June-Movement Discussion Thread

24 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

Why do you talk as if it were widely acknowledged that togekiss is a problem? I think most of the comp community disagrees, myself included.

Its quite stupid saying mostly without or talking for the community like everyone agrees on it without a proff.

26 minutes ago, Takens said:

Its quite stupid saying mostly without or talking for the community like everyone agrees on it without a proff.

While we're on the topic of speaking "without proof", I don't mean to alarm you, but you're the one bringing up Togekiss for a potential ban. The TC has already looked at Togekiss, made a discussion thread about it, and decided not to ban it. If you want serious discussion about banning it, it's on you to provide arguments and reasoning as to why it should be banned. So far, you haven't made much of an effort to explain why it should be banned, and basically everything you have said is stuff that's already been talked about before.

If you seriously expect a good discussion on this, you need to start it yourself with some decent points. This isn't exactly a new issue, and we already know all the basic points/problems with togekiss, don't expect us to reiterate everything or change our minds just by saying "hey ban toge >: (".

Additionally, I'm echoing gb's thoughts on Scraggy. I'd be interested in hearing why Gallade is so busted as well, but for now, I don't have much of an opinion on it.

35 minutes ago, Senile said:

While we're on the topic of speaking "without proof", I don't mean to alarm you, but you're the one bringing up Togekiss for a potential ban. The TC has already looked at Togekiss, made a discussion thread about it, and decided not to ban it. If you want serious discussion about banning it, it's on you to provide arguments and reasoning as to why it should be banned. So far, you haven't made much of an effort to explain why it should be banned, and basically everything you have said is stuff that's already been talked about before.

If you seriously expect a good discussion on this, you need to start it yourself with some decent points. This isn't exactly a new issue, and we already know all the basic points/problems with togekiss, don't expect us to reiterate everything or change our minds just by saying "hey ban toge >: (".

Additionally, I'm echoing gb's thoughts on Scraggy. I'd be interested in hearing why Gallade is so busted as well, but for now, I don't have much of an opinion on it.

this is the kind of answers i actually like not just making jokes around.

On 5/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, gbwead said:

Scraggy was utterly broken. It was sweeping with little to no support. I'm all for wall larvesta and gimmicky stuff in general, but Acrobatic Larvesta, idk I just don't see it. There aren't really any walls that can stop Scraggy. The only version of Mienfoo that can survive Scraggy is Impish Mienfoo and realistically Impish Mienfoo isn't played with High Jump Kick, it's played with Drain Punch. Mienfoo switches on Scraggy, Scraggy does DD. Scraggy then does Zen Headbutt or High Jump Kick, Mienfoo prays for a miss or no flinch and then does Drain Punch which doesn't kill and doesn't heal back enough to survive Scraggy's next attack (16+16 > 21+18/2). 

I always wondered the reason behind Scraggy being banned. Thank you for the info.

As for Togekiss, I still don't see a legitimate reason to ban it, it works really well in the OU meta and counters to it usually have lots of versatile uses (definitely more versatility than a basic Chansey/Blissey) and lots of teambuilds have a toge counter that do a billion other things as well, be it walls, hazard setting, anti-setup mons or even priority sweepers. I've seen more slots wasted by counters specifically for Conkeldurr than I have for Togekiss.

Spoiler

Ban Togepi pls

11 minutes ago, pachima said:

I dont want to mean to say scraggy isnt banworthy just now but mienfoo doesnt need impish to survive +1 hjk ( Also just needs 36 def to survive +1 zen)

isn't the match kinda over if it flinches to zen

7 hours ago, pachima said:

zen headbutt flinch: Argument worthy

Togekiss useless flinch: Not argument worthy

Also, just to spice things up . @Takens

i give up too lazy to provide arguments on calcs, i'll just use some random gimmicks until next update.

• Munya unfeatured this topic
  • Munya locked and unpinned this topic
  • Munya pinned this topic