PokeMMO Mayoral Re-Elections 2019

Look, I once worked under Bestfriends as his wing man in the office. I can tell you damn straight, the Russians did not partner with Bestfriends to get him through the election.

I don't see why we'd ever try and remove him from power as well, he's done everything he set out on. I believe Bestfriends might be the only one to be able to deliver a smooth Pokexit. Why would we disturb things now.

Edited by KaynineXL
59 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

At this point I can’t tell who is memeing and who is genuinely discussing this and it’s concerning me

I have to agree with Zymogen here. While @SirDusty made this thread, I was working on my Unova Gym Guide and documenting Hidden Powers for @RedactedColour's gym guides. When this post was made, I was shocked with the amount of attention that this thread was given.

For a moment, I thought my election would come in 2020, but Dusty wants the election now. If this snap election does go through and I lose my Mayorship, then I still plan on working on the guide that I was making, but the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel is going to cease its operations and the council is going to be retired. Being the CEO of Roy Rogers Incorporated and becoming Mayor of PokeMMO have one thing that is different, a time limitation. Being a CEO of Roy Rogers Incorporated, I was able to pursue goals on a time that I was available, but as the Mayor of PokeMMO, there is a time limit to the goals and you have to act fast before an election comes up (so many ideas float by the council and so little time to pursue said ideas).

Let me give you a general list of my accomplishments so far as the Mayor of PokeMMO:

1. Formed a Mayoral Council for consulting and various opinions on certain proposals.

2. Started the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel. Also, if you partook in the poll for the name and studio location of this channel, then I would like to thank you for making your voice heard!

3. When I was elected as Mayor, one of my goals were to lower down the poverty rate on PokeMMO (and when I was elected, the poverty rate was low, but thanks to the How to Make Money video on the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel, this rate was decreased much further and I am proud of the progress on this goal).

4. Constructed some guides on PokeMMO that may enhance the experiences of players looking for information:

Spoiler

Guide currently under construction:

Guides that I assisted in:

Spoiler

Thank you @Akshit and @Fozker for making a horde training guides (there were plans for the construction of said guide on my end): 

5. Gave away pokemon that I don't need from the MayorBestfriends account (I made sure to level them to 20 before I gave them out due to the first level cap).

6. Translating transcripts for the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel for viewers that may not speak English. (Shoutout to the council members involved with helping me reach out to people from parts of the globe).

If this post is an election troll thread, then I am going back to work in documenting gym sets for Unova and the Hidden Powers of pokemon in the Kanto and Hoenn gym sets. However, if this post is a legitimate election thread, then I am going to take it more seriously. Thank you for your time.

PokeMMO Mayor At Your Service!

- Bf

1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

3. When I was elected as Mayor, one of my goals were to lower down the poverty rate on PokeMMO (and when I was elected, the poverty rate was low, but thanks to the How to Make Money video on the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel, this rate was decreased much further and I am proud of the progress on this goal).

its true, i was dirt broke but then i watched 11h of roy rogers channel and now i got a shiny charizard

2 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

words

Alright, so the purpose of this was not to doubt your abilities to help the community, rather to spark the idea another election because if someone is in office for so long, at what point do they stop being a mayor and become say a dictator? With that being said, I have to disagree with you claiming that the poverty rate has changed has been directly changed because of your videos. At most your videos on how to make money get 500 views, taking into account people that watch your videos for fun and already know how to make money/random people stopping by, you are really not impacting as many people as you think. On top of that the overall majority of players nowadays seem to be Chinese, and I highly doubt they are watching videos in English on how to make money, so claiming anything about changing the poverty rate is absolutely ridiculous.Albeit this could all change if you translate it all like you have stated, but for now it's factually false information, there is no correlation. Also what is the poverty line in PokeMMO? Everyone plays the game differently and just because you can't afford to buy a new team of 6 comps or a new shiny every week does not mean you are poor.

