Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Akshit

Clubs Section Vs The Round Table

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

This is not a suggestion (please don't lock). Since Squirtle already made up his mind long ago that Round Table isn't coming back.

Just wanted to have an open discussion about if Clubs actually have changed anything in a positive manner as opposed to The Round Table.

 

So.... Round Table was removed cause staff wasn't willing to moderate it anymore due to huge amounts of toxic spam etc.

And therefore, Clubs were added making user moderation a thing (something which contradicted a previous staff decision):

Anyway, so here we are now, years later, with user moderation a thing on our forums.

Things are now supposed to be better ? But as far as I've observed over the years, Club section stays ignored and dead. 

 

It is so dead and ignored that even staff doesn't bother implementing it's own rule in there:

csECGfY.png

 

As I make this post, 20 / 37 of the Clubs which exist right now haven't had any post made in them for more than 2 months.

Great then, go ahead and purge them all ? Why are they still here ?

 

Also, let's discuss this too,

GUuOhfy.png

 

And wow, look at that:

kPgJ3ex.png

I applied for a club more than a week ago, and it's not there. I love Jerry, but he is only human, he gets busy irl ...  so seriously, just one guy ?

iirc just some time back, there were atleast 3 people looking after club section. But ye, seems clear that even staff has accepted the reality that club section is just a graveyard at this point and requires no actual attention.

 

So on one hand, we had The Round Table which called for so much moderation that it was shut down. And now clubs require so less, that they are completely ignored.

Where is the balance ?

 

Don't get me as a hater, I absolutely love the concept of club: user moderation, team shop, having specific purpose threads within team, etc...

But all I see in general is inactivity and hardly any team interacting with another (not through Club section anyway), something which was really common with Round Table.

 

Someone please make me see whatever positive change it has practically brought for the community, unless inactivity was the positive change, then gg.

Edited by Akshit
images were not showing with post, F

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Akshit said:

I applied for a club more than a week ago, and it's not there. I love Jerry, but he is only human, he gets busy irl ...  so seriously, just one guy ?

iirc just some time back, there were atleast 3 people looking after club section. But ye, seems clear that even staff has accepted the reality that club section is just a graveyard at this point and requires no actual attention.

 

As I've said, we are working on that, so claiming we " accepted the reality that club section is just a graveyard" is just straight ignoring my reply and not really a true statement.

 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Bearminator said:

As I've said, we are working on that, so claiming we " accepted the reality that club section is just a graveyard" is just straight ignoring my reply and not really a true statement.

 

but.....it's literally dead. With the exception of like 5-6 club pages.

Share this post


Link to post

ee938d14352e67550d5c68f27c0d4ff2.png

 

I laughed this hard when I saw Bilburt's name on it. 

 

About this topic, thanks to people like hota,bilburt,jovi,kaynine and others, I can understand staff doesn't wanna remind that past and stay away from teams. I'm sure they prefer them dead. And I'm sure they even discussing now to remove the clubs in pokemmo or not.

Spoiler

Cuz teams just chat groups in pokemmo. Comps teams same too. Just sometimes they coaching the beginners inside them and sometimes they can let u borrow their comps, needless...

 

18 hours ago, Akshit said:

Someone please make me see whatever positive change it has practically brought for the community, unless inactivity was the positive change, then gg.

That was their purpose. So it worked. Thats something positive for mods xD

 

If you players, people of pokemmo, wanna see teams as an important thing in this game, You must give teams a reason to live. Why there are teams? Staff members thought an answer for this question for a long time. But couldn't create a practical and logical solution. Except TT which is even staff forgot to host 1-2 times at past (lol), teams have no reason to stay alive except being used as chatbox with friends.

 

Btw let me help everyone with exposing what staff members' questions in their mind which they look for some answers:

  1. Why a player need to join a team except chatting? What we must add? (Example, in Runescape game, teams have their base, you can grind somethings there bla bla)
  2. What can benefits we can give players for joining a team? And we must balance this with the players no teams.
  3. What kind of new events we can add specialy for teams? With not making unhappy the players with no team.

Share this post


Link to post

So, as a previous club moderator, this is my take on it:

 

The club system suffers because it isn't as visible as the old round table. Round table used to have juicy drama that got people going to them every day, but clubs doesn't cause it's just a pain to get to, and not all of them are open clubs. As far as I'm aware, the usual channels of communication have simply shifted to discord, which is honestly just a better solution for teams than clubs. Which means that clubs' main role would be to simply flaunt accolades and collections to the public, but they struggle to fulfill this role because it takes several extra clicks and scrolling to get where you want to be, when compared to round table.

 

Overall, teams just needs more support in-game to actually give a sense of a cohort.

