PokeMMO Mayoral Re-Elections 2019

2 hours ago, Blue said:

The fact that he is always serious means that he will never troll, fool around or make fun of new players asking for help. 

You don't need to be Mayor to help new players that are asking for help without making fun of them. There's already a bunch of player in Global that are helping new players day after day.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

He is a honest and pure hearted person. 

I cannot doubt his honesty but pure hearted? C'mon, everytime he is either bragging about how good he is or how he changed everything around him for the better because of a guide which he cannot prove and looks hilariously false.

He often take credits for other people's doing (a.k.a the Trade Corner services).

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Many years back, when I first saw him posting on forums being all serious and official, me and 99% of the community didn't take him seriously and were almost certain that he is another troll on the forums. In time, everyone realized that this wasn't the case. 

Are we supposed to applaud someone for not being a troll now? And to be honest, I prefer people who troll a bit sometimes than someone who take himself way too seriously and are near narcissus level.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

I don't believe  a person will ever be able to significantly affect this games economy, community etc, be it Mayor or not. 

When did someone but him talked about that? People are not asking him to be by himself a game changer for everyone. This has nothing to do with the subject.

You sound like a politician who just took office a year ago and that say "We were in office for a year and we are deeply sorry that we weren't able to fix everything wrong with the country in this little time". It's nonsense and near an insult to what people are asking.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Almost everyone, me included, would realize that, stop trying and lose interest. But guess what, Bestfriends is not one of those people. He will NEVER stop caring about the community and putting effort to the role of Mayor. 

Good, I am happy to read it. We do need people who care about the community and puts effort into helping everyone. I have nothing bad to say about that.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Personally, I rather have Bestfriends as Mayor instead of some stuffed shirt person with huge ego bragging about it and not doing shit. 

Well, I prefer someone who maybe does a little less but isn't bragging about how much he is a savior like Bestfriends is everytime he talks. He is doing things, but I am tired to see him patting himself on the back for it. If he was pured hearted like you said, he would be a little more selfless in it (never said totally selfless).

2 hours ago, Blue said:

I mean let's be real, who else would go everyday to starting towns giving out hundreds of Meowths and other pokemon to new players. An act that makes playerbase look good and game more enjoyable.

Not many people you are right on that but, is it his role? I mean, is it where we need him? Sorry but everyone can catch a meowth for himself and it's not by giving away free stuff that you help in the long term. I even think it doesn't help in the long run. We need players able to do things themselves and not people who thinks everything will come to them if they just ask politely.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

To sum up, I voted for him before and I sure as hell will do it again.  #BF2020

And you have the right to do so. No one should tell you otherwise. I don't think I will vote for him, unless he changes his way of doing things.

I want to be clear. I do not hate @Bestfriends or anything close. I just doubt how helpful in the long run he is as a Mayor. He is doing what other players can do (players in a mayoral council maybe) when we need a mayor that can be a link to the staff about what the community wants.

48 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

What is the point of another election if we all know that @Bestfriends would win anyway?

I would not predict a win for him that easily. Not saying that he will lose but when we don't know who would be interested in the role, it's a bit too early for saying that imo.

26 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Quick reminder, because it appears some people need it, that the position of mayor started as a joke and evolved into a cool little niche for bf to have while contributing to the community. 

So, because something started as a joke, it cannot become a serious thing for you? You said it yourself, that joked evolve into what bestfriends has so, why don't we make it evolve again as a community into something better? A role that can serve as link between staff and community while still helping the community in other ways (Mayoral events maybe? or other things).

Edit: A mayor is elected to represent a community and it's interest. I don't see how our actual Mayor is covering that part.

Edited by Hythalius
9 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Quick reminder, because it appears some people need it, that the position of mayor started as a joke and evolved into a cool little niche for bf to have while contributing to the community.

