System Announcement For Catch Events

FinnTheMember

Question

25 answers to this question

Just now, FinnTheMember said:

What if I have no discord? Game itself must be enough for players. Even this forum guides can be transfered to in game guides...

well.. download discord.. xD

to be fair they post the events here on the forum, if you really don't want to miss it then put it in your own personal calender.

they also start announcing it every +-15 minutes 1 hour prior to the event in the global chat.. unnecessary to add if you ask me

5 hours ago, FinnTheMember said:

What if I have no discord? Game itself must be enough for players. Even this forum guides can be transfered to in game guides...

Its your fault for not using one of the platforms they provide you to keep in touch with event and the community, you cant really use that excuse.

1 hour ago, SoloReprise said:

I think this is a good suggestion! Tournaments are announced, and that's a nice touch. I'd love to see this implemented!

They are on global, not as system announcements but as mods sending messages in as many different colors as they can think of lol

7 hours ago, FinnTheMember said:

Who sent these noobs -.- It's unlogical to play a game with checking various other side-app-link-sites

Uh discord is an app pretty much anyone who plays any online game has, it's the platform designed for that. Every game/online server has a discord server, and it only makes things more convenient. I'm not online 24/7 but a Discord notification lets me know about events

That being said, system announcements would be nice but given the fact that global is constantly reminded about events  15 minutes before them by staff messages in random bright colors, it would also be redundant af

1 minute ago, Dibz said:

They are on global, not as system announcements but as mods sending messages in as many different colors as they can think of lol

Uh discord is an app pretty much anyone who plays any online game has, it's the platform designed for that. Every game/online server has a discord server, and it only makes things more convenient. I'm not online 24/7 but a Discord notification lets me know about events 

That being said, system announcements would be nice but given the fact that global is constantly reminded about events  15 minutes before them by staff messages in random bright colors, it would also be redundant af

They're not? I thought they were. Never participated in one, tho, I'm too bat at compt by now. But I think I've seen some system announcements regarding tournaments...

1 minute ago, SoloReprise said:

They're not? I thought they were. Never participated in one, tho, I'm too bat at compt by now. But I think I've seen some system announcements regarding tournaments...

They're automatically announced for tournaments. I'm saying for catching events and the like. They could be programmed in to announce them but I'm saying it'd be redundant considering the staff-spam that happens on global 15 minutes prior in hella bright colors. So I don't see the necessity for this 

Just now, Dibz said:

They're automatically announced for tournaments. I'm saying for catching events and the like. They could be programmed in to announce them but I'm saying it'd be redundant considering the staff-spam that happens on global 15 minutes prior in hella bright colors. So I don't see the necessity for this 

I don't think is "necessary", but I really think it's a better solution. There are people who doesn't have global chat opened all the time, or they can forget about it. If you play in Android, looking at the chat can be a pain in the ass. With this, knowing that there are catching events would be easier.

It may look redundant, but I don't see it that way.

7 hours ago, FinnTheMember said:

Who sent these noobs -.- It's unlogical to play a game with checking various other side-app-link-sites. You guys are the one who creates excuses lol. 

It is optional to use discord to get notified, but as said before it gets announced in the world chat as well.

9 minutes ago, SoloReprise said:

I don't think is "necessary", but I really think it's a better solution. There are people who doesn't have global chat opened all the time, or they can forget about it. If you play in Android, looking at the chat can be a pain in the ass. With this, knowing that there are catching events would be easier.

Point taken. Upvoting suggestion. Ty for not being as toxic as OP and legitimately discussing things

Edited by Dibz
6 hours ago, SoloReprise said:

It is redundant, and not really necessary nor can it really achieve much considering people just afk through, and also considering they provide you so many ways to know what events might happen during the day. Its your fault if you decide to use or not, the tools they bring you. Now you could argue is, they could rework the way they announce, even maybe provide us with an 'header' on the forum main page with the events of the day, or even provide a ingame calendar like we have for tournaments, that could help clueless kids like our OP.

13 hours ago, FinnTheMember said:

Who sent these noobs -.- It's unlogical to play a game with checking various other side-app-link-sites. You guys are the one who creates excuses lol. 

You probably never played an mmo before then, im sorry that you are clueless of what you speak about. Almost every MMO that has a name to himself requires you to use 3rd parties in order to optimize your builds, your gameplay, to time stuff, etc, and no they wont ever even consider to provide you those tools ingame.

19 hours ago, razimove said:

It is redundant, and not really necessary nor can it really achieve much considering people just afk through, and also considering they provide you so many ways to know what events might happen during the day. Its your fault if you decide to use or not, the tools they bring you. Now you could argue is, they could rework the way they announce, even maybe provide us with an 'header' on the forum main page with the events of the day, or even provide a ingame calendar like we have for tournaments, that could help clueless kids like our OP

Sorry, but I can't buy that they're redundant. They don't have a direct correlation. Lots of users don't use global chat or the forums, or use the Android app, and is easier to make a way to let them know what is happening that is not that difficult to implement than asking on an imperative way to use the classic modes of getting information.

