Elite Four has moves it shouldnt

Angron936

Question

Hey, I have been a player for 2-3 Years and spent a lot of time leveling and evolving to fill my Pokédex. I decided to do the Elite four in Hoenn because of the 'Level Cap' so I can evolve certain Pokémon. Anyway the point is Sidney's Swiftry is faster than my Hitmonchan and Beedrill on this but on the Actual Game it doesn't. It always seems to have a move to counter my team which are Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Hurricane, Flamethrower and Thunderpunch...... Erm it can't learn Flamethrower, I have Goldex on my phone so I can see what Pokémon can learn to plan my team. Also it knows 5 moves which it shouldn't. 

The Ice lady (I forgot her name) is also too far. It is meant to be Gen 3 so why does she and Agatha have Gen 4-5 Pokémon like Frolass and Dusknoir. Knife defeats the purpose of the Hoenn Elite Four, I would understand if it was for rematches like in the actual games but nope. Great to see that Victreebell is not only Slower than. Walrein but also not effective, same with Hitmonchan and Beedrill. Nidoking I will let slide cos he isn't exactly fast nor slow. 

I haven't even gotten to Dragon and Champion yet but I bet there is more things that shouldn't be there. I read a post about a Haunter being faster than an Alakazam earlier. With a 5-6 level gap. The Pokémon have be boosted, I can always check online to see the stats of Pokémon at the levels they are using against my own Pokémons and theirs are higher than they should be. 

Apart from the Elite Four being made to be insanely difficult and annoying. It really is a great game to play, I enjoy it thoroughly apart from the one aspect of the Elite Four knowing everything you have, will use, what you swap to, magically being strong against moves it's weak to and so on. Is there anyway you could put them either back to how they are meant to be our give level increase but put the stats back to how they should be and not have Gen 1 and 3 using Gen 4-5 Pokémon cos it is really unfair and deters people from wanting to carry on and progress. Another suggestion would be get rid of the Level Caps or increase them to 65-70 to give the player a chance 

Thanks for reading this :)

3 answers to this question

The E4 leaders use AI to calculate their damage and pick the hardest hitting move. It's not random like the cartridge games.

Same goes for the team they use, it's based on a theme (agatha still uses ghosts), but it's not identical to the cartridge games.

Also, the pokes have medium IVs and an efficient EV spread, so they might be stronger than yours.

How to beat it... Use teambuilding and pick types that counter the E4 leader theme.

2 hours ago, Angron936 said:

I have Goldex on my phone so I can see what Pokémon can learn to plan my team. Also it knows 5 moves which it shouldn't. 

You should check the in game dex as 3rd party resources will not be accurate for PokeMMO as the game uses a different moveset. Are you positive about Flamethrower and Thunderpunch being used?

The other 3 moves are possible for Shiftry to learn as Shiftry has them in its Gen 7 move list. I believe the rule for movepools is that they are based on Gen 7 so long as the move existed in Gen 5, or something of that nature.

It is meant to be Gen 3 so why does she and Agatha have Gen 4-5 Pokémon like Frolass and Dusknoir

The Elite 4 teams aren't set like they were in the cartridge games. They now have a few different teams. Most, if not all, of the teams in the Elite 4 and gym leaders use Pokemon that are canon in some manner.

I read a post about a Haunter being faster than an Alakazam earlier. With a 5-6 level gap. The Pokémon have be boosted, I can always check online to see the stats of Pokémon at the levels they are using against my own Pokémons and theirs are higher than they should be. 

If it's the post I think you are referring to, the poster was not completely honest about their Alakazam's stats and made rash assumptions about the stats of the Haunter.

3 hours ago, Angron936 said:

The Pokémon have be boosted, I can always check online to see the stats of Pokémon at the levels they are using against my own Pokémons and theirs are higher than they should be. 

The stats have never been boosted above what is possible for their stat build, ever. That would be simply unfair. Furthermore, if the stats were boosted above what is legal for their builds, the below would not have been possible at all.

5 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Furthermore, if the stats were boosted above what is legal for their builds, the below would not have been possible at all.

Nor my 6 bidoof Hoenn run

5 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

I believe the rule for movepools is that they are based on Gen 7 so long as the move existed in Gen 5,

Yup, That's exactly it