Exempt Team Chat & Whispers from Mute

Akshit

Question

Basically what the title says.

Staff for some reason does not issue you a warning before muting you for whatever reason that to them was offensive / wrong, and is hardly willing to accept positive criticism or have an open debate about it most of the time.... You might suddenly be muted with no previous contact from any staff member (neither publicly nor privately) and the reason for your mute might be just 2 words 'inappropriate conduct'. The communication gap between the 'volunteers' and the actual community for whom they volunteered to help in the game is the biggest I've seen in my years of playing this game.

Since the mutocalypse is here and talking about legit anything which might offend a staff member or deem wrong to him / her irrespective of it being in the rules or not can lead to a mute (or even ban at times), I think it is only fair that a player be allowed to chill with team and with friends via in-game chat. Unless you really want to keep driving players away to use discord and other means.

The rules of acting 'appropriately' do not apply to whisper and team chat, it would be great if those could be exempt since a mute is issued against how one behaved publicly, not privately.

Therefore, keep the mute active in Global, Trade, Channel, etc but let the person still have talk with his teammates and friends.

1 answer to this question

23 minutes ago, Akshit said:

Staff for some reason does not issue you a warning before muting you for whatever reason that to them was offensive / wrong, and is hardly willing to accept positive criticism or have an open debate about it most of the time.... 

Since the mutocalypse is here and talking about legit anything which might offend a staff member or deem wrong to him / her irrespective of it being in the rules or not can lead to a mute (or even ban at times), I think it is only fair that a player be allowed to chill with team and with friends via in-game chat. Unless you really want to keep driving players away to use discord and other means.

The rules of acting 'appropriately' do not apply to whisper and team chat, it would be great if those could be exempt since a mute is issued against how one behaved publicly, not privately.

Therefore, keep the mute active in Global, Trade, Channel, etc but let the person still have talk with his teammates and friends.

No. Mute is a punishment for ignoring the initial warning of staff members or continuing to do so after either warnings or first mutes that player received. We are reachable all the times via forum or discord, so the player can contact us to see if the topic is appropriate for chats. 

Having mute reach only to /global /channel etc defeats the purpose- nothing would stop a person from going to global, break rules, then safely go to team chat and "enjoy time with friends". That would defeat the purpose of punishment.

We do reach out to players when they are behaving against our rules, and we do explain what was wrong. If they chose to ignore those warnings, and if they continue behaviour they must face consequences.If someone wants to avoid getting himself into a situation like that, he/she can message us and ask about the topic.

I'm closing this suggestion, as we will not change this.