PokeMMO Mayoral Re-Elections 2019

21 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Woah woah woah

Talk about being presumptuous there Senile. Unless I'm forgetting something (and I might be, in which case, my sincerest apologies), I don't remember you being elected to this position or BF appointing you to such. While I have the utmost respect for you for writing the PokeMMO Gospel, I cannot recognize you as a member of the PokeMMO Supreme Court. Church and State must be kept separate.

That being said, I do not disagree with you concerning Dusty, I think he is qualified in holding the election and it being held in the near future is fine, we do not need to wait until 2020.

Well obviously the TC is the Supreme Court.

11 minutes ago, Senile said:

Well obviously the TC is the Supreme Court.

BF didn't appoint you, nor were you elected by the public, that role is a PokeMMO Staff role. The Supreme Court should not be dictated by staff, the very overlords that the PokeMMO Government is supposed to put in check.

8 minutes ago, Gilan said:

BF didn't appoint you, nor were you elected by the public, that role is a PokeMMO Staff role. The Supreme Court should not be dictated by staff, the very overlords that the PokeMMO Government is supposed to put in check.

Listen, it's not that simple. Sure, the TC is "dictated" by staff, but the goal of the government isn't to keep staff in check, it is to ensure mutual cooperation with them. In that sense, the TC is an important branch of the government.

1 hour ago, Senile said:

Sorry Bestfriends, but I think you're taking this far too personally. Dusty doesn't seem to have any ill intent in this at all.

First of all, you can't just say "2020 is an election year". I don't know how to tell you this, but there are countries other than the US, I have no idea why you were expecting the election to specifically be on 2020. PokeMMO democracy works differently. If you had publicly stated that you were planning on having another set of elections in 2020 in advance, people would have felt more secure in the legitimacy of PokeMMO's democratic systems, and maybe this thread wouldn't have been made. However, stating that you were planning on the election happening in 2020 after a thread for a new election is posted feels like you're stalling for time. I don't think this was your intent, but you have to consider how people look at it.

Frankly, the PokeMMO playerbase has changed quite a bit since your last election. You were elected before the massive surge of Chinese players entered the game, and the people who voted for you and the majority of the active playerbase in the game now are quite different. With that in mind, I think a new election is justified, and even reasonable.

As the Chief Justice of the PokeMMO Supreme Court, I am publicly upholding the call for a reelection. If you don't trust Dusty, then I think a neutral party to run the election can easily be arranged.

During the first few days of me taking office, a man asked when the next election would be. Kyu then issued the following response:

4e6a07aa7ab067d0a931d55014142d20.png

This was why I said that 2020 was the election year. Kyu mentioned it during the first few days and I started making some plans on how I can serve the community till re-election time in 2020. I have a lot of plans, still little time, but at least I have a few more months till the end of 2019. My translators are hard at work translating my self help publications and I am hard at work trying to finish up a gym guide and helping RedactedColour on his guide.

With that being said, I look forward to accomplishing more things in game as the Mayor of PokeMMO.

PokeMMO Mayor At Your Service!

- Bf

2 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

During the first few days of me taking office, a man asked when the next election would be. Kyu then issued the following response:

4e6a07aa7ab067d0a931d55014142d20.png

This was why I said that 2020 was the election year. Kyu mentioned it during the first few days and I started making some plans on how I can serve the community till re-election time in 2020. I have a lot of plans, still little time, but at least I have a few more months till the end of 2019. My translators are hard at work translating my self help publications and I am hard at work trying to finish up a gym guide and helping RedactedColour on his guide.

With that being said, I look forward to accomplishing more things in game as the Mayor of PokeMMO.

PokeMMO Mayor At Your Service!

- Bf

Aight so it's settled. Next election 2020. 

mayor is a community elected representative/position. i started the thread for bestfreinds election with no staff approval or involvement and it was run by the community. term length of the community representative is not a staff decision. whether we elect a new guy or not is not staffs business. if the community agrees with the 2 year term then great but we should actually think about it and make a decision and not let one guy make the decision for us just because he made a cool game and has good taste in lab coats.

Well lets go for an impeachment then, i think there are some hints that the chinese manipulated social media to assure the election of bf

also if reelection is 2020, why dont i see any campaigns yet.

Edited by Quakkz
4 hours ago, SirDusty said:

Also I am not going by real life election years, I stated very clearly in my original post that I used in game time for this, and it has been over 4 years in PokeMMO time since the last election.

Ignoring all the drama and trashtalking (don't stop though, shit like that is why I love being on forums in the first place), I genuinely do agree with this. I think using game time would be a fun way to run the election cycle for Mayor of PokeMMO. 2 irl years is a long time. Also an election would be fun, bring on the campaigns and memes! 

9 minutes ago, Dibz said:

Ignoring all the drama and trashtalking (don't stop though, shit like that is why I love being on forums in the first place), I genuinely do agree with this. I think using game time would be a fun way to run the election cycle for Mayor of PokeMMO. 2 irl years is a long time. Also an election would be fun, bring on the campaigns and memes! 

