Guild bank and boosts.

SoloReprise

Question

So, if you had 30h to read all I wrote on my another suggestion, which I still defending and now it even has a tl;dr, you'll know that I can be very nuisance with making the things we've already have what I think is "better". Better. Better.

One of the things that annoys me more is that there's a lot of people that ask all the time: "What are the benefits to be in a Team?" and we can only say... Well, none. Maybe you can say that having a private chat is a benefit, but I don't think that it's a great one. It's nice, yeah, but it's not defining.

Some of the stuff I'm going to say here are not new, and that's why I don't need to re-explain what a "Guild bank" is. Here are some examples of people asking the same as I'm suggesting here, with some differences:

Where I differ with this suggestions is with whose will be the meaning of the team bank: I don't think it should be a bank for pokemon or items, as we've already have the GTL for this, but it should be a bank for money. And only money.

And here's where the second part of my suggestion comes: What we do with that money? Well, we'll boost two things: the money we receive from NPCs and the experience we recieve on battling. This can sound BIG, but I don't think that it should have a big porcentage of boosting. Let's say, for example, that this are the costs and boosts:

Money boost

Experience boost

+0.2%

50.000$

+0.5%

50.000$

+0.5%

150.000$

+1.2%

100.000$

+1%

350.000$

+2%

250.000$

+1.5%

500.000$

+2.7%

400.000$

+2%

1.000.000$

+3.5%

550.000$

+2.5%

1.750.000$

+4.2%

700.000$

+3%

2.500.000$

+5%

1.000.000$

+3.5%

4.000.000$

+5.7%

2.000.000$

+4%

6.000.000$

+6.5%

3.500.000$

+5%

10.000.000$

+8%

5.000.000$

Prizes are orientative, and this is taking for example that I don't have too much money, so u may think I'm pointing low. Also, the boost is not accumulable: After "buying" boost nº2, boost nº1 will dissappear. I think that making guild members put lots of money in your guild will also help economy, but maybe not. I'm here to discuss!

tl;dr: Guild bank for money. Money and experience boosts to guild members payed with guild's money.

Edited by SoloReprise

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, SoloReprise said:

And here's where the second part of my suggestion comes: What we do with that money? Well, we'll boost two things: the money we receive from NPCs and the experience we recieve on battling. This can sound BIG, but I don't think that it should have a big porcentage of boosting. Let's say, for example, that this are the costs and boosts:

Money boost

Experience boost

+0.2%

50.000$

+0.5%

50.000$

+0.5%

150.000$

+1.2%

100.000$

+1%

350.000$

+2%

250.000$

+1.5%

500.000$

+2.7%

400.000$

+2%

1.000.000$

+3.5%

550.000$

+2.5%

1.750.000$

+4.2%

700.000$

+3%

2.500.000$

+5%

1.000.000$

+3.5%

4.000.000$

+5.7%

2.000.000$

+4%

6.000.000$

+6.5%

3.500.000$

+5%

10.000.000$

+8%

5.000.000$

Prizes are orientatives, and this is taking for example that I don't have too much money, so maybe u can think I'm pointing low. Also, the boost is not accumulable: After "buying" boost nº2, boost nº1 will dissappear. I think that making guild members put lots of money in your guild will also help economy, but maybe not. I'm here to discuss!

tl;dr: Guild bank for money. Money and experience boosts to guild members payed with guild's money.

I like the idea, but I'm pretty sure devs would not be interested in putting in place a system where players get an indefinite boost after paying for it. If there is a temporary feature to each boost, I think it would work.

Edited by gbwead
2 hours ago, gbwead said:

I like the idea, but I'm pretty sure devs would not be interesting in putting in place a system where players get an indefinite boost after paying for it. If there is a temporary feature to each boost, I think it would work.

I think that if the boosts aren't too high and they also aren't too easily to get them they could be indefinite. But hey, I'm opened to change the suggestion if devs come here and they accept something alike to Make The Guilds Great Again.

The devs have already shown that they're willing to make boosts for a group of people (like the charm boost while being in link), so transferring that to team environment definitely seems possible. However, I think that the primary reason for teams is to socialize and becoming friends with a group of people. Why I think this is relevant to this suggestion is that having a boost for the entirety of the team in a way promotes to have big teams, and having excessively big teams isn't necessarily good in the grand scheme of things. If this kind of team boost would have too much of an effect, you should have a big team or you're falling behind in economy aspect of the game. I don't think that is necessarily a good thing. And what comes to the social aspect of the game, lots of well known teams have faced some serious problems for becoming too big. Therefor I like the idea of having some kind of value for having a team but I'd hope it's not in a way that encourages to have as big team as possible for the economy aspect. And what comes to the competitive side of things as well, I really would hate to see the number of competitive teams shrinking even smaller. The team tournaments have had to dig deep lately to even get the 16 teams to participate, which for a game with this many players is quite a concerning number.

25 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

The devs have already shown that they're willing to make boosts for a group of people (like the charm boost while being in link), so transferring that to team environment definitely seems possible. However, I think that the primary reason for teams is to socialize and becoming friends with a group of people. Why I think this is relevant to this suggestion is that having a boost for the entirety of the team in a way promotes to have big teams, and having excessively big teams isn't necessarily good in the grand scheme of things. If this kind of team boost would have too much of an effect, you should have a big team or you're falling behind in economy aspect of the game. I don't think that is necessarily a good thing. And what comes to the social aspect of the game, lots of well known teams have faced some serious problems for becoming too big. Therefor I like the idea of having some kind of value for having a team but I'd hope it's not in a way that encourages to have as big team as possible for the economy aspect. And what comes to the competitive side of things as well, I really would hate to see the number of competitive teams shrinking even smaller. The team tournaments have had to dig deep lately to even get the 16 teams to participate, which for a game with this many players is quite a concerning number.

As I said, data here is mere expeculation. Maybe that 10th money boost might be 100M instead of 10. With this numbers your team would need to reunite around 250M to have all money boosts. Maybe even that seems a low prize to pay. Maybe the percentages here exposed are too high. I really didn't made the maths, just wanted to make the example and obviously it needs more than a look to see this implemented.

Also, I think that it could have more money needs to upgrade the boosts and maybe even boosts can be tournament prizes so competitive but small teams would be able to reach them in another ways.