Question about legendaries.

19 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

words

Your whole argument about there being multiple legendaries is meaningless because even if the inconsistent children anime that you're basing your facts on could actually be proven AKA seeing 2 legendaries on screen at once, it would still not mean anything since this game isn't based on them, but rather trying to replicate the OG games into an MMO experience.

It's very clear that you simply want legendaries and are just grasping at straws to make any form of argument, but the reality is, they are gonna be released eventually in their own way, which will be healthier for the game in the long run.

9 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

I already mentioned multiple Latias, and no it wouldn't ruin gameplay. Besides, this game is FAR from the original.

-Adjusted AI

-Ridiculously Adjusted Shiny Rate

- Inability to get Legendaries currently because they'd "break the game"

The game is not trying to BE the exact same as the original, it took several creative liberties to fit better in an MMO environment, some of which you just listed and if you thought about it rationally for a moment instead of crying 'WHEN LEGENDARIES' once every few weeks, we would have avoided having the same exact conversation for the 6th time. I frankly don't understand why don't you just go and play showdown and/or the original games in an emulator if you are so fixed on having legendaries as soon as possible.

Smh, whenever someone asks for something new in the game for the sake of diversity, like implementing legendaries etc, moral soldiers are like:  "Nope, no fun allowed, here is why "

13 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

You(and the devs) need to learn that allowing everyone the opportunity to catch the legendaries won't be the end of the world.

Now you're putting words in my mouth, really nice job paying attention here. I was pointing out how the OP's (now edited like 3x) original statement was contradictory, since he was complaining about "not having an authentic pokemon experience" but also requesting we all get to keep legendaries such as Zekrom, Mewtwo or Rayuaza. I didn't say legendaries would ruin pokemmo - I said it would ruin "the authentic pokemon experience" pretty hard, which obviously isn't what we have here. I know you get really upset about legendaries from previous threads, but please try to pay a bit more attention to what I'm actually saying. Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Dazuzi said:

Your whole argument about there being multiple legendaries is meaningless because even if the inconsistent children anime that you're basing your facts on could actually be proven AKA seeing 2 legendaries on screen at once, it would still not mean anything since this game isn't based on them, but rather trying to replicate the OG games into an MMO experience.

It's very clear that you simply want legendaries and are just grasping at straws to make any form of argument, but the reality is, they are gonna be released eventually in their own way, which will be healthier for the game in the long run.

The game is not trying to BE the exact same as the original, it took several creative liberties to fit better in an MMO environment, some of which you just listed and if you thought about it rationally for a moment instead of crying 'WHEN LEGENDARIES' once every few weeks, we would have avoided having the same exact conversation for the 6th time. I frankly don't understand why don't you just go and play showdown and/or the original games in an emulator if you are so fixed on having legendaries as soon as possible.

Honestly, I've always been under the impression that if it existed in any of the games, anime, or manga, then it is fair game; just as long as it can be canonically backed. (for example, Blaine having an Articuno which is in the Manga if I'm not mistaken).

So the fact that we've seen multiple Lugia's in the Anime, would suggest that multi legendary is ok. My counter to that, is that legendaries are still extremely scarce in the games, anime and manga, so it wouldn't make sense to have them overflowing in PokeMMO. As such, I think a reasonable compromise is to leave the higher legends and Mythical legends as unobtainable, or at least limited. While the trio legends are made available. Something along those lines.

That's at least my expectations... assuming we ever actually get legends beyond what we currently have.

And @BoltBlades12, though I can't speak for them, I don't think the devs think that introducing them would be the end of the game. Rather, I think it's just how they want to make their game, and how they want to build their Pokemon world that we play in.

On 5/8/2019 at 9:42 AM, awkways said:

Now you're putting words in my mouth, really nice job paying attention here. I was pointing out how the OP's (now edited like 3x) original statement was contradictory, since he was complaining about "not having an authentic pokemon experience" but also requesting we all get to keep legendaries such as Zekrom, Mewtwo or Rayuaza. I didn't say legendaries would ruin pokemmo - I said it would ruin "the authentic pokemon experience" pretty hard, which obviously isn't what we have here. I know you get really upset about legendaries from previous threads, but please try to pay a bit more attention to what I'm actually saying. Thanks in advance.

