Allow all pokémon

Cacha

Question

1 hour ago, Cacha said:

Hi, i was thinking in allow all poķémon, articuno, zapdos, landorus, etc.

Maybe to use in uber, history or play whit friends. 

Why can't use it?  

I can't understand. 

There are another pokes whit 600 on stat base and are over used.

That is a question that was asked for quite a while. There is an answer to your concern, most legendaries would dominate the game and make PokeMMO too easy to play. The developers have plans on implementing some of the legendaries, but that may come a bit later. You can already obtain Mewtwo, Raquaza, and Zehkrom, however they are not permanent members of your party. Mewtwo and Raquaza have a timer on them as to how long you can keep them and Zehkrom can only be obtained near the end of the Unova storyline for one battle sequence.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification

I do not understand the meaning of either of the two answers. One says that they facilitate the game, what game, in what way? Another that prefer to keep them programmed so that they are but that they will not be. I can not find a single clear argument for why they could not be uber or usable for history, uber tournaments or combats between friends.

2 hours ago, Cacha said:

I do not understand the meaning of either of the two answers. One says that they facilitate the game, what game, in what way? Another that prefer to keep them programmed so that they are but that they will not be. I can not find a single clear argument for why they could not be uber or usable for history, uber tournaments or combats between friends.

I agree with you, I think they can put legendary pokemons as banned list in tournaments and competitive play. so you can't join matches if you have legendary pokemon in your list.  and for rarity they can make it very hard to obtain and low chance like you must defeat the elite 4 in special match , you only have 1 try per a wk and the match must be without consumables etc... for every region will have to use its pokemons can't use other pokemons for it , maybe they are not tradable , there are many idea's can be discussed how to let us have  legendarily 

Legendaries would only matter for comp, while thry are highly requested as they fill some holes in every tier, they wont straight release them. Dungeons was their method of releasing them and we are a long way from having it. No matter how many threads about this shows up since 7 years ago, the answer remains the same, they wont be etraight on released into the wild.

Edited by razimove
On 6/22/2019 at 5:10 AM, razimove said:

Dungeons was their method of releasing them and we are a long way from having it.

Define “long”. I mean, sinnoh is supposedly the next “big” update(unless they surprise us and implement dungeons first), and dungeons is supposed to follow that.

12 hours ago, Cacha said:

Oh disproportionate irony that betrays a very low IQ, how strange in an online community !

You do know IQ measures the ability to perform tasks a kindergartner can perform right? Higher IQ means you are just better at performing those tasks. Congrats on patting yourself on the back.

Back to the topic.

Mewtwo, Rayquaza, and Zekrom/Reshiram only have one of them in existence canonically. The mechanics behind Mewtwo and Rayquaza keep this in line with canon. In addition to canon lore, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, and Zekrom/Reshiram are considered Uber. While the devs could just program them in as banned, which they have, they want to preserve rarity and make them feel special. From my understanding of past discussions on the topic, there will be a lot of legends that are permanently obtainable but they will be extremely rare and obtainable only in their respective dungeons. Legendary Pokemon are on the same level as Legendary Equipment in other MMOs. They wouldn't be legendary or special if literally everyone could get them with little effort.

On 7/5/2019 at 11:41 AM, XelaKebert said:

You do know IQ measures the ability to perform tasks a kindergartner can perform right? Higher IQ means you are just better at performing those tasks. Congrats on patting yourself on the back.

Back to the topic.

Mewtwo, Rayquaza, and Zekrom/Reshiram only have one of them in existence canonically. The mechanics behind Mewtwo and Rayquaza keep this in line with canon. In addition to canon lore, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, and Zekrom/Reshiram are considered Uber. While the devs could just program them in as banned, which they have, they want to preserve rarity and make them feel special. From my understanding of past discussions on the topic, there will be a lot of legends that are permanently obtainable but they will be extremely rare and obtainable only in their respective dungeons. Legendary Pokemon are on the same level as Legendary Equipment in other MMOs. They wouldn't be legendary or special if literally everyone could get them with little effort.

