Clubs Section Vs The Round Table

So I too have moderated clubs, perhaps my input is worthwhile reading.

So to my understanding, clubs were brought in to reduce moderation(or was one of the reasons?). The Round Table was moderated quite often, but to be honest, this is simply because they were one of the only places in this forums which was actually active. Remember, we didn't even have multimedia back then. The thing is, clubs require much much more moderation.

The Round Table:

-The Round table was simple. You see the team threads all in a row, all in one place, you check the bolded ones. Easy.

Clubs:

-Well, the amount of work going into creating them is not to be underestimated. It's not as simple as one person creating a thread in a few seconds, it's much much more. Without giving exact details, you need to wait on other staff members, it's drawn out and tedious.

-Following the above, you also need to spend a fair amount of time pruning dead clubs. This involves getting in touch with club owners then waiting for a reply before you get others to prune. More drawn out and tedious work.

- Players can moderate their own threads... That means club moderators do less work, right? Wrong. It doesn't matter, because no matter what, actual staff moderators need to check unread threads regardless, this is so time consuming because of the amount of clicks you need to do just to read through all the clubs and their sub threads.

TL/DR: Clubs are more obscure, more clunky and require a lot more staff moderation than the round table.

Edited by KaynineXL
2 hours ago, Tyrone said:

As someone who moderated Round Table during the Hotarubi, shadowgary and jovi highlight days: Bring back Round Table.

Moderating Round Table was actually fun, sure it can become hectic during a team-drama, but generally it's just a bunch of banter.

It does require a moderator who's close to the community, only those can filter banter from offensiveness, and a moderator who isn't close to the community will quickly overmoderate it and cause annoyance.

4ed94b95a9bcacdc324355f3ff472716.png

I always wanted one from Noad too...

19 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

TL/DR: Clubs are more obscure, more clunky and require a lot more staff moderation than the round table.

I disagree. Because no one uses clubs it takes less effort to moderate :^)

And creation/deletion of clubs is only tedious if a certain someone is on vacation.

20 hours ago, Gilan said:

I disagree. Because no one uses clubs it takes less effort to moderate :^)

And creation/deletion of clubs is only tedious if a certain someone is on vacation.

From my experience, they were fairly new at the time so they were somewhat used, not to the extent of the round table though.

If clubs are used the same amount the round table was, you'd have to spend far more time moderating clubs.

The main reason why I liked Round Table era over Clubs was that anyone from any team could comment on someone's team thread without having to join the team or whatever so basically team thread was also communication with other people outside of their team. I don't see a lot of this in Clubs environment, only players within their team comment in it and often for inner communication within the team something like Discord is used rather. I like the idea of Clubs in the way that admins are able to moderate things and as a system it seems okay but I guess the fact Clubs are kind of "closed" has reduced the forum activity.

21 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

The main reason why I liked Round Table era over Clubs was that anyone from any team could comment on someone's team thread without having to join the team or whatever so basically team thread was also communication with other people outside of their team. I don't see a lot of this in Clubs environment, only players within their team comment in it and often for inner communication within the team something like Discord is used rather. I like the idea of Clubs in the way that admins are able to moderate things and as a system it seems okay but I guess the fact Clubs are kind of "closed" has reduced the forum activity.

Unfortunately, a reduction in forum activity is exactly what the devs and mods wanted. So, to them, clubs have been a massive success. What has it cost them, a bunch of veteran players who were trailing off the game anyway, and didn’t donate? Win-win

There will be no revamping of clubs/round table because it has absolutely no impact on the bottom line