PokeMMO Mayoral Re-Elections 2019

1 hour ago, awkways said:

I thought this thread was for ppl to nominate others or themselves for the inevitable re-elections (which god knows who knows when will take place). I don't personally mind BF as mayor, aside from when he claims credit for things he could never do, but we should establish a term length. 1 year in game? 1 year irl? 4 years? a lifetime? 1 week? who knows? As it stands, BF is stuck mayor forever, and that's flat out unacceptable as he was voted into office, others should have the chance to also.

I was waiting for @calidubstep to do the election thread because of this but if she isn't doing it, someone else should do it. I would trust you to do it Awkways.

1 hour ago, Hythalius said:

I was waiting for @calidubstep to do the election thread because of this but if she isn't doing it, someone else should do it. I would trust you to do it Awkways.

Oh, this was the post discussion thread, my bad.

Ok, so I think there should be 3 steps to this:

1. Pre-election discussion thread (this thread) - I still think we need to discuss term length in this thread (partly to discuss how much longer BF has in office before re-elections) but tbh I haven't read the whole thing.

2. Nominee Thread (where potential candidates nominate themselves or others, hopefully in a serious manner kek. BF would automatically become a candidate to run for a 2nd term)

3. The election thread (Where we have an in-forums, or otherwise legitimate site voting)

I first nominate @SirDusty to host/moderate these 2 final threads, because Bestfriends said he shouldn't for no reason at all, and that was an insult which should be proven wrong, however, I do know he is fairly AFK from the game for weeks at a time.. Should he decline, I believe the next go-to guy would be @Dazuzi. He seems to have the time and credentials to at least find a fair voting site if we don't use forums (which I think we should).

Any and all opinions are welcome.

All in all, mostly what any of this is doing is giving the title "Mayor" an indefinite time to rule over the people. I don't think we should have an infinite "Mayor" and I'm certain a fairly large amount of you agree with me.

20 hours ago, razimove said:

Its already more than the current mayor did during his time, you almost got my vote, but how many languages can you speak? Daryl is more suited, he speaks all languages

i speak the language of the people

5 hours ago, Tranzmaster said:

how and why are you still alive

ask myself this daily

miss u bb

• 4 weeks later...