This is also far from a troll post, I am invested in this as I believe in fair politics whether it be in real life or on here, and the injustices are strong.

Edited by SirDusty
Fixed some spelling
1 hour ago, SirDusty said:

At most your videos on how to make money get 500 views, taking into account people that watch your videos for fun and already know how to make money/random people stopping by, you are really not impacting as many people as you think.

oof, dont hurt my mayor :(

2 hours ago, SirDusty said:

Alright, so the purpose of this was not to doubt your abilities to help the community, rather to spark the idea another election because if someone is in office for so long, at what point do they stop being a mayor and become say a dictator? With that being said, I have to disagree with you claiming that the poverty rate has changed has been directly changed because of your videos. At most your videos on how to make money get 500 views, taking into account people that watch your videos for fun and already know how to make money/random people stopping by, you are really not impacting as many people as you think. On top of that the overall majority of players nowadays seem to be Chinese, and I highly doubt they are watching videos in English on how to make money, so claiming anything about changing the poverty rate is absolutely ridiculous.Albeit this could all change if you translate it all like you have stated, but for now it's factually false information, there is no correlation. Also what is the poverty line in PokeMMO? Everyone plays the game differently and just because you can't afford to buy a new team of 6 comps or a new shiny every week does not mean you are poor.

This is also far from a troll post, I am invested in this as I believe in fair politics whether it be in real life or on here, and the injustices are strong.

I would like to address you're response then by the following statements:

1. I sense some animus towards me in your post. There is no way that I want you to host an election.

2. Last time I checked, 2020 is election year. You were off by one year.

3. I am not a dictator. I am just a Mayor, but this position is used to help people new and old. I have an election in 2020, but I do not want you to host it. You have proven yourself to be a dishonest moderator of said results.

4. The How to Make Money video on YouTube has +27k views. I do not know how you can equate 500 views with 27k views.

5. As for a Chinese translation, there is one already drafted for this publication. (Thank you @Deviluke)

Spoiler

5af0c1b2c6cb01fcdf4e791570d1a843.jpg

6. You can't just do a snap election and leave people behind. I was working on projects and you took my attention away from said projects just to address this thread.

In summary, I feel that this snap election harbours some ill intentions and I do not trust you, plan and simple. I ask that you not quote me by saying "words" because not putting my full quote in a horrible example to go by. When I quote people (even people that may not like me), I still have the decently to put the full quote or part of the quote for context. I feel that you're a dishonest broker here. Enough is enough.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification

Maybe I am wrong in which case people can correct me but, I feel like you take yourself way too seriously and that's what making people uncomfortable @Bestfriends. You always act so righteous and official. You also often seems to take people from a moral high ground which can be a bit irritating.

I have nothing against you, I just feel like you should chill a bit.

Edited by Hythalius
grammar
15 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

1. I sense some animus towards me in your post. There is no way that I want you to host an election.

3. I am not a dictator. I am just a Mayor, but this position is used to help people new and old. I have an election in 2020, but I do not want you to host it. You have proven yourself to be a dishonest moderator of said results.

4. The How to Make Money video on YouTube has +27k views. I do not know how you can equate 500 views with 27k views.

5. As for a Chinese translation, there is one already drafted for this publication. (Thank you @Deviluke)

Reveal hidden contents

6. You can't just do a snap election and leave people behind. I was working on projects and you took my attention away from said projects just to address this thread.

In summary, I feel that this snap election harbours some ill intentions and I do not trust you, plan and simple. I ask that you not quote me by saying "words" because not putting my full quote in a horrible example to go by. When I quote people (even people that may not like me), I still have the decently to put the full quote or part of the quote for context. I feel that you're a dishonest broker here. Enough is enough.

Sorry Bestfriends, but I think you're taking this far too personally. Dusty doesn't seem to have any ill intent in this at all.

