PokeMMO Mayoral Re-Elections 2019

20 minutes ago, razimove said:

Read the title, its self-explanatory

I'm from Germany, my english isn't the best. :)

What is meant with „Mayoral“, what does he do?

Edited by Kenaixx
1 hour ago, Kenaixx said:

Could someone explain me what this topic is for?

Im new here and I don't understand. :o

We have a community appointed mayor in the game. It's a position with no actual power and it's just an honorary title. It started out as a meme and people didn't give a fuck about it. But then 'Bestfriends' was appointed as mayor last year, and he took it seriously, way too seriously, in his own way.

This thread is asking for re-election of the current mayor for not doing jobs that were not his job in the first place, and taking credit for things not achieved by him.

And at the same time this thread is re-discussing the original concept behind the position of a mayor, giving him / her some proper legit pre-defined responsibilities this time & making em accountable for completion of those. But still no actual power be given since that would require staff intervention and no one wants that due to fear of authority abuse (or whatever other reasons). There are also talks of making mayor the official voice between community and staff, since CMs (and higher up staff) aren't enough or considered close with community cause they aren't elected through community, and are appointed directly by pre-existing staff who were selected by the staff existing before them (and so on).

tl;dr this thread leads nowhere, so if you ain't into memes, drama, and writing / reading bunch of words which will serve no actual purpose than just waste time, just move along :3

I think there mayoral is cool for me to be. I think I apply soon for it 

i ban togekiss and conkerldur. 

Both are very oferpowered. I think he ban both if I get mayor I will do this. Vote.  I can not run 6 wall because togekiss flinchers all V_V

Conkeydur just drain punch everything. -.-  

i will also make electrode ou. As he screen very good and I use him every rounds. Which make it so I win. Because I just go max with sweepey and good game. 

(sorry bad English)

Edited by Lvkee
Spells
2 hours ago, Akshit said:

We have a community appointed mayor in the game. It's a position with no actual power and it's just an honorary title. It started out as a meme and people didn't give a fuck about it. But then 'Bestfriends' was appointed as mayor last year, and he took it seriously, way too seriously, in his own way.

This thread is asking for re-election of the current mayor for not doing jobs that were not his job in the first place, and taking credit for things not achieved by him.

And at the same time this thread is re-discussing the original concept behind the position of a mayor, giving him / her some proper legit pre-defined responsibilities this time & making em accountable for completion of those. But still no actual power be given since that would require staff intervention and no one wants that due to fear of authority abuse (or whatever other reasons). There are also talks of making mayor the official voice between community and staff, since CMs (and higher up staff) aren't enough or considered close with community cause they aren't elected through community, and are appointed directly by pre-existing staff who were selected by the staff existing before them (and so on).

tl;dr this thread leads nowhere, so if you ain't into memes, drama, and writing / reading bunch of words which will serve no actual purpose than just waste time, just move along :3

Oh..I thought this was serious lmao xD

But thanks for explaining mate. c:

On 5/30/2019 at 1:50 PM, KaynineXL said:

CMs are what you're describing, hence the name, 'community manager'.

2 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

Wait, you're telling me 'Mayor' wasn't a joke title all along? Why nobody told me? I must have looked like an idiot.

and @Bilburt

We should become CMs again >:)

2 hours ago, Orangeslash said:

my first act as presiding mayor is to bring back Off-Topic, effective immediately

edit: also pictures of you threads

Its already more than the current mayor did during his time, you almost got my vote, but how many languages can you speak? Daryl is more suited, he speaks all languages

Edited by razimove

I thought this thread was for ppl to nominate others or themselves for the inevitable re-elections (which god knows who knows when will take place). I don't personally mind BF as mayor, aside from when he claims credit for things he could never do, but we should establish a term length. 1 year in game? 1 year irl? 4 years? a lifetime? 1 week? who knows? As it stands, BF is stuck mayor forever, and that's flat out unacceptable as he was voted into office, others should have the chance to also.