PokeMMO Mayoral Re-Elections 2019

I'm sure that I can't be the only one who remembers this, but the last election crimar and bestfriends were tied essentially with 100-200 votes each around the last day (those votes took about 10 days to gather iirc) and in a matter of 10 to 15 minutes bestfriends had +400 votes, while crimars votes didn't even increase by +1. Are we supposed to believe that wasn't manipulation? 

Imo the only fair way is a forum hosted election. Showing who voted for who would help speculation but isn't nesiccarily needed. 

9 hours ago, Dazuzi said:

So you would rather have the poll elsewhere where it's much easier to be manipulated through VPNs instead?

There's 1 rule in this forum, everyone should know of, anything that fred says is to be taken with a grain or two of salt. He has no clue what he's speaking of(generally), but he always thinks he's correct.

Either way, as most of you know, the only one fit for the mayor position is DarylDixon, not only does he speak every language, which would be a massive help to communicate with the community, but he's also known and respected by the community, haters will be haters, but I'm sure @RysPicz can vouch for this.

That moment when some start sounding like liberals x'DD. All things aside, make what you want about @Bestfriends being the mayor atm, but he has in fact made guides and continues to do so in pokemmo and he has his youtube channel of course which some of you think is a joke, but give the guy a break. He is doing at least smth but from the likes of it, it seems as if though some people want to call the shots who never even contributed or did anything for pokemmo. If it goes through as a lot of you desire a new mayor, don't vote for someone who won't do anything. I think the next mayor should be knowledgeable about the competitive scene because they need someone to speak up for them. Akshit's nominees are a good start. Let's see what happens \▪▪/

Alright, got some good feedback and some meme feedback, all of which is equally important. So going forward in these next couple of days, I will take the initiative and make the necessary threads in order to have a re-election take place. I want to do it because I know it will be done right and fairly. @Akshit I was thinking the same thing last night about how to properly do votes, I think a forum vote would be the best option and have a criteria of voting. If you think I won't go through every vote even if there are thousands, you are dead wrong, I will weed out the frauds because I have nothing better to do with my time right now.

Ideally I would genuinely like to see the title of "Mayor" have some sort of sway and with the title would come representing the communities within the community, those being competitive, trading and so on.

The next step will be Pre-elections.

Tbh, if BF runs again, I’ll vote for him. Say what you will, but he’s the only one I truely belive that will actually stick with the role for the entire time of his term. His dedication easily trumps my own dedication of trying to become staff for years.

Like be real with yourself, if anyone other than Bestfriends had been the first mayor, it wouldn’t even be a subject anymore. Bestfriends made what the title of mayor is today.

I'm probably gonna get heat for this, but why do we even have a mayorship position in the first place? From my take on this, the mayor gets basically no extra power(s) to distinguish him/herself from any other player in PokeMMO (meaning any no-name player can put together helpful guides, YouTube videos, giveaways for beginners, etc.) apart from a little "Mayor of PokeMMO" title that only shows up in forums--which I would imagine that a decent chunk of players don't even visit the forums, not knowing or caring a rat's behind that a PokeMMO mayor exists--and the privilege of "working" close with staff--likely because the community has a never-ending hate-shtick for staff and want their voices to be heard through, what I feel the PokeMMO mayor is, the staff's little meme puppet; and let's be real here: knowing that most suggestions posted in forums--for example--never gets implemented, do you guys really believe that "your voices are gonna be heard" any better through a player with a meme title? In my opinion, I feel like the PokeMMO mayorship is merely a publicity stunt, and so acknowledging that my comment and understanding about this is likely oblivious to the bigger picture, I would like someone to remind me as to why all this mayorship shenanigan apparently seems like a big deal.

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, MGRazor said:

I'm probably gonna get heat for this, but why do we even have a mayorship position in the first place? From my take on this, the mayor gets basically no extra power(s) to distinguish him/herself from any other player in PokeMMO (meaning any no-name player can put together helpful guides, YouTube videos, giveaways for beginners, etc.) apart from a little "Mayor of PokeMMO" title that only shows up in forums--which I would imagine that a decent chunk of players don't even visit the forums, not knowing or caring a rat's behind that a PokeMMO mayor exists--and the privilege of "working" close with staff--likely because the community has a never-ending hate-shtick for staff and want their voices to be heard through, what I feel the PokeMMO mayor is, the staff's little meme puppet; and let's be real here: knowing that most suggestions posted in forums--for example--never gets implemented, do you guys really believe that "your voices are gonna be heard" any better through a player with a meme title? In my opinion, I feel like the PokeMMO mayorship is merely a publicity stunt, and so acknowledging that my comment and understanding about this is likely oblivious to the bigger picture, I would like someone to remind me as to why all this mayorship shenanigan apparently seems like a big deal.

You must be real fun at parties

3 minutes ago, MGRazor said:

from what i remember the whole mayor thing started as a joke when some random forum troll (whose now long gone) went around claiming to be pokemmos mayor

1 minute ago, GodofKawaii said:

from what i remember the whole mayor thing started as a joke when some random forum troll (whose now long gone) went around claiming to be pokemmos mayor

The joke's more outdated and bland than Jumpeon and even me then.

Edited by Guest