DND (Do Not Disturb) to Some People and Not to Others

Question

Title says it all; it would be helpful if you're on some serious conversation or something in your PMs and you only want to receive select people's PMs and not have to go completely out of DND to talk to them. (I probably just am a dumdum and this might already exist as a special command or something that I might not know of, but IDK lol)

My proposed way of implementing this would be to have DND as its own separate tab under Community (keeping the DND command around for a quick DND, of course), and once you click on it, a little box or something pops up that allows you to tick whether you want to DND to everyone, to only a select few people, or to everyone except a select few people. Then you type the name of the person/people that you want to appear as DND to or that you want to exclude from DND, press Enter or click on "Add", and his/her/their name(s) would appear on a list with a little X nearby each name to remove a person from your list later on if you want. Under the list, there should be a little text box where you can type a DND message like how you could type something up after you type /dnd. Once every setting is tuned to your liking, click on the "DND On/Off" toggle button thingy and DND would work according to your preferred settings. Lastly, a "Clear DND settings" button next or below the "DND On/Off" toggle button thingy wouldn't hurt, and an "Undo" button for mistakes or something wouldn't hurt, either.

Annnnnd voila, my sermon of a suggestion lol

3 answers to this question

9 hours ago, MGRazor said:

only want to receive select people's PMs

Right clic on the player name and select Whisper Window or Whisper Box (Im spanish idk which is....) but that should be enought for what are you looking for

14 minutes ago, Exodos said:

Right clic on the player name and select Whisper Window or Whisper Box (Im spanish idk which is....) but that should be enought for what are you looking for

Would be, but I'm talking PMs as a whole, like the notification and such (and personally even if I whisper window, the window tends to stop working all of a sudden at any random point and I would still have to open up the chat box anyways, at least everytime I tried using it :/)

I like the idea of making exceptions to DND mode! I usually invite friends to a link when I'm on DND and use link chat with them, but this is nice, letting certain friends (and not just staff smh) bypass your DND mode. Convenient, happy, and all it'd probably take is an extra tab in chat settings!