 

I swear Mystery Dungeon-style teams would be lit.

 

@Akshit to be fair, I was fairly strict about rule 9, Asgard Warriors got pretty mad at me :)

but I guess Jerry isn't as strict as I was.

Share this post


Link to post

i honestly never read the club pages where as before i would read whole pages of different team threads.

is the benefit of not having to moderate this dead section of forum worth it?

if the answer from devs is yes, then whats the point.

 

'we're working on it', just seems like a standard excuse. It's been like this for years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, FinnTheMember said:

ee938d14352e67550d5c68f27c0d4ff2.png

 

I laughed this hard when I saw Bilburt's name on it. 

 

About this topic, thanks to people like hota,bilburt,jovi,kaynine and others, I can understand staff doesn't wanna remind that past and stay away from teams. I'm sure they prefer them dead. And I'm sure they even discussing now to remove the clubs in pokemmo or not.

  Hide contents

Cuz teams just chat groups in pokemmo. Comps teams same too. Just sometimes they coaching the beginners inside them and sometimes they can let u borrow their comps, needless...

 

That was their purpose. So it worked. Thats something positive for mods xD

 

If you players, people of pokemmo, wanna see teams as an important thing in this game, You must give teams a reason to live. Why there are teams? Staff members thought an answer for this question for a long time. But couldn't create a practical and logical solution. Except TT which is even staff forgot to host 1-2 times at past (lol), teams have no reason to stay alive except being used as chatbox with friends.

 

Btw let me help everyone with exposing what staff members' questions in their mind which they look for some answers:

  1. Why a player need to join a team except chatting? What we must add? (Example, in Runescape game, teams have their base, you can grind somethings there bla bla)
  2. What can benefits we can give players for joining a team? And we must balance this with the players no teams.
  3. What kind of new events we can add specialy for teams? With not making unhappy the players with no team.

Wow since when were you staff? Or psychic enough to read their minds? Or did you have something constructive to add here? Cause none of that was important at all lol. Also, inb4 "dibshitery"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Flavawhat said:

 

'we're working on it', just seems like a standard excuse. It's been like this for years.

 

Probably should've said more in first post- i meant working on another staff member moderating clubs, not change to clubs itself. Since i told akshit we are aware it needs someone more, i found it needed to say it here too after reading that we ignored that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Probably should've said more in first post- i meant working on another staff member moderating clubs, not change to clubs itself. Since i told akshit we are aware it needs someone more, i found it needed to say it here too after reading that we ignored that.

 

 

woops gotcha

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, FinnTheMember said:

Btw let me help everyone with exposing what staff members' questions in their mind which they look for some answers:

  1. Why a player need to join a team except chatting? What we must add? (Example, in Runescape game, teams have their base, you can grind somethings there bla bla)
  2. What can benefits we can give players for joining a team? And we must balance this with the players no teams.
  3. What kind of new events we can add specialy for teams? With not making unhappy the players with no team.

I'm forced to ask, are you Xatu's alt by some chance? 

 

 

4 hours ago, Gilan said:

The club system suffers because it isn't as visible as the old round table.

It's not only that it's not as visible, but is also less user friendly.

 

4 hours ago, Gilan said:

As far as I'm aware, the usual channels of communication have simply shifted to discord, which is honestly just a better solution for teams than clubs.

Yes and no, for team members, it is, but for non team members, friends fo the team etc, they used to engage a lot in the team threads with team members, which now is something you very rarely see happening.

Edited by razimove

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, razimove said:

I'm forced to ask, are you Xatu's alt by some chance?

I saw that name before. I agree he had weird fetishes. But cannot be me.

 

2 hours ago, Dibz said:

Wow since when were you staff? Or psychic enough to read their minds? Or did you have something constructive to add here? Cause none of that was important at all lol. Also, inb4 "dibshitery"

I had a long discussion with a staff member... What was his name... From the times when Rache, Rulana and Noad was mod too... Was a nice guy... Rip... He found me right after hearing my points about teams and we thought some solutions but, all of em were complicated and headache to think. So I gave up to think about that too. 

 

Also all my words were constructive O.o If you want to see staff spend some time for teams, they must have a reason for that. But even they don't care about teams. They are like "teams can stay as they are now, chatbox, looks no problem for our income and peace for player" thats their attitude. And will not change unless someone think a creative way to use team groups.

 

Spoiler

You were also the only one who most toxic with spamming with "join our team" at previous suggestion thread lmao. funny.

 

Edited by FinnTheMember

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, FinnTheMember said:

If you players, people of pokemmo, wanna see teams as an important thing in this game, You must give teams a reason to live. Why there are teams? Staff members thought an answer for this question for a long time. But couldn't create a practical and logical solution. Except TT which is even staff forgot to host 1-2 times at past (lol), teams have no reason to stay alive except being used as chatbox with friends.