Everyone is aware that it started as a joke, but it certainly isn't treated as such. The only thing that came out of this meme is annoying polls used mainly to promote a certain youtube channel and constant attempts at taking credit where it's undue. He can keep on contributing to the community regardless of the title.

22 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

That it's now devolved into "Staff appreciation thread" level of cringeworthiness is not surprising, but still disappointing

I find the way this position is currently treated from the mayor's position far more cringy than any discussion in this thread honestly.

39 minutes ago, Hythalius said:

I would not predict a win for him that easily. Not saying that he will lose but when we don't know who would be interested in the role, it's a bit too early for saying that imo.

So, because something started as a joke, it cannot become a serious thing for you? You said it yourself, that joked evolve into what bestfriends has so, why don't we make it evolve again as a community into something better? A role that can serve as link between staff and community while still helping the community in other ways (Mayoral events maybe? or other things).

Edit: A mayor is elected to represent a community and it's interest. I don't see how our actual Mayor is covering that part.

14 minutes ago, Dazuzi said:

Everyone is aware that it started as a joke, but it certainly isn't treated as such. The only thing that came out of this meme is annoying polls used mainly to promote a certain youtube channel and constant attempts at taking credit where it's undue. He can keep on contributing to the community regardless of the title.

I find the way this position is currently treated from the mayor's position far more cringy than any discussion in this thread honestly.

Yikes 

I see two ways this could continue:

1) We take it seriously and aim at making the role of Mayor really useful to the community.

2) We abolish that role that many still find to be a joke (including me, maybe I was not clear on that). 

But imo, having a useless mayor is worst than not having one in the first place. Since this thread was about re-election, I tried to propose things that were including a re-election but if we all agree that it's the biggest joke of PokeMMO, let's just abolish it and be done with it.

@Bestfriends dont take this thread personally. This thread was more or less trying to make sure re-elections happen at some point, and to point out that it seemed overdue. I dont really think you can use the "too snappy" excuse as s legit since the first elections took place out of no where and you were very happy to accept the (VERY obviously rigged) results while ignoring those calling for a recount. You have nothing to worry about, if you and everyone else thinks you're a great mayor, im sure youll be easily re-elected. From what i understand this was just to make sure the title doesnt become "dictiator" instead of a community elected mayor. Never once did I see you or Kyu mention your term would last till 2020 aside from possibly some memes. This thread is just a discussion about possibly hosting a new election, and getting peoples thoughts since this seems to be a democracy. Although your feelings about @SirDusty are understandable if you confused this for a personal attack, but i believe them to be misplaced.

3 hours ago, Dazuzi said:

Everyone is aware that it started as a joke, but it certainly isn't treated as such.

Uhhhhh

Ye it is lol

3 hours ago, Hythalius said:

So, because something started as a joke, it cannot become a serious thing for you? You said it yourself, that joked evolve into what bestfriends has so, why don't we make it evolve again as a community into something better? A role that can serve as link between staff and community while still helping the community in other ways

CMs are what you're describing, hence the name, 'community manager'.

47 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

CMs are what you're describing, hence the name, 'community manager'.

Yeah well, expect that they are not elected democratically. A mayor is the only one chosen by the community, and hence, it can serve as link better in advanced.

However, this doesn't happen as often as it should, so it's just that, theoretically. The community has the power the elect someone else if they feel like the job is not being done properly though. Which is a key point.

Anyway, I believe the term 'mayor' is not the right one, even though it is elected. I mean, it is ok to be called Mayor, but I think a better one would be representative, since that's what we're talking about here

Edited by Frenum

Listen up uguus,

When you text your crush and he doesn't reply back and you start thinking he's probably just asleep... In reality he's getting woke watching Roy Rogers propaganda.

I say let the elections happen anyday anytime. My condolences to anyone who tries to dethrone my man Bestfriends... there is no defence against fast, unbiased, and accurate news.

25 minutes ago, Frenum said:

Yeah well, expect that they are not elected democratically. A mayor is the only one chosen by the community, and hence, it can serve as link better in advanced.

