Questions on Simultaneous accounts

Hi,guys,I have been playing this game more than 8 months ,i love it and really appreciate the rules of game,My English is not good and i will try my best to express my questions.

Usually,we cant play more than 1 account on pc or laptop,but recently i found some players use Network Swimming Accelerator(tencent) that they can play more than 1

account on pc. For example,a player open 5 accounts to hunt shiny,the first account uses Sweet Aroma,and then  select the second game interface , and the second account 

also  uses Sweet Aroma while the previous account is in cutscenes. And so on. 

So my question can be simplified like that:

Act1:playing game with one account - on -one device, like  1 account on 1 pc ,or  2 accounts on different devices  by just same person same time.

Act2:playing game with many accounts  -on - one device ,like  X(X>1) accounts  on  the same device by just same person same time.

If i play 1 account on pc and another account on smartphone together , is it illegal?

If i play game like Action 2 ,is it illegal?

Thank you for answering me.

Edited by BlueNose
3 hours ago, SecretDjinn said:

Good day BlueNose--As long as all accounts are being manually operated, it is legal. However we do not encourage using multiple accounts on the same device.

Meaning splitting your desktop into multiple ones with a 3rd party program? And if yes do you not encourage it or is it straight up against the rules? I am asking because we had a discussion about this with a friend not long ago and everyone that we asked about it wasn't able to give a clear answer. 

From my understanding of it, as long as there's no automation or key mirroring involved it should be fine. @awkways and I were having a discussion about that a month or two ago. As Djinn said, you just have to make sure you're manually controlling each character independently, so using your laptop and smartphone should be fine.

Though if multiple accounts are simultaneously logged onto the same device, staff might misinterpret it as automation/mirroring and permaban you. So in my opinion it's best not to risk it.

Keep hunting and you'll get a shiny anyway, so it's just better safe than sorry, right?

Edited by Dibz
16 minutes ago, Dazuzi said:

Meaning splitting your desktop into multiple ones with a 3rd party program? And if yes do you not encourage it or is it straight up against the rules? I am asking because we had a discussion about this with a friend not long ago and everyone that we asked about it wasn't able to give a clear answer. 

From my understanding of it, as long as there's no automation or key mirroring involved it should be fine. @awkways and I were having a discussion about that a month or two ago. As Djinn said, you just have to make sure you're manually controlling each character independently, so using your laptop and smartphone should be fine.

Though if multiple accounts are simultaneously logged onto the same device, staff might misinterpret it as automation/mirroring and permaban you. So in my opinion it's best not to risk it.

Keep hunting and you'll get a shiny anyway, so it's just better safe than sorry, right?

5 minutes ago, Dibz said:

ty,@Dibz @SecertDjinn, i have got the point---- manually. But i suggest that multiple accounts on the same device should be banned.

1 minute ago, Dibz said:

I am not talking about automation, what I am asking is how the staff views splitting a singular pc into multiple virtual pcs in order to bypass the 1 device 1 client policy. I am aware that playing manually on 2 devices at once is allowed.

3 minutes ago, Dibz said:

I am interested in a clear answer out of my own curiosity, especially since answers such as 'better be safe than sorry' was all that I heard so far, not because I am using this or am planning to abuse what I mentioned for my own benefit in the future.

6 hours ago, Dazuzi said:

I am not talking about automation, what I am asking is how the staff views splitting a singular pc into multiple virtual pcs in order to bypass the 1 device 1 client policy. I am aware that playing manually on 2 devices at once is allowed.

I am interested in a clear answer out of my own curiosity, especially since answers such as 'better be safe than sorry' was all that I heard so far, not because I am using this or am planning to abuse what I mentioned for my own benefit in the future.

I won't be able to give you a definitive answer since I'm not staff, but I guess I should clarify what I meant to say:

From my understanding of the rules, it's perfectly legal to log into more than one account from the same device if you have the ability to do so. The reason I said "better safe than sorry" was because you could still get banned from a misunderstanding of the situation and stay banned for however long it takes staff to view and investigate your bank appeal. But as long as there's no automation or macros involved, you're not violating anything in the code of conduct. 

