Control on berries prices on GTL

lallo17

Question

Isn't it annoying when you sell your berries/seeds for the common trade price of the moment (for instance 1500) and then instead staying all on the same trend, a rush to the lower price begins ruining the market for all but the fools selling their stuff at a ridiculous price (for instance 1099)?

For an average player that price isn't even enough to cover the harvesting tools+seeds+ad taxes or whatever costs!

My suggestion is to set a minimum price for the consumables like berries so that those without a clue of how a market works will ruin it no more.

thanks for linstening to me and sorry for the bad English :)

11 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, lallo17 said:

Isn't it annoying when you sell your berries/seeds for the common trade price of the moment (for instance 1500) and then instead staying all on the same trend, a rush to the lower price begins ruining the market for all but the fools selling their stuff at a ridiculous price (for instance 1099)?

For an average player that price isn't even enough to cover the harvesting tools+seeds+ad taxes or whatever costs!

My suggestion is to set a minimum price for the consumables like berries so that those without a clue of how a market works will ruin it no more.

thanks for linstening to me and sorry for the bad English :)

The thing about those price dips is they’re never permanent.

The issue with implementing something of this nature is that there are also massive highs in prices too for certain items and Pokémon, which thankfully are also not permanent. Should that be capped too? What should be done about rare items or Pokémon, better IVs, fully trained, or shinies?

20 minutes ago, kuplion said:

The thing about those price dips is they’re never permanent.

The issue with implementing something of this nature is that there are also massive highs in prices too for certain items and Pokémon, which thankfully are also not permanent. Should that be capped too? What should be done about rare items or Pokémon, better IVs, fully trained, or shinies?

You're right but since Pokémon are a completely different matter I am limiting to Items.

For the high prices I do'nt suggest to put a limit but at least a suggested selling/buying price so that who's buying can say if an object is overpriced or not.

I know it is not a perfect/ideal solution but at least it will stop the undervalue of items and will bring awareness about market prices.

free market, I suppose, besides those that sell at a low price are probably the people who pick up those seeds and do not know how it works, it's temporary I think

there is another way to plant seeds, without announcing, planting to sell to npc, which is 67 hours each, but they give like 12 berries

6 minutes ago, villa said:

free market, I suppose, besides those that sell at a low price are probably the people who pick up those seeds and do not know how it works, it's temporary I think

there is another way to plant seeds, without announcing, planting to sell to npc, which is 67 hours each, but they give like 12 berries

I don't think that 99 seeds/berries or a more than 10 other items announce can be of a person who found some and not knowing what to do with them decided to sell all.

Moreover I'm not talking about a tendence of a person to sell an item at a lower price compared to the market trends, I'm talking about the tendecy of a LOT of people to spam an ad one after the other with 1$ difference until reaching a ridiculously (and dangerously) low price.

the object to be sold has in its description the sale price and the real price, it depends on who sells it so that it does not obtain profits.

I do not think that will change, I know we do not like to lower the prices of something that you usually sell to make a profit, if this does not turn out to be so profitable, it would be better to change what i  mentioned above or the method that you think is convenient

PD: Bad english

Edited by villa
5 hours ago, Munya said:

I'm of the opinion we should never have dictated the sell price by giving them actual sell value to NPCs and let the actual supply/players determine the value of the time and cost they put into growing them.

Yes, it is how it works now. Good results.

14 hours ago, Tyrone said:

There is a minimum berry price, equal to the vendor price.

For some berries, it's actually worth vendoring them to npc instead of GTL. 

You're right but this is not the problem I'm talking about

On 6/20/2019 at 3:24 AM, lallo17 said:

You're right but this is not the problem I'm talking about

What you're talking about is an inherent trait of a free market. Change that or control it and it's not a free self-regulated market anymore. What Tyrone said is right, no one would list anything on the GTL at a price cheaper than what an NPC would pay for it. Sellers can dictate what they sell stuff at and despite big price dips being annoying, with popular products, they're always temporary and value will restore itself, while whoever undercuts by a lot instead of $1 will lose out on a lot of profit. 

On 6/20/2019 at 3:21 AM, lallo17 said:

Yes, it is how it works now. Good results.

Fun fact: no it's not. You can sell berries to NPCs. Not like I'd be against removing that feature either tbh