What can get you banned?

26 minutes ago, Akshit said:

You risk getting banned only if you are somehow running 2 instances of PokeMMO at the same time on the same device, apart from that, all good.

well you see I kinda use my PC, my dads laptop, and my moms phone to do the runs "simultaneously" so I don't waste time logging in back and forth.

I am getting banned?!

1 minute ago, WoriedKid15 said:

what does that mean?

That you shouldn't worry for grinding the trainers on multiple alts- I've been doing that for quite a while and I'm still playing :P

Just now, WoriedKid15 said:

well you see I kinda use my PC, my dads laptop, and my moms phone to do the runs "simultaneously" so I don't waste time logging in back and forth.

I am getting banned?!

Nah, you're fine

Edited by RysPicz
25 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

90% of the time you get banned for real-money trading (like if you sell that money for USD on paypal)

or for botting (you run a program to automatically do the battles for you)

that's about it

no interest or idea in doing that

Just now, RysPicz said:

That you shouldn't worry for grinding the trainers on multiple alts- I've been doing that for quite a while and I'm still playing :P

but do you do it simultaneously on a PC, phone and laptop?

Just now, WoriedKid15 said:

no interest or idea in doing that

but do you do it simultaneously on a PC, phone and laptop?

I used to run on 2 laptops at the same time or laptop + phone, as long as you aren't running 2 copies of MMO on one device you should be totally fine

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 4:15 AM, Akshit said:

You risk getting banned only if you are somehow running 2 instances of PokeMMO at the same time on the same device, apart from that, all good.

thought this was brought up by a Chinese guy recently and they said as long as you're manually moving each character there's no rule against it but "they don't recommend it". whatever that's supposed to mean. They wouldn't give a clear answer but basically said its cool

2 hours ago, kasim said:

I don't recommend it,too.
If you need money ,you can just build new chars on the same account,I believe the trading between chars is safe as long as they own the same account.

Different accounts are fine too, dude. As long as they're not simultaneously logged in on the same device there's no risk of anything

On 5/21/2019 at 4:15 AM, Akshit said:

On 6/1/2019 at 10:36 AM, Dibz said:

Different accounts are fine too, dude. As long as they're not simultaneously logged in on the same device there's no risk of anything

^source for my earlier response, sorry took so long to dig up.

In summary it's perfectly legal to run 2 accounts on the same device. You won't get banned for that (at least intentionally). So @OP, you don't have to use 3 computers at once if you don't want/need to.

Edited by awkways
  • 1 year later...