Well, snap elections are not really fun though. I was in the middle of helping RedactedColour document Hidden Powers for certain gym leaders. Let's wait for 2020 and then an election is expected to happen. I was truly caught off guard by this election post.

As for all the election advocates out there, I have an offer to make. Why not channel all of your electoral energy in helping me document sets for the Unova Gym Leaders (if you help me with one or more of the sets, then I will list you as a contributor in the guide). This is one of the few open projects that I have for the community at large to participate in.

26 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Well, snap elections are not really fun though. I was in the middle of helping RedactedColour document Hidden Powers for certain gym leaders. Let's wait for 2020 and then an election is expected to happen. I was truly caught off guard by this election post.

As for all the election advocates out there, I have an offer to make. Why not channel all of your electoral energy in helping me document sets for the Unova Gym Leaders (if you help me with one or more of the sets, then I will list you as a contributor in the guide). This is one of the few open projects that I have for the community at large to participate in.

Why should we wait because you were caught off guard? I don't think that the community knew of this before you did so everyone has the same preparation time but ok, let's be sure of the total fairness of the next election.

I think this might be a good compromise for everyone (might be wrong though): We let you until the end of June to finish the guide and July 1st we have a campaign until the vote like July 10 or 15 when the second PokeMMO Mayor will be elected.

I also agree with @fredrichnietze about what Kyu said. It doesn't matter.

how indepth is that hiddenpower guide gonna be if you're willing to postpone the whole election and can't focus on anything else while making it ??

you're starting to sound like a dictator, grasping at straws, digging up old (irrelevant) screens. coming at Dusty for what seems like no reason. deciding all by yourself when the next election will be.

Clearly this is what the people want and you are a man of the people. Don't let this scare you off Bestfriends. You're the best mayor a game could hope for.

you got 27k views, thats something we could only dream about 5y ago.

#MyMayorBestfriends

Edited by Flavawhat
8 hours ago, Hythalius said:

Maybe I am wrong in which case people can correct me but, I feel like you take yourself way too seriously and that's what making people uncomfortable @Bestfriends. You always act so righteous and official. You also often seems to take people from a moral high ground which can be a bit irritating.

I have nothing against you, I just feel like you should chill a bit.

For me, all the points you made justify the reason why Bestfriends deserves to be mayor of PokeMMO. The fact that he is always serious means that he will never troll, fool around or make fun of new players asking for help. He is a honest and pure hearted person. Many years back, when I first saw him posting on forums being all serious and official, me and 99% of the community didn't take him seriously and were almost certain that he is another troll on the forums. In time, everyone realized that this wasn't the case. I don't believe  a person will ever be able to significantly affect this games economy, community etc, be it Mayor or not. Almost everyone, me included, would realize that, stop trying and lose interest. But guess what, Bestfriends is not one of those people. He will NEVER stop caring about the community and putting effort to the role of Mayor. Because he is deadly SERIOUS and determined to exceed the expectations people have of him. Personally, I rather have Bestfriends as Mayor instead of some stuffed shirt person with huge ego bragging about it and not doing shit. I mean let's be real, who else would go everyday to starting towns giving out hundreds of Meowths and other pokemon to new players. An act that makes playerbase look good and game more enjoyable. To sum up, I voted for him before and I sure as hell will do it again.  #BF2020

14 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

When this post was made, I was shocked with the amount of attention that this thread was given.

You really shouldn't be. If you look at how poorly your last thread was received, it should be very clear that there are many people that are not happy with how you do things.

2. Started the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel.

Did you? Haven't noticed.

3. When I was elected as Mayor, one of my goals were to lower down the poverty rate on PokeMMO (and when I was elected, the poverty rate was low, but thanks to the How to Make Money video on the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel, this rate was decreased much further and I am proud of the progress on this goal).

There are no empiric data that support this claim other than your own assumption. Unless you can legitimately prove this by showing a graph of average player's wealth over time and then pinpointing a spike around the time you uploaded that video, you have no right to spread such claims. When it comes to the video itself, a person only needs to watch a fraction for it to count as a view and even if somebody did watch the whole thing, it still doesn't mean that they actually used the information in it. The most widely used and the most profitable double account berry farming method is not even covered in it for example.

Also, what Dusty said had no ill intent in it whatsoever, it wasn't meant personally, you just chose to take it personally.

Edited by Dazuzi
9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Many years back, when I first saw him posting on forums being all serious and official, me and 99% of the community didn't take him seriously and were almost certain that he is another troll on the forums. In time, everyone realized that this wasn't the case. 

i still think he is a very advanced troll

Edited by Flavawhat
3 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

you don't need a position to contribute to the community.

And is in this rough times, a mayor has to step in, you're not willing to take action nor ever speak for the people, only for yourself, this is why we need Daryl as a leader and our mayor, Daryl speaks every language, Daryl fears not a single soul, Daryl will lead us through the right path!!