@Kyu @Desu I'm sorry for the tag but could one of you tell me if I'm right in my understanding of the rules? 

3 hours ago, Dibz said:

From my understanding of the rules, it's perfectly legal to log into more than one account from the same device if you have the ability to do so. The reason I said "better safe than sorry" was because you could still get banned from a misunderstanding of the situation and stay banned for however long it takes staff to view and investigate your bank appeal. But as long as there's no automation or macros involved, you're not violating anything in the code of conduct

I heard from multiple people that it's bannable, mainly because of an old post where Desu supposedly said so - I haven't searched for the post, nor seen it, but I heard the same thing from a couple friends and I have no reason to assume that they made it up.

The 1 client per 1 device restriction also seems intentional, but every time we asked the GMs in-game about it, it's always some vague 'we don't encourage it, etc' answer, so at this point I really don't know.

8 hours ago, JustAsking23 said:

wait you can do that?! you mean I could trade with myself?! not be cheated or wait forever?!

Just saying but scamming is ban worthy so you shouldn't have much issue with trade evolution. Just ask in the public chat for help and you should find someone very quickly and in the event that he/she try to fuck you over by stealing it you can report it and the staff should be able to get it back for you.

5 hours ago, Quakkz said:

Well If you do action on one account and it automatically replicates this Action in all Others Accounts that is automatization for sure

Wouldn't that make berry farming nice. Imo running multiple accounts on the same device at the same time should not be allowed at all for obvious reasons. Even if it's not automization like Quakkz stated. 

36 minutes ago, Goku said:

Wouldn't that make berry farming nice. Imo running multiple accounts on the same device at the same time should not be allowed at all for obvious reasons. Even if it's not automization like Quakkz stated. 

I see your point. I can definitely agree with it. But like, wouldn't people lucky enough to have multiple devices have that advantage anyway? I simultaneously do gym runs and berry farms on both my phone and laptop. I'm manually moving both of them one at a time but still working twice as fast as if I were to run one account, log out and do another one. What about people with iPhones? Cause I can do this and they can't, wouldn't it be unfair to them? Also, I do trade things to my alts to store a lot, usually entire boxes of ditto that'd be a huuuuge drag to mail to them or use a middleman.

Not dismissing or disagreeing with your opinion, just taking the discussion a bit further. I personally see using multiple desktops and multiple devices the same way, and they're arguably just as easy to simultaneously run.

But this also makes sense:

1 hour ago, Dazuzi said:

The 1 client per 1 device restriction also seems intentional

It'd make sense if it wasn't allowed, so I'd appreciate a dev's input on this as well. 

Edited by Dibz
9 minutes ago, Dibz said:

But this also makes sense:

It'd make sense if it wasn't allowed, so I'd appreciate a dev's input on this as well. 

Back when I was a GM it wasn’t not allowed, but we did discourage against it, and there was a concrete reason as to why. Dunno if it has changed since I left.

Just now, Gilan said:

Back when I was a GM it wasn’t not allowed, but we did discourage against it, and there was a concrete reason as to why. Dunno if it has changed since I left.

Yeah but what is 'we discourage against it', I think this should be a yes/no thing. Ultimately, it's simply either against the rules or it is not. 

1 minute ago, Dazuzi said:

Yeah but what is 'we discourage against it', I think this should be a yes/no thing. Ultimately, it's simply either against the rules or it is not. 

‘we discourage against it’ = we don’t think you should do it, but it’s up to you.

9 minutes ago, Gilan said:

‘we discourage against it’ = we don’t think you should do it, but it’s up to you.

I fully understand the meaning behind it, lol. The vagueness of the answer is precisely why I would like a clear answer on this, because to me 'we don't encourage it' is simply a yes. But if the answer is yes, why add the extra discouragement.

My point is that this should be either allowed or not allowed, not encouraged or discouraged.

Edited by Dazuzi
Grammar.