Items that make hunting more MMO-like

Dibz

Question

I've wanted to suggest this for a while: Items that improve hunting, whether it's for breeders, a specific Pokemon or shinies.

They could be something like charms or lures that, for example, make a specific type of Pokemon more likely to appear. Could be as small a boost as 10%, since that seems to be the standard for buffs in this game. They could last an hour or for a specific number of steps, and there could just be one base item which could be combined with different types of items like Mysterious Gems are. So a lure + Miracle Seed could make a lure that increases the spawn rate of all grass pokemon in the area 10% higher than those pokemon's general spawn chances.

What do you guys think? I'd like some feedback and I really think items like these would be great :D

6 answers to this question

I like the idea, the lure could be dropable in some areas or could be built by the players in a system like the one there is with the berry powder and such, pumping up another wanted recipe that is different and unique. 

This would give also a new use for the typing items, since some are a bit unnused. 

The lures could also be a new money sink.

8 hours ago, Dibz said:

What do you guys think?

It's a good idea as long as they change the method of obtaining them. The current charm items are only obtainable through event items which is pretty lame for a consumable that only lasts for an hour. 

i love this suggestion. it would really make hunting for some rarer pokemon a bit easier (for example chikorita in the hoenn safari)

however, the price of such items will be a big dilemma, since low prices would make it too easy to find certain pokemon(chanseys) and pricing it over 200k will be very inconvenient.