PokeMMO Mayoral Re-Elections 2019

It has come to my attention as a diligent bystander and Civilian of PokeMMO that we all have a pressing matter to address. That matter being the current state of mayor in PokeMMO.

It drastically needs an overhaul, to start off with our current mayor has been in office far to long without a re-election taking place. Going by in game time, every 6 hours in real life is 1 day in PokeMMO, so every 24 hours in real life there will be 4 days in PokeMMO. Doing some quick math, our current mayor has been in office since march of 2018, so roughly a year and 2 months in real life. With that being said, 365 x 4 = 1,460 days plus take 2 months 60 x 4 = 240 our current mayor has been in office for roughly 1,700 days in game time, give or take some days.

The term of a typical mayor is 4 years, to not have a re-election violates the most basic rules of democracy and order, if we ignore this we might as well not even call someone mayor as they do not seem to abide by the rules set in place. The fact that our current mayor or his team of advisers did not take the initiative to involve themselves in doing another campaign just shows the corruption and lack of responsibility. There simply are no checks and balances in place currently to stop this from happening, it needs change.

My solution is as follows:

Host a yearly vote on who gets to be mayor, held on the same date so hopefully someone remembers.

Only 2 terms of 8 years total will be allowed (Using in game time)

If in the case that Bestfriends runs for re-election and wins he will serve out his term accordingly taking into account the days he has already gone over.

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions feel free to post them. As well as if I have any false information or my math is off, please tell me and I will edit my post accordingly. 

3 hours ago, SirDusty said:

My solution is as follows:

Host a yearly vote on who gets to be mayor, held on the same date so hopefully someone remembers.

Only 2 terms of 8 years total will be allowed (Using in game time)

If in the case that Bestfriends runs for re-election and wins he will serve out his term accordingly taking into account the days he has already gone over.

To add to this, I would suggest that the voting is done here on forums instead of some rigged 3rd party site.

10 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

if the vote is held on the forums, then you're just giving riga the election. 

Assuming that the re-elections would be held seriously, I doubt banned players would be eligible to participate as candidates. If it turns into a meme fest, then so be it. I would still rather have that as long as it's not rigged and other people get a fair chance.

4 hours ago, Dazuzi said:

Assuming that the re-elections would be held seriously, I doubt banned players would be eligible to participate as candidates. If it turns into a meme fest, then so be it. I would still rather have that as long as it's not rigged and other people get a fair chance.

first election riga got on other peoples accounts and voted. second election the same. i dont see any reason to doubt it happening a third time. with one vote per ip, you need a vpn which cost money and most vpns only have a few dozen or hundred ip addresses. as we saw last election everyone with a vpn voted and it canceled eachother out. 

2 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

first election riga got on other peoples accounts and voted. second election the same. i dont see any reason to doubt it happening a third time.

So you would rather have the poll elsewhere where it's much easier to be manipulated through VPNs instead?

3 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

with one vote per ip, you need a vpn which cost money and most vpns only have a few dozen or hundred ip addresses. as we saw last election everyone with a vpn voted and it canceled eachother out. 

The VPN I am using and also all of it's biggest competitors have well over a thousand, so this is factually untrue. Also, in no way would this even itself out, rather couple people abusing it would skyrocket above the rest.

27 minutes ago, Diano said:

i mean, why a mayor when we have staff members?

^

Most hardcore competitive players never join staff though cause it takes away their opportunity to participate in official PvP tournaments.

I think it would be great if a competitive player like @OrangeManiac or @xXBlu3BreathXx become the mayor this time, and as the mayor raise the issue of shit event prizes, legit trash $10 untradeable RP item like Amnesia Brace, etc ... Be our voice to be directly in touch with the staff higher ups, and bring about some actual useful change for the community. And for other stuff such as helping out noobs, etc could always make up a mayoral council to assist.

Or we can just do it all over again for memes and carry on with having no whatsoever real change.

Edited by Akshit
4 hours ago, Dazuzi said:

So you would rather have the poll elsewhere where it's much easier to be manipulated through VPNs instead?

The VPN I am using and also all of it's biggest competitors have well over a thousand, so this is factually untrue. Also, in no way would this even itself out, rather couple people abusing it would skyrocket above the rest.

their is no perfect option. but one gives someone a unbeatable cheat and one gives everyone a more limited cheat. there are only so many vpns with so many addresses. pia which is one of the biggest has 52 locations with a total of a little over 3000 ip's divided among them. you can choose a node and get one ip from that node. to get a new ip you have to disconnect and reconnect to get a random ip which may be the same or one already used. while there are many ip's it will take hours to get a few hundred votes, and this is with one the biggest and most expensive vpns that i KNOW many people on these forums uses. the more people using it the more often you will try to vote and find the ip already used.

tl;dr lots of people will have lots of votes vs everyone has one vote except one person with hundreds or thousands 

14 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

their is no perfect option. but one gives someone a unbeatable cheat and one gives everyone a more limited cheat.

I don't disagree.

Edit: From what I heard he got into other peoples' accounts thru a password leak from the website host. If this is indeed the case, then I doubt he can do it again, unless some people didn't change their passwords since.

14 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

pia which is one of the biggest has 52 locations with a total of a little over 3000 ip's divided among them. you can choose a node and get one ip from that node. to get a new ip you have to disconnect and reconnect to get a random ip which may be the same or one already used. while there are many ip's it will take hours to get a few hundred votes, and this is with one the biggest and most expensive vpns that i KNOW many people on these forums uses. the more people using it the more often you will try to vote and find the ip already used.

I was referring to expressvpn and nordvpn. What you're saying is true, but even though it is indeed annoying and would take some time, the limit goes far beyond a hundred.

Edited by Dazuzi
Added a comment.
49 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

their is no perfect option. but one gives someone a unbeatable cheat and one gives everyone a more limited cheat. there are only so many vpns with so many addresses. pia which is one of the biggest has 52 locations with a total of a little over 3000 ip's divided among them. you can choose a node and get one ip from that node. to get a new ip you have to disconnect and reconnect to get a random ip which may be the same or one already used. while there are many ip's it will take hours to get a few hundred votes, and this is with one the biggest and most expensive vpns that i KNOW many people on these forums uses. the more people using it the more often you will try to vote and find the ip already used.

tl;dr lots of people will have lots of votes vs everyone has one vote except one person with hundreds or thousands 

39 minutes ago, Dazuzi said:

I don't disagree.

Edit: From what I heard he got into other peoples' accounts thru a password leak from the website host. If this is indeed the case, then I doubt he can do it again, unless some people didn't change their passwords since.

I was referring to expressvpn and nordvpn. What you're saying is true, but even though it is indeed annoying and would take some time, the limit goes far beyond a hundred.

Could just have vote counted through posts and a criteria be set for voters... For example, 6 month + old with atleast 50 posts or something of the sort.

1 hour ago, Akshit said:

^

Most hardcore competitive players never join staff though cause it takes away their opportunity to participate in official PvP tournaments.

I think it would be great if a competitive player like @OrangeManiac or @xXBlu3BreathXx become the mayor this time, and as the mayor raise the issue of shit event prizes, legit trash $10 untradeable RP item like Amnesia Brace, etc ... Be our voice to be directly in touch with the staff higher ups, and bring about some actual useful change for the community. And for other stuff such as helping out noobs, etc could always make up a mayoral council to assist.

Or we can just do it all over again for memes and carry on with having no whatsoever real change.

Orange is legit a great mayor imo, little bit dead tho