Jump to content
  • 0
Mcbeen

Current Issues I Have With PokeMMO

Question

First let me start by saying I greatly enjoy this game and appreciate the work the devs are doing. However I believe that the game has multiple errors or issues that are making me want to stop playing.

 

Moves

The moves Sky Drop and Volt Switch don't fuction corretly. Sky Drop is a 2 turn move first turn takes both the user and opponent into the sky turn 2 the move does it's damage. In MMO the move just does it's damage turn 1 which removes thee function of the move. Volt Switch does it's damage then forces to user to switch the pokemon with another in their team. MMO the move does damage and you cannot switch. There might be other moves but these are the two that I have seen in the past month of me playing the game.

Confusion between with generation the moves are from, leech life has it's gen 7 variant with 80 base power instead of its original 20 but Knock Off still has its 20 base power but the move was changed in gen 6 to do 65. Again these are the only issues I've noticed but more might exsist.

Using Sweet Scent as a field move uses 5 PP. This allows 4 sweet scent uses between returns to the pokemon centre. Why sweet scent has to use PP has no reason other that to slow down the pace of the game.

 

Items

Not sure where to but this part but as it links to item grinding I'll put it here. Thief and Covet "breaking" an item if you one shot an enemy. This is such a stupid mechanic, not only do the items only have a 5% chance of showing in the first place the fact that the only way to get the items effectively is by catching the pokemon this decreases the possible proffit from the the item by a large amount.

The pokemart prices have been increased. A revive in normal pokemon costs $1500 in all but gen 7 in which is costs $2000 but in MMO it costs $3250. You don't get any more money from trainer battles so why increase the prices.

 

Difficulty

With the changes to the shop this limits the amount of items you can get by a large amount. This normally wouldn't be an issue but with the changes to other mechanics it makes the game so much harder.

AI being allowed hidden abilites while players cannot. This gives the AI an advantage over players.

AI seems to have increased chance forr thee secondary effects on moves. I don't think I've ever been hit by a body slam that hasn't paralyzed.

The Rival and Gym battles have more/different pokemon. This makes preparing for the battle almost a wild guess.

The AI has been "Improved" with obvious bot hacks. For example the enemy is quicker than me and will kill me with his move but I can kill with this priority move. So I use the priority move and they decide to heal which makes me lose next turn. Or I don't go for the priority move and the AI hits me making me lose this turn. This makes some normal 50/50 situations a very one sided 100% to the AI

 

Wiki

I don't know if there is an offical wiki or not but the best one I can find is http://en.pokemmo.shoutwiki.com/wiki/PokeMMO_Wiki:Main_page

This wiki is very outdated and which certian mechanics and things changed a wiki is very much needed to get any information. If a wiki does exsist that is updated a link is very much needed

 

Training Pokemon

This links in to EV and IV training

To start with EVs. Why have the EV training items been changed. The power items are meant to give bonus evs but have been changed to make IVs stay when breeding. Whats wrong with using the Destiny Knot for IV passing LIKE THE ACTUAL GAMES.

Breeding has been changed. I love when my pokemon make me a new egg but are required to be removed from existance for it to happen. This is such a bad change and makes me not want to do any breeding in this game.

 

Can somebody address these issues with either a solution or a reason as to why the changes exsit past "it's a mmo it needs grinding". Due to these issues I'm going to "enjoy" going threw my two favourite regions (Hoenn and Unova) with my mates but I cannot see any of us playing the game after completing the leauge due to the amount of endless grinding that will be required 

Share this post


Link to post

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

A lot of the things you mentioned are for balancing purposes, as you said yourself it's an MMO and needs grinding. 

 

59 minutes ago, Mcbeen said:

To start with EVs. Why have the EV training items been changed.

We have the Macho Brace which doubles EVs gained, so with how easy EV training is with hordes, you don't need the braces. As for breeding, losing the parents is another mechanic for balancing. If this wasn't in the game you could just breed two perfect Pokémon and pump out unlimited 6x31's which is obviously unhealthy for an MMO. 

 

1 hour ago, Mcbeen said:

This wiki is very outdated and which certian mechanics and things changed a wiki is very much needed to get any information.

Most of the things you need to know is either in-game in your Pokedex or here on the forums. Mechanic changes can be found in the changelogs and pretty much everything else in the guide tavern.

 

1 hour ago, Mcbeen said:

Why sweet scent has to use PP has no reason other that to slow down the pace of the game.

Yet another change for balancing. Sweet Scent is used for EV training and shiny hunting, so they put a restriction on how much you're able to abuse it, which makes things such as Leppa Berries valuable.

