Random (Shiny) Egg

CandeLa

Question

Hola. Mi inglés es nivel basura, así que me veo obligada a hacer esto en español. Confío en que algún moderador de los foros sepa el idioma y me entienda jaja.

Se me ocurrió que en la tienda de regalos podrían agregar un "Random Shiny Egg", el cual esté a la venta por 3.000 rp. Las características de este huevo serían:

-Del huevo sale un pokémon aleatorio shiny 100%

-Se le puede elegir la naturaleza y un iv en 31 cuando este nace (el resto en 25)

-Que sea tradeable, pero no usable como breeder

Otra alternativa sería un huevo aleatorio, pero normal. Con las mismas condiciones que el huevo shiny, pero siendo solo 1/32000 (creo que actualmente es esa) la posibilidad de que salga shiny.

Con esto se solucionaría parcialmente el problema de algunas personas que coleccionan shinies. O eso pienso yo. No se si es una buena idea, pero ya lo veré en los comentarios jajaja

Muchas gracias! <3

Hi. My english is on a garbage level, so i'm forced to type this in spanish. I trust some moderator will know my language and understand me jaja.

It's occurred to me that they could add a "Random Shiny Egg" to the gift shop, which would be sold for 3.000 rp. Their characteristics would be:

-From the egg, a random shiny will hatch 100% of the time.

-You can choose its nature and one 31 IV when it's born (The rest being 25).

-It'll be tradable but not breedable.

Another alternative would be a random normal egg. With the same conditions as mentioned but only having a 1/32000 (I think it's currently) chance to turn out shiny.

With this, the issue with some shiny collectors will be solved. Or so i think. I don't know if it's a good idea but I'll check the comments out jajaja

Thanks a lot! <3

19 answers to this question

I made a thread similiar to this but instead you obtain a shiny charm upon completing the ot dex or something in that line, but yeh the idea of being able to buy a random shiny egg defeats the purpose of shiny hunters. It would basically render hunting undesireable since shinies won't be special anymore and anyone can obtain a shiny OT at their convenience.

Prob worst idea i've ever seen but.... if it cost 10k rp or something hahahaha will be funny af to see how ppl lose money to get shiny tentacool xddd, anyway that makes every shiny hunter worthless

Im not upvoting this.

People will get OT shinies just paying,i think thats not fair for those who spend lot of hours hunting for something @jonulo @GodofKawaii for example

On 5/30/2019 at 1:50 PM, ImFunk said:

The shiny rate is as low as it is because they want them to be rare, using real money to obtain a shiny would not help that. Also, we want to stay as far away as possible from being a p2w game and this doesn't help that either. 

it wont be a p2w since shinys dont make you win anything

19 minutes ago, Returned said:

it wont be a p2w since shinys dont make you win anything

No but they are something people hunt for with great difficulty and perseverance. You shouldn't be able to just buy an OT shiny, that's literally taking all the value out of the hard work all the people who've hunted shinies put into obtaining their shinies. Paying to get random OT shinies with good stats means you don't have to win any official events for them nor do you have to work hard for one.

23 hours ago, Dibz said:

No but they are something people hunt for with great difficulty and perseverance. You shouldn't be able to just buy an OT shiny, that's literally taking all the value out of the hard work all the people who've hunted shinies put into obtaining their shinies. Paying to get random OT shinies with good stats means you don't have to win any official events for them nor do you have to work hard for one.

Nah its like LoL or Fornite you pay for cosmetics that dont add any advantage or you can win those cosmetics "working hard" but this dont change the main metagame, some tournaments prizes are very poor and still ppl want to fight for the prestige of winning

3 hours ago, Returned said:

Nah its like LoL or Fornite you pay for cosmetics that dont add any advantage or you can win those cosmetics "working hard" but this dont change the main metagame, some tournaments prizes are very poor and still ppl want to fight for the prestige of winning

Cosmetics don't have a 1/30k chance of appearing in the wild. What's to stop me from buying a hundred eggs and pretending I hunted them all? It spits on everyone else's efforts in shiny hunting when they worked so hard for a shiny when I just bought one.

8 hours ago, Dibz said:

Cosmetics don't have a 1/30k chance of appearing in the wild. What's to stop me from buying a hundred eggs and pretending I hunted them all? It spits on everyone else's efforts in shiny hunting when they worked so hard for a shiny when I just bought one.

Your lack of cash, haha if you buy hundred of eggs for RP the game will have more money for develop new things so i dont see this as a problem this is not CatchAShinyMMO.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:59 AM, Returned said:

this is not CatchAShinyMMO.

Then what is it? Shiny hunting is one of the only post game activities we have here, besides comp. Taking that away by reducing the value of shinies wouldn't make the game better at all.

When looking at suggestions you can't just say "this would be cool lol" you have to consider the positives/negatives of every idea, and this would have a lot more of a negative impact than positive. 

The discussions in the suggestion box are supposed to be for discussing pros, cons and improvements to every idea, I don't see why you're getting as defensive as you would if people were trying to make fun of you... If literally everyone's saying it's a bad idea and why it is, instead of being dismissive, try and see if there's a reason everyone's saying that? We're not calling you or your ideas dumb, just that this particular suggestion is a bad one. No one's arguing to "win" an argument, that accomplishes nothing. Arguments are to learn and establish an understanding.

On 6/6/2019 at 2:19 PM, razimove said:

are you legit trying to compare a limited supply item, to a unlimited supply item? What sort of dumb argument is that even.

The "dumb" argument is if i buy a lot of limited items with real money and sell it when its not avalible i make more money than any of you shiny hunting, breeding or wining tournament so the "argument":

On 6/3/2019 at 2:18 PM, razimove said:

this isn't a pay to obtain mmo either. You don't like it? Quit. Bye.

its not valiid. hope you can understand when im trying to say maybe i say it wrong but if u use your logical thinking u will see my point.

2r94l0.jpg

Hope you have a good life cya!

1 hour ago, Returned said:

The "dumb" argument is if i buy a lot of limited items with real money and sell it when its not avalible i make more money than any of you shiny hunting, breeding or wining tournament so the "argument":

are you sure about that?  you can just buy the limited items for cheap when they release with pokeyen untill they expire

Edited by GodofKawaii
9 hours ago, Returned said:

its not valiid. hope you can understand when im trying to say maybe i say it wrong but if u use your logical thinking u will see my point.

2r94l0.jpg

Hope you have a good life cya!

None of that made any sense but limited RP items are super cheap on GTL when they're initially released. And most people don't hunt shinies to sell, most shiny hunters would never sell an OT shiny. Shiny hunting has a lot of hard work put behind it and it's about the shiny itself :) so I hope you understand why every single shiny hunter is against this idea. It takes the value out of a shiny obtained from a hunt entirely, as well as shinies won from tournaments.

So no, terrible idea. I don't get why you don't see it. Anyway, let's all just stop replying to this thread and let it die pls, not like this suggestion will even be considered anyway