Limit the amount of Chinese characters sent

Ryu

Question

Due to the large size of Chinese characters, often in the trade channel, players who often want to attract attention are occupying the trade channel.

Many players will be bothered and even disgusted and seriously polluted the environment of the trading channel.

So I hope we can limit the amount of Chinese characters sent,don't let a single ad occupy the entire trading channel.

kl.png

If everyone is doing this for more attention, is it really ok?

Edited by Hao
Supplementary sample image

15 answers to this question

4 hours ago, TohnR said:

Why @Takens ? This honestly looks like a good suggestion. I don't have chinese chat activated however @Hao seems to know what he's talking about ^^

3 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

Definitely agree with this. We can barely send over a line of text but Chinese can send 4 lines? Doesn't seem right...

11 hours ago, Hao said:

Due to the large size of Chinese characters, often in the trade channel, players who often want to attract attention are occupying the trade channel.

Many players will be bothered and even disgusted and seriously polluted the environment of the trading channel.

So I hope we can limit the amount of Chinese characters sent,don't let a single ad occupy the entire trading channel.

kl.png

If everyone is doing this for more attention, is it really ok?

The server got over populated with the implementation of Android servers and this lead to many stuff involving chat, economy, shinies, and competitive scene.

As much as i don't like this the only way to solve it is to make separate servers for the chinesse and the rest of the world like we already do with their forums, but that would be excluding them from us. i know how you all feel but idk if there is other way to solve it.

8 hours ago, TohnR said:

Why @Takens ? This honestly looks like a good suggestion. I don't have chinese chat activated however @Hao seems to know what he's talking about ^^

This is just to test the upper limit of Chinese characters.

6 hours ago, Takens said:

The server got over populated with the implementation of Android servers and this lead to many stuff involving chat, economy, shinies, and competitive scene.

As much as i don't like this the only way to solve it is to make separate servers for the chinesse and the rest of the world like we already do with their forums, but that would be excluding them from us. i know how you all feel but idk if there is other way to solve it.

As long as you reduce the upper limit of Chinese characters, you can solve this problem. I don't agree to open a separate server for Chinese players. Is this isolation?

12 hours ago, TohnR said:

Lmao why you start being radical all of a sudden Takens. The guy is saying reduce the amount of max characters a message can contain would solve it and you start saying put the chinese on another serv you've completely lost it dude ... You're not even making an argument there.

I'm always radical kappa nah now fr i don't think they are going to do anything about that problem.

i guess people doesn't get sarcasm anymore.

In another words the Chinese are trying to sell their stuff if you don't like them using as much characters well use the GTL is their language and there is nothing to do about it.

Edited by Takens
1 hour ago, Takens said:

I'm always radical kappa nah now fr i don't think they are going to do anything about that problem.

In another words the Chinese are trying to sell their stuff if you don't like them using as much characters well use the GTL is their language and there is nothing to do about it.

But there is. I use trade chat in chinese a lot and chat with chinese people to buy and sell a lot of stuff and trust me when I say this: most chinese sentences take one line of characters. What they're doing on trade chat is maximizing the attention they get by taking up as much space as they possibly can, same with the trend of linking a rare shiny at the end of their message saying (nosell)

Edited by Dibz
6 hours ago, Dibz said:

But there is. I use trade chat in chinese a lot and chat with chinese people to buy and sell a lot of stuff and trust me when I say this: most chinese sentences take one line of characters. What they're doing on trade chat is maximizing the attention they get by taking up as much space as they possibly can, same with the trend of linking a rare shiny at the end of their message saying (nosell)

Maximizing attention to sell is one thing but just linking in trade chat with a rare shiny saying stupid stuff should be punished. (attention seekers)

3 hours ago, Takens said:

Maximizing attention to sell is one thing but just linking in trade chat with a rare shiny saying stupid stuff should be punished. (attention seekers)

That's pretty much the same thing given most things said are run-on sentences, irrelevant and/or linking "nosell" shinies for (according to the CN players I've asked about this) a "brand"

16 minutes ago, Asterrrr said:

They should be warned or muted for spamming. I know their sentences take a lot of symbols or whatever they are, but if you look at the photo you see that guy is spamming and that must not be allowed

First of all, this is an example.

Secondly, not every time period has a staff tour, to send Chinese characters automatically to [CN] language as an example,and they did not violate the rules, just to pay more attention, inadvertently affected others.

This is done for players in other languages to have a better trading environment.

Edited by Hao
On 5/16/2019 at 8:30 PM, Takens said:

he server got over populated with the implementation of Android servers and this lead to many stuff involving chat, economy, shinies, and competitive scene.

it was not the android. They were here already pre-android FYI.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:30 PM, Takens said:

As much as i don't like this the only way to solve it is to make separate servers for the chinesse and the rest of the world

It's not. It's to implement solutions that fit a larger population. The server was not prepared for a population this big to join, therefor the impact it had on everything, devs just need to be devs, and not potatoes for once.

On 5/17/2019 at 6:02 PM, Takens said:

You don't know the definition of this word.

3 hours ago, Asterrrr said:

Do you realize what a mess the chst would be if everyone spammed the way the guy in the photo did just because it isn't breaking any rule?

Hao is one of the oldest chinese players in existence that I know of, older than him, only Qiuxin but he barely logs nowadays, and if him, from the chinese community is complaining, it means it's an issue for everyone.

Edited by razimove