Regarding Shiny Hunting via Breeding

Hi everyone!

I really want a shiny charizard with my OT. I have done some research on the forum and I found out that breeding seems to be the best way to get a shiny charmander.

For the breeding process, I buy 4 charmanders and 4 dittos from GTL, and breed 4 new charmanders. If the new charmanders are not shiny, then I will buy another 4 dittos from GTL and use the 4 charmanders bred earlier to breed another 4 new charmanders again. I keep repeating these steps until I get a shiny charmander.

Is my way of breeding efficient and correct? I need advice and help from experts! (Thanks in advance!)

Besides that, can anyone here share their own experience in breeding a shiny pokemon (especially charmander), like how many attempts to get one shiny successfully?

Thank you! :D

1 hour ago, Fixedgaming said:

That is the best and most expensive method of breeding..

I got mine in 1428 eggs (  I was very very lucky! )

Hi!

Are you using Dittos as well?

If so, how much did you pay for each?

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Fixedgaming said:

I used dittos , I caught alot myself and bought boxes for 3,5k each

May I know how the boxes buying works?

You paid the seller first and he mailed them to you?

Sorry for my inexperience.

2 minutes ago, chongjb said:

May I know how the boxes buying works?

You paid the seller first and he mailed them to you?

Sorry for my inexperience.

Don't be sorry ^_^ There's plenty of people on trade chat selling boxes of ditto, just ask there! They'll generally meet you somewhere and trade them to you 5 at a time. 3.5k-4.5k is the general price per ditto and you'll need as many as you can get, given the super low odds of finding a shiny in this game.

Good luck! 

hatch 5 eggs at once for max effiency and breed put them in pc before you pull them out to breed. note this can be very annoying time consuming and expensive. my first took 54,000 eggs, 2nd took only 8500 eggs and now 40400 eggs into 3rd with no luck. dittos are usually 4k each so you do the math but last i checked i had spent around 160m in dittos alone

6 hours ago, awkways said:

hatch 5 eggs at once for max effiency and breed put them in pc before you pull them out to breed. note this can be very annoying time consuming and expensive. my first took 54,000 eggs, 2nd took only 8500 eggs and now 40400 eggs into 3rd with no luck. dittos are usually 4k each so you do the math but last i checked i had spent around 160m in dittos alone

Hi!

May I know what the 3 shinies you were breeding?