Search GTL by OT

hannahtaylor

Question

I feel it would be useful to be able to search the GTL by OT. If a friend tells you about a nice pokemon on there, rather than inputting the IVs and nature etc in, you can simply type in the OT and up comes everything that person is selling.

Spoiler

Plus I also want to be nosy and see if any of my own pokemon are on there

8 answers to this question

On 6/10/2019 at 3:31 AM, hannahtaylor said:

I feel it would be useful to be able to search the GTL by OT. If a friend tells you about a nice pokemon on there, rather than inputting the IVs and nature etc in, you can simply type in the OT and up comes everything that person is selling.

Hide contents

Plus I also want to be nosy and see if any of my own pokemon are on there

This idea sounds good. There are some people out there that collect OTs of prominent players, so it can make it much easier to accomplish that goal.

On 6/11/2019 at 12:12 PM, Bestfriends said:

This idea sounds good. There are some people out there that collect OTs of prominent players, so it can make it much easier to accomplish that goal.

Yeh would boost my market a bit. 

Jk

First of all, this suggestion is not necessary nor important.

Checking our OT? Yes, I'm sure everyone has a little curiosity about this. Mostly breeders and comp sellers. So upvote.

Buying certain someone's OT pokes? xD Okay. 

But is there any disadvantage? I would like to see if anyone brain storm about this.

-People can see what kind of breeders I sell. Hmm they can know where I grind? Okay this one looks not important, I guess. Whatever If anyone finds a plot hole, please share it.

I'll upvote, cuz Hannah.

I really don't like this... Okay, I'll have no problem if it gets implemented, but I think it's a little bit against the spirit of the GTL, where u check and u just buy the cheapest poke/object that you're looking for. Maybe I'm seeing wrong and it would still happening as now, and this is something that big-breeders wants to sell their "quality-products" in a fast way. If it's the second thing, let me now and well, sure, I'll upvote this.

27 minutes ago, SoloReprise said:

I really don't like this... Okay, I'll have no problem if it gets implemented, but I think it's a little bit against the spirit of the GTL, where u check and u just buy the cheapest poke/object that you're looking for. Maybe I'm seeing wrong and it would still happening as now, and this is something that big-breeders wants to sell their "quality-products" in a fast way. If it's the second thing, let me now and well, sure, I'll upvote this.

uhm? How would this prevent you from buying the cheapest? Personally I sometime buy old OT pokemon comps of mine just because I enjoy seeing them back on the market, sometimes they are even ridiculously overpriced. 

On 6/19/2019 at 4:09 AM, SoloReprise said:

I mean it's completely optional and it's just nice, kind of like if someone wanted to see if their own or any other specific OT was on the market. Like I'd buy Pokemon bred/caught by certain prominent/dead players and this would make that possible. It wouldn't harm the current system of searching things and buying the cheapest option, it'd just add a search option that myself and a lot of players would love to see, especially those who are active in the community or have been playing for a while.