Lower the levels of most first time Elite 4 matches

Raichuforyou

Question

As the title says, I've been doing multiple game playthroughs in multiple regions and every single one encounters this awkward spot to where once you are dropped off at the Elite 4 after Victory Road, chances are that your Pokemon are at least ten levels underleveled if you have battled every trainer possible to you up until that point. This just creates an awkward situation for first time Elite 4 matches to where you just have to rebattle trainers or rebattle the Elite 4 as many times as it takes to arbitrarily grind to where that ten level lead on your Pokemon turns into a 3-5 level lead and then you may proceed.

My suggestion is to lower the levels of pretty much every first time Elite 4 match in every region by about 3-5 levels, including the champion. Especially considering that a player does not have the best grinding resources before these battles.

5 answers to this question

In my opinion, with the auto heal after every battle, they are easy asf. Know a bunch of new players who when faced with too much grind just bought a Dragonite or some shit from GTL at max level capacity (everyone has that much dough by E4) and just swept through em all.

6 hours ago, razimove said:

Im legit amazed, considering how old your forum account is, thwt you didnt beat such eady story lines.

I have the regions beat 3 times on 3 accounts. I'm not saying it isn't something extraordinarily hard or anything, it's just that for the EXP that the game has presented to you at that point, it just creates an arbitrary grindfest for you before the end where the player usually does not have these resources to do so. I'm not even one of these people that needs their party to be overleveled or be advantageous in levels versus the Elite 4. It's just that being dropped off to where the Elite 4 is a full ten levels more than you is a bit silly.

You could use victory road hordes to level them, that's what I did the first time I played story: used garbodor hordes for my physical attackers and heatmor hordes for my special attackers. You could just use the hordes at the very top of the cave to level your Pokemon fairly fast with an exp share.

I think the pre-E4 level grind is super easy and fast compared to the mid-story grind tbh, much easier to reach the level cap in this case.