Let's see ... when pokémon was born, I was there, when the special and physical category was differentiated, I was also there, when the psychic guy was invensible I was there and when the vest appeared assault I was one of those who did not understand how all they conceived Muk in that instance. This topic has been discussed several times but I have not seen that it has been raised with the necessary arguments and maturity. The games speak for themselves, we speak of pokémon that can not be raised and belong to a tier that everyone here does not know. Nothing would be easier if they were enabled, just pay a little attention to the competitive and current goal and see what I mean.

7 hours ago, Cacha said:

Let's see ... when pokémon was born, I was there, when the special and physical category was differentiated, I was also there, when the psychic guy was invensible I was there and when the vest appeared assault I was one of those who did not understand how all they conceived Muk in that instance.

damn can you give me an autograph? Woah.

On 7/13/2019 at 7:25 AM, Cacha said:

Let's see ... when pokémon was born, I was there, when the special and physical category was differentiated, I was also there, when the psychic guy was invensible I was there and when the vest appeared assault I was one of those who did not understand how all they conceived Muk in that instance. This topic has been discussed several times but I have not seen that it has been raised with the necessary arguments and maturity. The games speak for themselves, we speak of pokémon that can not be raised and belong to a tier that everyone here does not know. Nothing would be easier if they were enabled, just pay a little attention to the competitive and current goal and see what I mean.

I've explained it very well but I can elaborate for you since it seems that there is a misunderstanding here.

1) The games were designed to be a social, single player experience, but the majority of mechanics in the games can be experienced by a single player. The only exception is the Entree which requires a second person. Aside from version exclusive species, you experience the full game regardless of the version you've purchased. This was how the games were built and developed. You don't ever have to trade or battle or interact with any other players if you don't want to. The only real thing that keeps you from doing is completing the Pokedex. That's it.

2) Legendary Pokemon are akin to the rarest equipment you can find in any MMO. This means that not everyone can have access to it and that you will have to grind for access. If everyone has immediate, or very easy, access to it then it's not legendary anymore. It's the same as anything else. Doing this for Legendary Pokemon would undermine their entire canon history with respect to the vanilla games, anime, manga, and every other media Pokemon has ever produced stating such.

2a) The only reason why the vanilla games don't do this with legends and allow everyone to access them with little effort is because of point 1.

3) Given that this is an MMO adaptation of the vanilla games, some mechanics will have to be altered to suit the MMO experience. There is no getting away from that. An MMO has aspects that a largely single player experience does not have. The most notable aspect is that there is now an economy that needs to be balanced.

4) You are the only one who is lacking any sort of substantial argument or maturity in these discussions. Calling anyone else out on it while simultaneously degrading others who have explained what I have also explained makes you a hypocrite. It's been discussed several times and every time it bears restating that the dev team has plans for them. Those plans will take time because they require careful balancing and design to ensure that the rewards are worth the effort to obtain them while keeping legendary Pokemon special and rare. That is the biggest challenge faced by designing dungeons. It's not a unique challenge either. Any game with dungeons has to balance effort, risk, and reward for the players and it takes so much time to get those in line.

They are discussing something with hundreds of arguments believing that they are right when 20 years ago since the franchise started in the original games where there are not thousands like here, but millions of players the story is different and none of this is discussed, you can see that They really have no idea what they are talking about xD.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:56 AM, XelaKebert said:

I've explained it very well but I can elaborate for you since it seems that there is a misunderstanding here.

1) The games were designed to be a social, single player experience, but the majority of mechanics in the games can be experienced by a single player. The only exception is the Entree which requires a second person. Aside from version exclusive species, you experience the full game regardless of the version you've purchased. This was how the games were built and developed. You don't ever have to trade or battle or interact with any other players if you don't want to. The only real thing that keeps you from doing is completing the Pokedex. That's it.

2) Legendary Pokemon are akin to the rarest equipment you can find in any MMO. This means that not everyone can have access to it and that you will have to grind for access. If everyone has immediate, or very easy, access to it then it's not legendary anymore. It's the same as anything else. Doing this for Legendary Pokemon would undermine their entire canon history with respect to the vanilla games, anime, manga, and every other media Pokemon has ever produced stating such.