However, this doesn't happen as often as it should, so it's just that, theoretically. The community has the power the elect someone else if they feel like the job is not being done properly though. Which is a key point.

Anyway, I believe the term 'mayor' is not the right one, even though it is elected. I mean, it is ok to be called Mayor, but I think a better one would be representative, since that's what we're talking about here

Any regular player can do all the stuff Bestfriends does as he strives to become the greatest Mayor of all time.

What is the use in the players electing someone when anyone can do it if they wish lol.

Edited by KaynineXL
7 hours ago, Blue said:

I rather have Bestfriends as Mayor instead of some stuffed shirt person with huge ego bragging about it and not doing shit. I mean let's be real, who else would go everyday to starting towns giving out hundreds of Meowths and other pokemon to new players

Uh, tons of people. I started a whole squad of people who just hang out in starting towns from time to time giving out free Pokemon, pokeballs, basic items, some money and a pair of teddy ears to hundreds of players. We just don't repeatedly brag about it and pretend every new player's success is dependent on those starter kits we gave them lol. There's tons of things he does that a lot of people do. He should either seize control of the government permanently by force or let a re-election happen. And maybe this time we'll have a mayor who takes critique seriously and as an opportunity to learn and grow instead of flat out ignoring them or taking everything personally (unbiased only when it's not about himself?).

If even the slightest bit of humility's what you're looking for, you want a re-election. And BF, if you're reading this, I have nothing against you, you're a good person and I consider you a good friend, these aren't meant to be insulting but I won't hold back on my honest opinion just cause we're friends. Maybe see negative critique as a chance to learn and grow instead of outright hatred? Or seize control of the government and send dissenters to the gulag idk.

Edited by Dibz
33 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Any regular player can do all the stuff Bestfriends does as he strives to become the greatest Mayor of all time.

What is the use in the players electing someone when anyone can do it if they wish lol.

But the thing is, which player can do what Daryl does? He's batman in my heart.

Ok, so I went to bed last night disappointed that the thread got deleted, but I am glad it is back as we all have more to discuss. Going forward we as a community have some decisions to be made, those decisions are as follows:

Do we go by real life election time or in game time? To me in game time makes more sense as the mayor is the mayor of the game.

What will the term limits be? Do we go by two terms only?

A solidified date, whether its every year or every 2. I think sometime in the summer would be appropriate seeing as PokeMMO was released sometime in or around summer of 2012? (Need confirmation, my memory is fuzzy on this.

As for another election some people might chop up what Kyu said as gospel and call it good, but I am not. For the simple fact that the mayor role is and never was decided by the mods, it was by the people. I would like to get the above done first before going onto the election.

I am open to all criticism/ideas/opinions/suggestions/memes anything that can be done to reach a conclusion that hopefully the majority will be happy with.

4 hours ago, Blue said:

Dr7d9Yo.jpg

You are proving how you didn't understood what I was trying to say.

I have my disagreement with how@Bestfriends acts as a player but it's not my main complaint and if he was not even mayor, I would not have said anything because it would not affect the community as much. My complaint is how useless he truly is as a Mayor. He is doing nothing major for the active community as a whole (the one that elected him).

As I said, giving Meowth or other pokemon/items to new players isn't real help and surely counterproductive. With his ressources, he could make events that the community find a lack of. Instead, he prefers patting himself on the back and saying to whoever want to hear it that he his godly because he made guides that anyone could've made because it doesn't take much resources, only time. I want to clarify that last part, I am not against him making guide, on the contrary, but it should not be the main activity of the Mayor when you see the potential resources he could be having access to only with a council. Accepting donation is always an option too.

Events are something that often takes less preparation time (counting the money grinding) to make than guides and makes the community happy (if you are doing it right).

Edit: If he took the same time thinking constructively about any criticism than he took for mindlessly defending himself without even taking a second to think, it would help both sides.

Edited by Hythalius