Lower catch rate

HackGod

Question

With all other starters they are outside safari zone and easy to catch false swipe and sleep. But with johto starters the rate is very unfair you cant even catch a single one in a trip through safari zone i suggest you lower the catch rate for them so they are as easy to catch as the starters outside of the safari zone

They have been in safari zone for over 2 years now and i think people will agree its time to reevaluate the catch rate

Edited by HackGod

8 answers to this question

Just now, Matoka said:

Things being easier is not necessarily a good thing, especially for the economy.

It is worth noting that you only need a singular one of these pokemon in order to make an OT comp 5x31 etc.

Originally being added to the game yeah fine but not now its outdated and needs to change it was exciting yeah but now its not very good gaming

4 minutes ago, HackGod said:

Originally being added to the game yeah fine but not now its outdated and needs to change it was exciting yeah but now its not very good gaming

Changing things because they have been the same for a long period of time is only good if they are actively problematic, Johto starters being as difficult to obtain as they are is not problematic. If they were Genderless for instance then perhaps I would be inclined to agree with you, however you only need one so it is not problematic and therefore changing it for the sake of changing it is not necessarily a wise decision.

When you claim it is outdated, what exactly are you referring to?

With unova they have starters in the wild and johto onlynones in a safari maybe with pokemon platinum they can be in wild i dont think catching is difficult but itbis outrageous what u have to do for johto starter comparing it to other starter pokemon

5 minutes ago, HackGod said:

With unova they have starters in the wild and johto onlynones in a safari maybe with pokemon platinum they can be in wild i dont think catching is difficult but itbis outrageous what u have to do for johto starter comparing it to other starter pokemon

Johto starters are likely in the Hoenn Safari zone as Johto is unavailable, I will agree once Johto is added to the game them being available in the Hoenn Safari would be outdated and it would be reasonable to see them moved into the wild then.

Before Johto is added however I think it is fine they remain where they are for now.

It took me 4 hours to catch all three. I caught Chikorita and Totodile within 30 minutes and then Cyndaquil took the rest of that time. Even with that time taken, I think it's absolutely fair as starters from a region that isn't in the game should be difficult to get.