[MOD] Let's Go PokeMMO (Kanto Sound Mod)

Hey guys! This is just a fairly straightforward Kanto music replacer mod, which replaces the music from the Kanto section of the game with music from Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, with a couple HGSS tracks thrown in for the Sevii islands. Almost no editing has been done to these tracks, so there's no clean looping or whatever. All that I've done is cut off the intro for one version of the rival's theme, pitch shifted a copy of the wild encounter music for hoards as well as a copy of the Pokémon Center theme for the One Island's Pokémon Center, and made sure everything is at a roughly consistent volume.

The file clocks in at about 255MB, and can be found here EDIT 7/18/21 - Files have been changed to .OGG format for better stability, mod should also now work on Android!

Special thanks to the user Eggplant, whose very helpful guide allowed me to throw this together with relative ease. 

Edited by Odelta
Updated link, added a couple of new tracks

this mod is really beautiful! manages to give a touch of novelty even to the now obsolete kanto, thanks :) .

I ask you to view some bugs that appear randomly crashing the game, please.

In addition I ask you if it is possible, in the future, to also incorporate the music of Omega ruby / Alpha Shappire, thanks again!

6 hours ago, druido890 said:

this mod is really beautiful! manages to give a touch of novelty even to the now obsolete kanto, thanks :) .

I ask you to view some bugs that appear randomly crashing the game, please.

In addition I ask you if it is possible, in the future, to also incorporate the music of Omega ruby / Alpha Shappire, thanks again!

Thank you! Unfortunately, while I'm aware of the crashing issue, I have no idea what's causing it, nor how to fix it. If anyone else knows, I'd absolutely go about fixing it, but I think it may well be an issue with music mods as a whole.

As for ORAS music, while I COULD compile such a thing, it would be redundant when Eggplant has already made it, here. This, indeed, was what inspired me to make this mod, as it also has a Kanto replacer pack with HGSS music in it

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 11:53 AM, Odelta said:

Thank you! Unfortunately, while I'm aware of the crashing issue, I have no idea what's causing it, nor how to fix it. If anyone else knows, I'd absolutely go about fixing it, but I think it may well be an issue with music mods as a whole.

As for ORAS music, while I COULD compile such a thing, it would be redundant when Eggplant has already made it, here. This, indeed, was what inspired me to make this mod, as it also has a Kanto replacer pack with HGSS music in it

So, i've been testing this quite a lot, and also, comparing it with other working / functional music mods that dont have this issue of crashing or music freaking out. It seems like, you gotta convert the mp3 files to ogg (i dont know about any other format, i just tested on this one), and it solves the problem basically, or at least it did for me.

I dont know if its a problem with mp3 format, but there you go, hope it helps

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I couldn't listen to the music either but somehow I managed to fix it.

What I did was converting the audio files from mp3 to ogg. Just uncompress the mod, use an audio converter like fre:ac, convert all mp3 files under sounds/0/ to ogg and compress it again. Make sure the filename is exactly the same, otherwise the game won't find it. After doing this it worked like a charm. Maybe OP can update the mod and release a new version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 3:40 AM, Zepheon said:

I couldn't listen to the music either but somehow I managed to fix it.

What I did was converting the audio files from mp3 to ogg. Just uncompress the mod, use an audio converter like fre:ac, convert all mp3 files under sounds/0/ to ogg and compress it again. Make sure the filename is exactly the same, otherwise the game won't find it. After doing this it worked like a charm. Maybe OP can update the mod and release a new version.

nice i will try it

• 1 year later...

I'm coming back to PokeMMO which means I'm cleaning up my old mods - version 1.3 is now live, featuring the audio tracks now changed to .OGG format for better stability, and it should be functional on Android now without modification! Enjoy!