Delevel Pokemon temporarily during a level cap

Raichuforyou

Question

I feel I read too many stories on here of how much the level cap has screwed over some people when they leave a region and come back to learn they accidentally leveled their Pokemon 1 level over the cap.

My idea is to have an automatic delevel for the cap. If you have a level 46 Pokemon and the cap is 44, it will automatically level down in that region and level back up to its true level once the badge has been obtained (or, the next level cap if it is an even higher leveled pokemon). Maybe limit this to only OT pokemon as well to prevent abuse 

9 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

Maybe limit this to only OT pokemon as well to prevent abuse 

The problem is, even with an OT limit the additional regions you partake in sort of become altogether redundant, because then you could just use the same fully-leveled up teams you've used in your first region to just steamroll everything without even needing to level.

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

The problem is, even with an OT limit the additional regions you partake in sort of become altogether redundant, because then you could just use the same fully-leveled up teams you've used in your first region to just steamroll everything without even needing to level.

Then maybe a limit to it having to be your OT AND from that region?

11 minutes ago, Matoka said:

This would result in the exact same in-practice results as the current system, effectively nothing would change.

This allows people who accidentally brought their pokemon over to another region to still have a chance at using them, though.

Just now, Raichu4u said:

This allows people who accidentally brought their pokemon over to another region to still have a chance at using them, though.

You stated to limit them to the region they were found in, sorry I apparently have misunderstood.