You forgot to mention the main point of team now: avoiding staff tyranny moderation with a worse version of chat that you have to keep on grinding to have fresh and active meat in there. It's a mmo so you have to grind for everything...

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Bearminator said:

Probably should've said more in first post- i meant working on another staff member moderating clubs, not change to clubs itself. Since i told akshit we are aware it needs someone more, i found it needed to say it here too after reading that we ignored that.

 

 

Oh my bad on the misinterpretation too then. So the club section as its own section is going to be worked on? Tbh even getting rid of all the wastes of space would be good enough :3

Share this post


Link to post

Am I the only person who thinks adding 1 more mod won't really do anything? It'll never be as popular as round table

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, awkways said:

Am I the only person who thinks adding 1 more mod won't really do anything? It'll never be as popular as round table

Idk if my opinion matters, but I pretty much agree with all the points in akshit's post. As long as Clubs is maintained, whether it's a good time or not is up to the players and teams. But we'll have faster approval for clubs and dead clubs disappearing. It'll probably never be as fun as Round Table probably was. But it'll be nicer

Share this post


Link to post

Again, i've said this about another mod being made to make it clear that we dont want players to wait for their clubs being accepted, like Akshit had to during last week due to small inactivity of mod.

 

That wasnt comment about how this will change clubs popularity. 

Share this post


Link to post

How about giving us the round table back, and severely punishing users who wouldn't respect the rules by either posting illegal contents, insults, etc. I'm sure people will then think twice before infringing the rules, therefore the moderation will not seem like a heavy daily task. For real, Clubs killed the fun, and setting a moderator who's job is just to confirm joining clubs won't solve the problem and we all know it, please give it a thought.

Clubs are invisible and that's the last thing people check on the forums, i haven't checked them for months tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Bearminator said:

Again, i've said this about another mod being made to make it clear that we dont want players to wait for their clubs being accepted, like Akshit had to during last week due to small inactivity of mod.

 

That wasnt comment about how this will change clubs popularity. 

I only used my situation as an example, this thread in whole isn't about that issue either. (Big thanks btw to @Jerryzoo who finally made mi club today)

 

Though as for 'small inactivity of mod'

Got clubs with 0 activity for 6 months + existing too, whereas there has been a time, as @Gilan mentioned, when clubs got purged immediately, as per law, like Aw's for example.

So what is the point Rule #9 ? Current implementation of it is unfair to all the clubs who got deleted in the past due to the time factor.

 

And if leniency is being shown for whatever reason:

Maybe remove / change the rules that you cannot enforce. Cause I really don't think this 6 month+ ignoring the law should be just shrugged off as 'small inactivity of mod'.

Just look at this club for example:



G4LjQUk.png

And now look at Rule #9 again:

csECGfY.png

 

And now, idk, laugh ?

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/18/2019 at 6:07 AM, Akshit said:

 

kPgJ3ex.png

I applied for a club more than a week ago, and it's not there. I love Jerry, but he is only human, he gets busy irl ...  so seriously, just one guy ?

I was away for a few weeks, I am here accepting Club application now, feel free to send me a message. If I have for some reason haven't gotten back to you please send me another message.

@Akshit I will be handling those inactive clubs I like to give people time to respond if they team is still around, but I should be more strict on it. (I'll speak with the others about rule 9),

thanks for bringing attention where need be.

 

Any further questions regarding clubs please send me a message, I'll be more than willing to answer.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jerryzoo said:

I was away for a few weeks, I am here accepting Club application now, feel free to send me a message. If I have for some reason haven't gotten back to you please send me another message.

@Akshit I will be handling those inactive clubs I like to give people time to respond if they team is still around, but I should be more strict on it. (I'll speak with the others about rule 9),

thanks for bringing attention where need be.

 

Any further questions regarding clubs please send me a message, I'll be more than willing to answer.

wb Jerry I missed you

Share this post


Link to post

As someone who moderated Round Table during the Hotarubi, shadowgary and jovi highlight days: Bring back Round Table.

Moderating Round Table was actually fun, sure it can become hectic during a team-drama, but generally it's just a bunch of banter.

It does require a moderator who's close to the community, only those can filter banter from offensiveness, and a moderator who isn't close to the community will quickly overmoderate it and cause annoyance.

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

It does require a moderator who's close to the community, only those can filter banter from offensiveness, and a moderator who isn't close to the community will quickly overmoderate it and cause annoyance.

I'm up for the job

 

@Kyu hire me fam

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.