 

1 hour ago, Mcbeen said:

leech life has it's gen 7 variant with 80 base power instead of its original 20 but Knock Off still has its 20 base power but the move was changed in gen 6 to do 65.

In gen 6 we had mega evolutions and fairy types, which helped balance the increased Knock Off damage. Here we have neither of those things so updating Knock Off would cause a lot of problems in competitive play. 

 

1 hour ago, Mcbeen said:

Thief and Covet "breaking" an item if you one shot an enemy. This is such a stupid mechanic

It prevents you from having a level 100 and just spamming Thief for an easy profit, besides we have the ability Frisk so item farming is already easy enough. 

 

1 hour ago, Mcbeen said:

 I cannot see any of us playing the game after completing the leauge due to the amount of endless grinding that will be required 

We don't have much post-game content so that's really all there is, grinding. 

 

I tried to answer as much as I could so I hope I helped you realize why these changes were made, I avoided questions like "why is the game harder" because things like that should be obvious considering it's an MMO and they don't want you running through the game without a challenge. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mcbeen said:

Moves

The moves Sky Drop and Volt Switch don't fuction corretly. Sky Drop is a 2 turn move first turn takes both the user and opponent into the sky turn 2 the move does it's damage. In MMO the move just does it's damage turn 1 which removes thee function of the move. Volt Switch does it's damage then forces to user to switch the pokemon with another in their team. MMO the move does damage and you cannot switch. There might be other moves but these are the two that I have seen in the past month of me playing the game.

Confusion between with generation the moves are from, leech life has it's gen 7 variant with 80 base power instead of its original 20 but Knock Off still has its 20 base power but the move was changed in gen 6 to do 65. Again these are the only issues I've noticed but more might exsist.

Using Sweet Scent as a field move uses 5 PP. This allows 4 sweet scent uses between returns to the pokemon centre. Why sweet scent has to use PP has no reason other that to slow down the pace of the game.

 

Items

Not sure where to but this part but as it links to item grinding I'll put it here. Thief and Covet "breaking" an item if you one shot an enemy. This is such a stupid mechanic, not only do the items only have a 5% chance of showing in the first place the fact that the only way to get the items effectively is by catching the pokemon this decreases the possible proffit from the the item by a large amount.

 

 

Training Pokemon

This links in to EV and IV training

To start with EVs. Why have the EV training items been changed. The power items are meant to give bonus evs but have been changed to make IVs stay when breeding. Whats wrong with using the Destiny Knot for IV passing LIKE THE ACTUAL GAMES.

Breeding has been changed. I love when my pokemon make me a new egg but are required to be removed from existance for it to happen. This is such a bad change and makes me not want to do any breeding in this game.

 

Volt Switch works perfectly fine for anyone who's not an NPC. For some reason it doesn't function properly for NPCs, but since you think the game is already too difficult, i dont see why you'd think this is problematic. Sweet Scent costs PP because it's used for shinyhunting, it prevents you from spamming sweet scent for free and is pretty necessary in an MMO format. That being said, I'm in favor of some sort of more logical spending of the sweet scent PP, such as 3 PP for a 3 mons horde, 5 for a 5 mon horde etc. 

 

Covet and Thief also work fine, it just forces you to get a little creative with what mon you use to thief. If you could just use a powerful level 100 mon, you'd be able to farm forever and that would decrease value of these items. I have 5 mons with thief/covet, each with their own level/ability (damp for example), because different items require a different approach. There's no problem here.

 

Macho brace is the item that gives you bonus EVs, i have no idea why you would even want specific items for each stat when this exists. As far as breeding goes, what you are describing is basically cloning instead of breeding, I dont think I need to explain to you why this is a bad idea in an MMO. 

 

big smh

Edited by Minks
j

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Most of those points are like that in this game to fit into an MMO enviroment.

 

The one thing that seems to be true is the secondary effects activation, at this point whenever I'm doing gym re runs and I don't see "x pokemon's static" it makes me feel like I missed a high jump kick as that prompt always pops up.

 Ice types are a nightmare in battle frontier due to that, I know it could be bad luck but seeing it around 3 turns in a row (due to shed skin) makes it seem that it's not just bad luck, since freezes are what chances? 5 or 10?

 

As for hidden abilities, npcs have them which means they are in the game and the big majority of them work properly,  they just need a way to introduce them, no matter what they do it'll spoil some of our old pokemon and annoy people causing more complaints, so they gotta do a way that doesn't cause as much backlash I guess.

 

 

 

Edited by Arielle

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.