Update Out-of-Date Overworld Sprites

HughShaqman

Question

Hello!

As someone who is bothered by small differences in style, I recommend switching out the many out of style (in Hoenn's case) and the many mismatched (in Kanto's case) overworld sprites with sprites more along the lines of the Diamond and Pearl style, along with sprites more aligned with the trainer sprites. Understandably it's a lot of work, but I'd be more than happy to help out. I did up a handful of the worst offenders. Some are mere edits, and a good few are complete redos.

https://imgur.com/a/8IvOykc

6 answers to this question

It does for some characters, but some don't have sprites available in the style like Lorelei or Agatha, or basically any Hoenn character that isn't Steven. The Kanto Gym Leaders are also shown wearing their HGSS outfits in the overworld but wear their FRLG outfits in battle, so I figured this would keep things a bit more consistent.

Needless to worry about kanto now. we await the future update of johto because it will also include kanto. (although I believe it will be implemented in 2021-2023). 

But your worries about hoenn sprites are right, the proposal is good but there is a problem: better not to load the developers who are currently immersed in the development of platinum.

All this becomes possible if the developers one day want to make us participants in the development of the game in all its forms (sprite, map and script)

Edited by druido890
On 6/5/2019 at 7:17 AM, druido890 said:

All this becomes possible if the developers one day want to make us participants in the development of the game in all its forms (sprite, map and script)

you didn't realize that games like this we are developer guinea pigs of there future development?