiny, 2,000,000 Pokeyen or 2,000 RP

+

Player of the Year Signature & Entry in Hall of Fame

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png Second Place 9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png

Second pick for shiny, 1,500,000 Pokeyens or 1,500 RP

+

Player of the Year-Runner Up Signature & Entry in Hall of Fame

d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png Third Place d06d221b538688a420279d9d2181710f.png

Third pick for shiny1,000,000 Pokeyens or 1,000 RP

+

Entry in Hall of Fame