I'd buy the in-game calendar as an alternative to this suggestion, tho!

On 6/13/2019 at 10:02 AM, FinnTheMember said:

As the title says, It would be nice to see an announcement for official catch events instead of need to check forums.

#ForumFreeGame

There is also announcement about catching events using our announce-thing, made before events (usually starting around 1 hour- 30 minutes before.

That's not me saying "thats not going to be implemented/its not needed cause we have xyz", rather pointing out to look for announcements in game too.

I advise to get on PokeMMO discord too, tho, it's really easy to keep track on events here.

@Dibz why did you have to go and do that xDDD 

As for the suggestion, totally not necessary. There is enough means of knowing when and what events are taking place and quite frankly if you  were in a relevant team yourself which I doubt you are, I am certain you'd get notified regularly. Thanks though.

Edited by Bearminator
Removing removed content without touching discussion- Bear
19 hours ago, Bearminator said:

There is also announcement about catching events using our announce-thing, made before events (usually starting around 1 hour- 30 minutes before.

That's not me saying "thats not going to be implemented/its not needed cause we have xyz", rather pointing out to look for announcements in game too.

I advise to get on PokeMMO discord too, tho, it's really easy to keep track on events here.

Yeah, I could've sworn that I've seen announcements in-game saying "please join x event with x staff in 15 minutes" so this is already a thing. This has been a fun thread tho.

1 hour ago, FinnTheMember said:

You dibshit must stop your dipshitery.

^Comment of the year right here ladies and gentleman. Don't be offended if your threads don't get taken seriously if you speak like this.

Okay, so you're arguing about who's more toxic, if op, Team Lava or whatever who came here to talk. Maybe you should do a new topic, cos there's a nice proposal here and it's being forgotten.

Now, translating and resuming the proposals and the debates around your flood, I'd say there are this topics around the table:

1. As @Bearminator stated, we've got announcements about catching events using the announce system of the game. I've never saw them, but maybe they're there and I was just not looking well. If this pointed here is a fact, then the suggestion should be closed as the announcements already exist.
  2. Some users have pointed out that besides forums, we can see events announced at Discord. So maybe those who don't have discord should do it.
  3. There's something that sprouted on this topic that could be a good alternative suggestion. Maybe a new topic should be done to what @razimove proposed: An online calendar as the one we have at Google Calendars where people would be able to see all the events of the week/month.
9 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

Yeah please read previous comments before adding another worthless comment.

Maybe you did't read my post. They do it as a system announcement, aka on the same "channel" that the comp ones are - so yes, you're suggestion is needless as it is already in play 90% of the time. They're just not regularly scheduled aka it's up to the staff hosting to post them over system announcements, they don't get auto-spammed like you see for CC's. That's what bear is saying, sorry you couldn't understand it.

9 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

lmao and I'm here trying to talk you seriously coz you like serious.

Doesn't really seem like it tbh.

Edited by awkways
Grammar
7 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

You are the only good guy here. Others just joined for more fun chaos. I appreciate your honest opinions. But you must not try to solve situation as u wish whenever you want. You did already what you needed to do. Let moderators to handle them.

I'm not tho. Just making an esquematic way to center the topic of this thing as I think that some interesting things showed up. I know I have no power. Sorry if it seemed that way!

Also, maybe I'm too old to enter on a forum-slight-trade.

Also (2), I'm with them in this, sorry. You're not really open to criticism and you were the first one on changing subjects.

Edited by SoloReprise

Taking now the topic, they already make an announcement with sistem message, I play in the cellphone and is not hard to see the mesaage, I think is innecesary, not bad suggestion at all but innecesary, good luck in your day.

Everyone claiming that official discord #events-announcement announces PvE events:

It doesn't always do that. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. And not everyone uses official discord.

And the argument that 'OMG you obsolute tin can, you should use discord' doesn't exactly justify anything since neither those announcement always happen, nor it is an ideal solution for a person who wants to play the game, not download or always keep another app turned on just to get notification about the game's event.

People claiming that in-game announcement is indeed made through system announcement:

Again, not always true. And given how much random drama and spam goes through Global, it is turned off by many players, so claiming that just because it got announced in Global is good enough, it's not.

Also people claiming that OP got triggered without reason:

There is a reason,

People initially told him to download discord and called him a fool for not having one (which he actually does have btw, just not on official discord)... claiming all events are announced there when they actually aren't always.

So, Instead of giving more though to the actual suggestion, everyone just jumped the wagon of 'lol download discord' and 'OP is taking offence cause we calling him shit for not supporting discord' as if that has anything to do with this. Sure, shit-talking bunch of other players is not cool either, but both sides are kinda guilty here.

tl;dr not everyone uses official discord, nor they should, it doesn't always announce events either. Not everyone has Global turned on, nor they should.

PvP event already get announced 15 minutes ago, makes perfect sense if catch events did too (and not sometimes, all the times).

This is a great suggestion. Totally up for it.