First of all, you can't just say "2020 is an election year". I don't know how to tell you this, but there are countries other than the US, I have no idea why you were expecting the election to specifically be on 2020. PokeMMO democracy works differently. If you had publicly stated that you were planning on having another set of elections in 2020 in advance, people would have felt more secure in the legitimacy of PokeMMO's democratic systems, and maybe this thread wouldn't have been made. However, stating that you were planning on the election happening in 2020 after a thread for a new election is posted feels like you're stalling for time. I don't think this was your intent, but you have to consider how people look at it.

Frankly, the PokeMMO playerbase has changed quite a bit since your last election. You were elected before the massive surge of Chinese players entered the game, and the people who voted for you and the majority of the active playerbase in the game now are quite different. With that in mind, I think a new election is justified, and even reasonable.

As the Chief Justice of the PokeMMO Supreme Court, I am publicly upholding the call for a reelection. If you don't trust Dusty, then I think a neutral party to run the election can easily be arranged.

Just now, fredrichnietze said:

idk about anyone else but i would rather keep it in the community like psl. 

Staff is part of the community. And ultimately they are the ones who give the Mayor title on forums, so their involvement is necessary anyway.

25 minutes ago, Senile said:

As the Chief Justice of the PokeMMO Supreme Court, I am publicly upholding the call for a reelection.

Woah woah woah

Talk about being presumptuous there Senile. Unless I'm forgetting something (and I might be, in which case, my sincerest apologies), I don't remember you being elected to this position or BF appointing you to such. While I have the utmost respect for you for writing the PokeMMO Gospel, I cannot recognize you as a member of the PokeMMO Supreme Court. Church and State must be kept separate.

That being said, I do not disagree with you concerning Dusty, I think he is qualified in holding the election and it being held in the near future is fine, we do not need to wait until 2020.

1 minute ago, Akshit said:

Staff is part of the community. And ultimately they are the ones who give the Mayor title on forums, so their involvement is necessary anyway.

democracy is based on everyone being equal and having a equal say. staff control the forums and game. if staff step in and take control and say 40% of the community and staff want to thing a and 60% want thing b staff can and might just decide to "make the right decision" for us. 

5 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Woah woah woah

Talk about being presumptuous there Senile. Unless I'm forgetting something (and I might be, in which case, my sincerest apologies), I don't remember you being elected to this position or BF appointing you to such. While I have the utmost respect for you for writing the PokeMMO Gospel, I cannot recognize you as a member of the PokeMMO Supreme Court. Church and State must be kept separate.

That being said, I do not disagree with you concerning Dusty, I think he is qualified in holding the election and it being held in the near future is fine, we do not need to wait until 2020.

separation of church and state is a very american concept. is this america?

2 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

separation of church and state is a very american concept. is this america?

Even if you don't care about separation of church and state, the bigger issue is that Senile just self proclaimed himself as chief justice as far as I can tell.

1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

Reveal hidden contents

My apologizes, I did a quick glance and noticed that most of your videos have around 500 views with the exception of the first four, this will not happen again. I think Senile covered it pretty well above. However, I am curious as to why you would not want me hosting an election, I have not been dishonest at all, I have typed what I believe in and what I believe should happen, but if you have a problem with that I have no problem going to another person. I just want to do it because I know I will do it right, fair, and most importantly correct. I have discussed my intentions with numerous people as to how voting should take place and I believe I have found a solid solution as to how it should happen. 

Also I am not going by real life election years, I stated very clearly in my original post that I used in game time for this, and it has been over 4 years in PokeMMO time since the last election.

Edited by SirDusty
I missed a comma and it was bugging me
5 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

democracy is based on everyone being equal and having a equal say. staff control the forums and game. if staff step in and take control and say 40% of the community and staff want to thing a and 60% want thing b staff can and might just decide to "make the right decision" for us. 

They will just oversee the election, votes will decide the mayor in the end. If it's not official, it's just gonna be a meme position again. And if that's the case, really no point investing any time or thoughts into this discussion at this point since BF clearly is the best choice. And if staff wanted to abuse their powers, they could do it either way irrespective of anything.