Just found eevee in the emerald version?

51 minutes ago, AwptownFunk said:

oh cool, which others do this besides eevee and the starters

Check your pokedex if you've seen a Pokemon before, or buy the cheapest one off the GTL, or just ask a friend in game. PokeMMO has its own locations and rarities for Pokemon, quite unlike vanilla games. There's a slightly out of date guide for it but your pokedex should tell you everything you need.

19 hours ago, Dibz said:

Check your pokedex if you've seen a Pokemon before, or buy the cheapest one off the GTL, or just ask a friend in game. PokeMMO has its own locations and rarities for Pokemon, quite unlike vanilla games. There's a slightly out of date guide for it but your pokedex should tell you everything you need.

Just search them in GTL and look at their catch locations would be smarter. But dex will show you catch location before you've ever owned one - you don't need to have it owned or even have seen that species to see the spawn locations.

40 minutes ago, awkways said:

Just search them in GTL and look at their catch locations would be smarter. But dex will show you catch location before you've ever owned one - you don't need to have it owned or even have seen that species to see the spawn locations.

You need to have seen it, but not caught it. If you haven't even seen/met the pokemon you just get ??? in place of the location.

26 minutes ago, Stickbow0 said:

You need to have seen it, but not caught it. If you haven't even seen/met the pokemon you just get ??? in place of the location.

Mmmm yea actually you're right about that. Sorry, I did some research before my post and there's very few pokemon I haven't seen in-game yet, so I checked 5 or so and they all appeared like this to me:

Spoiler

5OF1iZL.png

To me that implies that even if I hadn't seen it, it would still have the game data. Thankfully, there actually is a few pokemon which are in the game which I somehow have never actually encountered, and they appear like this:

Spoiler

0nsRA5I.png

So yeah, you're right, you need to have seen them to know where to find them in game. Or you could:

1 hour ago, awkways said:

Just search them in GTL and look at their catch locations

Edited by awkways
12 hours ago, awkways said:

Mmmm yea actually you're right about that. Sorry, I did some research before my post and there's very few pokemon I haven't seen in-game yet, so I checked 5 or so and they all appeared like this to me:

Reveal hidden contents

5OF1iZL.png

That's because those ones aren't found wild (Bayleef for example) you have to check like Rattata for example. But yeah GTL is the best way to go :)