2a) The only reason why the vanilla games don't do this with legends and allow everyone to access them with little effort is because of point 1.

3) Given that this is an MMO adaptation of the vanilla games, some mechanics will have to be altered to suit the MMO experience. There is no getting away from that. An MMO has aspects that a largely single player experience does not have. The most notable aspect is that there is now an economy that needs to be balanced.

4) You are the only one who is lacking any sort of substantial argument or maturity in these discussions. Calling anyone else out on it while simultaneously degrading others who have explained what I have also explained makes you a hypocrite. It's been discussed several times and every time it bears restating that the dev team has plans for them. Those plans will take time because they require careful balancing and design to ensure that the rewards are worth the effort to obtain them while keeping legendary Pokemon special and rare. That is the biggest challenge faced by designing dungeons. It's not a unique challenge either. Any game with dungeons has to balance effort, risk, and reward for the players and it takes so much time to get those in line.

You are completely crazy man, since it came out red and blue for gameboy there were pokémon that exclusive for each cartridge and evolutions by exchange just to stimulate the idea of the multiplayer format and that the experience is between more and more people, I ask you to be minimally informed before to comment or have a minimum of criteria.

35 minutes ago, Cacha said:

since it came out red and blue for gameboy there were pokémon that exclusive for each cartridge and evolutions by exchange just to stimulate the idea of the multiplayer format 

Or maybe, just maybe they weren't interested in stimulating multiplayer, but the average joe buying 3 games of each gen to complete his pokedex ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 minutes ago, Cacha said:

You are completely crazy man, since it came out red and blue for gameboy there were pokémon that exclusive for each cartridge and evolutions by exchange just to stimulate the idea of the multiplayer format and that the experience is between more and more people, I ask you to be minimally informed before to comment or have a minimum of criteria.

Let's break things down to a basic level here because there appears to be a misunderstanding, or perhaps I wasn't very clear.

In the cartridges for each generation you have a single region. That region is populated with Pokemon. You obtain a starter, collect gym badges, and capture Pokemon all within that generation's region. You battle the same villains. You battle the same gym leaders. You have access to the same Pokeathlon arena and contest halls in the generations that use those systems. It's literally the same game as everyone else. If you played Red and I played Blue, we played the same game. The only literal differences were the Pokemon enabled for those versions. Mind you that each version has the data for all Pokemon already stored in the cartridge. If you were to use a GameShark or ActionReplay you could access that data without trading. It's the same experience with the only notable difference being that you encounter slightly different sets of Pokemon in some areas. This is what I mean when I say largely single player. Nintendo could have shipped a single version of the game and it would still be Pokemon.

They speak of assumptions and conditional when game freaks and nintendo have already raised their rules in official tournaments, if you defend the criterion of a private server then it is your problem. I opened a debate and you only speak from ignorance.

15 hours ago, Cacha said:

They speak of assumptions and conditional when game freaks and nintendo have already raised their rules in official tournaments, if you defend the criterion of a private server then it is your problem. I opened a debate and you only speak from ignorance.

You can hold your opinion and tell me I'm wrong all you want, doesn't make you any more right. The fact of the matter is that if you strip out any multiplayer aspects from Pokemon, it's a traditional JRPG. Even with the multiplayer aspects, the core gameplay is that of a JRPG. You are not required to make use of the mutliplayer stuff to experience the full storyline by any means. The only real thing you miss out on is completing the Pokedex, which isn't even required as part of the core gameplay but more of an achievement for the completionists out there. The Pokemon cartridges are not like WoW where you have to party up with people to do certain dungeons and experience the full breadth of each new expansion. The base Pokemon game hold very little behind the wall of networking with other players, but it's all data you can still access by other means anyway. You opened the debate and closed your ears and eyes to facts. The very facts that have been clearly laid on the table. Your choice to ignore them is ignorance on your part. Go learn the difference between a JRPG and an MMORPG. Learn what a Minimum Viable Product is. Basically, go learn game design in general.