OP here I edited the post once for grammar lol. But my original point (if you read the post) is that you can’t use legendaries period. Not that you can’t take a legendary to the next region with you. If you read my replies you would also see that I explained this very thing to someone else. So if you would so kindly do me a favor and either learn to read a bit better before entering forums, or learn to pay attention and how to retain information you read. Thanks in advance

8 minutes ago, ShinySnorunt said:

OP here I edited the post once for grammar lol. But my original point (if you read the post) is that you can’t use legendaries period. Not that you can’t take a legendary to the next region with you. If you read my replies you would also see that I explained this very thing to someone else. So if you would so kindly do me a favor and either learn to read a bit better before entering forums, or learn to pay attention and how to retain information you read. Thanks in advance

I'm well aware you were salty that you thought you were joining vanilla pokemon black with no modifiers and found out that you had no choice to keep legendaries and wanted an outlet to complain and have someone beg you to stay - I didn't beg you to not quit, I'm sure that must've been a tough blow. This is contradictory imo as in the vanilla games there is not more than 1 of each. Is that so difficult to understand? Where did I mention taking them to another region? Please, go ahead and point that out to me, since you've been paying such close attention.

1 minute ago, awkways said:

I'm well aware you were salty that you thought you were joining vanilla pokemon black with no modifiers and found out that you had no choice to keep legendaries and wanted an outlet to complain and have someone beg you to stay - I didn't beg you to not quit, I'm sure that must've been a tough blow. This is contradictory imo as in the vanilla games there is not more than 1 of each. Is that so difficult to understand? Where did I mention taking them to another region? Please, go ahead and point that out to me, since you've been paying such close attention.

Never wanted someone to beg me to stay I promise. I’m having a perfectly fine time playing emerald on my ags101. And in the vanilla games you can keep and battle with every legendary you encounter. And In one of your previous replies you said “ how difficult would it be to go through all of hoenn with your zekrom”. This is what I am referring to when I say only a baboon would want that. You baboon. Lol. Please when you start being a meanie don’t forget all the meanie things you said when someone is a poopoo head right back. Anyway I might come back to PokeMMO after I finish a vanilla playthrough of some of the games I miss (emerald, SS, Platinum) and plus even if I didn’t I promise this community will survive, no worries there. So you can have mommy tuck you in and sleep tight now knowing that (ohh watch out I might edit something and make you look silly)

10 minutes ago, ShinySnorunt said:

And In one of your previous replies you said “ how difficult would it be to go through all of hoenn with your zekrom”.

Can you read or what? Literally go through all my comments, there's only 3 or 4 of them and like I asked, point it out to me where I said this. You're confusing me with someone else. None of my posts are edited. Learn to read. Enjoy your emerald version and cya.

5 minutes ago, awkways said:

I'll stick to calling people baboons from now on since that's appears to be ok

Must be your first forum hahaha, but anyway I think you’re right I’ve mixed you up with someone else I believe, my mistake, anyway have a great one see you one day maybe, maybe not. ( Probably ;) )

1 minute ago, ShinySnorunt said:

Must be your first forum hahaha, but anyway I think you’re right I’ve mixed you up with someone else I believe, my mistake, anyway have a great one see you one day maybe, maybe not. ( Probably ;) )

Hopefully not. Tbh this whole thread has been annoying af. I tried to make 1 point the whole time and kept getting dragged into pointless irrelevant topics. You and Boltblades have a nice day, baboons.

25 minutes ago, awkways said:

Hopefully not. Tbh this whole thread has been annoying af. I tried to make 1 point the whole time and kept getting dragged into pointless irrelevant topics. You and Boltblades have a nice day, baboons.

Nah you tried to be arrogant and act like what I was asking was something that would be blabbered from a crying 5 year old. Worst type of person rofl

14 minutes ago, ShinySnorunt said:

Nah you tried to be arrogant and act like what I was asking was something that would be blabbered from a crying 5 year old.

The way you ask it does make us think you're a blabbering, crying 5 year old, begging us to make you stay - thanks for phrasing that for me so easily. If you don't like the game or cant give it more than 5 or 10 hours before threatening to quit in 2 forum posts in a row, then by all means, c u. No ones gonna beg you to stay when you act like that. Especially when you can't even be bothered to think long enough to realize who's saying what to you.

The sooner we get legendaries and dungeons, the easier it’ll be for everyone. Not exactly in terms of gameplay, but more so in terms of less things we need concern of being promised then being forced to wait 4-5 years.

It’ll also be one less thing to worry about.

Edited by BoltBlades12
On 5/7/2019 at 10:22 PM, suigin said:

Like I said before legendaries would likely be overpowered in PVE and their implementation needs to be adjusted to avoid that scenario since devs want to keep PVE challenging.

Nobody ever said that you HAD to use legendaries in PvE. You have the choice whether or not to use legendaries in PvE. If you REALLY want to keep it challenging, you can do as some people do and leave your legendaries in the PC and do PvE without them. It’s a choice. It shouldn’t have to be enforced because, “Oh, they would be too overpowered for PvE, aka the least significant format”. Because not every person who’s plays MMO asked for a “challenge”.

“You wanna beat the E4/Champion with a Kyogre or a Giratina? Go ahead, nobody’s stopping you.”

