Question about legendaries.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:01 AM, BoltBlades12 said:

The sooner we get legendaries and dungeons, the easier it’ll be for everyone. Not exactly in terms of gameplay, but more so in terms of less things we need concern of being promised then being forced to wait 4-5 years.

It’ll also be one less thing to worry about.

How dare devs take time to develop things??? They're doing this on purpose! Why can't they just make and release legends and dungeons already????? What a ripoff

15 minutes ago, Dibz said:

How dare devs take time to develop things??? They're doing this on purpose! Why can't they just make and release legends and dungeons already????? What a ripoff

It’s not the fact that they should rush with it(like games such as Sonic 06 were, and we saw how good that was), it’s that at this rate, nobody knows if they’re working on it.

As @Darkshade said before, they halted development on it to ban RMTers and botters. And also to do other smaller things.

So again at this point, nobody knows if they’re ACTUALLY working on it, or just leaving it in the dust again like they usually do for the features people actually want.

If we had even some reassurance that they were working on it, and not putting it aside for less significant matters, then there would be much less impatience.

Which is why a time ago, I suggested they make a devs log so we know what they’re working on currently, and what’s going to be worked on after what’s being worked on is complete.

Edited by BoltBlades12
2 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

It’s not the fact that they should rush with it(like games such as Sonic 06 were, and we saw how good that was), it’s that at this rate, nobody knows if they’re working on it.

As @Darkshade said before, they halted development on it to ban RMTers and botters. And also to do other smaller things.

So again at this point, nobody knows if they’re ACTUALLY working on it, or just leaving it in the dust again like they usually do for the features people actually want.

If we had even some reassurance that they were working on it, and not putting it aside for less significant matters, then there would be much less impatience.

Which is why a time ago, I suggested they make a devs log so we know what they’re working on currently, and what’s going to be worked on after what’s being worked on is complete.

If something major has been stated to be in development, e.g. a new region was recently teased, if no one states that it is explicitly cancelled then it is safe to assume it is going to be added to the game still.

Dungeons are the same, there has been no mention of development of dungeons being cancelled, you are verbatim quoting people explaining that development was delayed due to the ban waves, never once did anyone ever say "Because we had to handle ban waves we have given up on X content."

Using you as an example, with dungeons for instance, Developer blogs with planned features to be added to the game become a checklist which people simply complain about until the thing that THEY specifically want is added in a patch, it also takes away time from actually working on the game to curate the dev blog itself.
Because people are impatient and insistent that things happen sooner it makes things like dev blogs less appealing to create, such as the following hypothetical:

"Why did you add the PvP content that has been on the Dev blog for a year now?! I don't care about PvP! I want more PvE Features!" Says Person A.
One patch later:
"Why did you add the PvE content on the Dev Blog!? I don't care about PvE! I want the rest of the PvP content!" Says Person B.

I hope you now understand why a Dev Blog does not currently exist and also acknowledge this reassurance that, unless stated otherwise, it is safe to assume that Dungeons are a still a planned feature to the game.  

2 hours ago, Matoka said:

If something major has been stated to be in development, e.g. a new region was recently teased, if no one states that it is explicitly cancelled then it is safe to assume it is going to be added to the game still.

Dungeons are the same, there has been no mention of development of dungeons being cancelled, you are verbatim quoting people explaining that development was delayed due to the ban waves, never once did anyone ever say "Because we had to handle ban waves we have given up on X content."

Using you as an example, with dungeons for instance, Developer blogs with planned features to be added to the game become a checklist which people simply complain about until the thing that THEY specifically want is added in a patch, it also takes away time from actually working on the game to curate the dev blog itself.
Because people are impatient and insistent that things happen sooner it makes things like dev blogs less appealing to create, such as the following hypothetical:

"Why did you add the PvP content that has been on the Dev blog for a year now?! I don't care about PvP! I want more PvE Features!" Says Person A.
One patch later:
"Why did you add the PvE content on the Dev Blog!? I don't care about PvE! I want the rest of the PvP content!" Says Person B.

I hope you now understand why a Dev Blog does not currently exist and also acknowledge this reassurance that, unless stated otherwise, it is safe to assume that Dungeons are a still a planned feature to the game.  

Although what you say makes sense, it still doesn’t answer my question entirely.

That being; Are dungeons being worked on right now? Or are they being delayed again?

Because there’s no sense maintaining hype for a feat that sounds like it won’t be released until 2025 at this rate.

6 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Uh, no he didn't. Darkshade said they were focusing more on combatting RMT and botting and nowhere was it even implied that no work on dungeons or sinnoh being done. 

As for "smaller stuff", you can't have new features without a working game, so as unnecessary as you think things like bug fixes are, they're not. 

And sinnoh wouldn't be announced nor would there be a plan of action right now if work was paused like you said. 

TL;DR: Dude, just stop whining and find other games you play if you don't like waiting. Devs are working as fast as they can (it's not like they have anything better to do).

Also, hasn't this thread been derailed enough already? @Matoka pls lock it before it lays eggs.

6 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

You see how you're the only one whining and constantly posting the same things over and over, every chance you get? We all want stuff, we want new features, why do you think none of us are spamming forums and the PokeMMO subreddit?

• Matoka locked this topic