That should be allowed since it’s not like it’s affecting anyone else’s gameplay. And if you REALLY want the challenge, you can, again, leave legendaries in the PC and not use them. Because again, not everyone who plays this game asked for a “challenge”.

I should also mention in the vanilla games, they design games like Battle Frontier and Battle Subway to where you cannot use the bigger legendaries(Kyogre, Mewtwo, Lugia, etc.) and can only use smaller ones(Latias, Zapdos, Terrakion, etc.). They can easily implement that system in MMO. So even if bigger legendaries also come with the smaller ones, the challenge still exists, especially for those game modes.

Also, it wouldn’t “break PvP”, in fact, it would actually improve it. It would not only give more spotlight to tiers such as Ubers and Anything Goes, it would also allow other mons that are currently useless to become useful(or useful become more useful). Because keep in mind, not EVERY legendary falls into ubers, or even OU in that matter.

Worst case scenario, if it concerns PvE THAT much, they could easily make dungeons accessible post-game. Whether it be on any one of the regions or all of them. Perhaps a system where you have to beat a certain region storyline to gain access to a certain legendary’s dungeon.

Like it’s been said before, legendaries are just as important in the game as any other Pokemon. Not including them because they “break the game” is a poor excuse and ruins the experience for some people.

Edited by BoltBlades12
17 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

“You wanna beat the E4/Champion with a Kyogre or a Giratina? Go ahead, nobody’s stopping you.”

That should be allowed since it’s not like it’s affecting anyone else’s gameplay.

Yes it does.

As you've pointed out here:

21 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Because not every person who’s plays MMO asked for a “challenge”.

Using these legendaries makes the game significantly easier.

Which means that the baseline for time and effort required to earn anything via battles (such as money) goes down.

Which means that more money floods into the game, which means that prices begin to inflate across the board.

It affects absolutely everyone's gameplay, you should expand your scope.

9 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Nobody ever said that you HAD to use legendaries in PvE. You have the choice whether or not to use legendaries in PvE. If you REALLY want to keep it challenging, you can do as some people do and leave your legendaries in the PC and do PvE without them. It’s a choice. It shouldn’t have to be enforced because, “Oh, they would be too overpowered for PvE, aka the least significant format”. Because not every person who’s plays MMO asked for a “challenge”.

That should be allowed since it’s not like it’s affecting anyone else’s gameplay. And if you REALLY want the challenge, you can, again, leave legendaries in the PC and not use them. Because again, not everyone who plays this game asked for a “challenge”.

Sure, but the devs WANT to make the game challenging for everyone. You don't want a challenge? Too bad PokeMMO is more challenging than the base games. Probably to foment player interaction.

Also, it wouldn’t “break PvP”, in fact, it would actually improve it. It would not only give more spotlight to tiers such as Ubers and Anything Goes, it would also allow other mons that are currently useless to become useful(or useful become more useful). Because keep in mind, not EVERY legendary falls into ubers, or even OU in that matter.

You downright ignored my previous post. Also we're trying to avoid having an Ubers tier altogether and AG only exists in no Tournament Mode fights so they pretty much only happen on Mewtwo/Rayquaza instances or whenever two newbies challenge each other along the way, they don't really affect the comp scene since there aren't any AG tours. 

I should also mention in the vanilla games, they design games like Battle Frontier and Battle Subway to where you cannot use the bigger legendaries(Kyogre, Mewtwo, Lugia, etc.) and can only use smaller ones(Latias, Zapdos, Terrakion, etc.). They can easily implement that system in MMO. So even if bigger legendaries also come with the smaller ones, the challenge still exists, especially for those game modes. 

Then people would complain about arbitrarily funneling EXP into a mon they won't be able to use. Hell some of the smaller legendaries you listed would shatter a gym just as bad as the big legendaries.

Worst case scenario, if it concerns PvE THAT much, they could easily make dungeons accessible post-game. Whether it be on any one of the regions or all of them. Perhaps a system where you have to beat a certain region storyline to gain access to a certain legendary’s dungeon. 

I assume that's what they are going to do, or at least include a similar restriction otherwise I'll look like a fool.

17 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Yes it does.

As you've pointed out here:

Using these legendaries makes the game significantly easier.

Which means that the baseline for time and effort required to earn anything via battles (such as money) goes down.

Which means that more money floods into the game, which means that prices begin to inflate across the board.

It affects absolutely everyone's gameplay, you should expand your scope.

I don't really get why they are going to be implemented then. I mean, if having legendaries is bad for the economy, for the PvE experience and the PvP one, then what's the point in getting them via dungeons?

I mean, I'd love to be able to get them. And the dungeons thing sounds like a really good idea. Besides, I know some people that would come back just because of that update. But I can't really grasp what would be the advantages of having them in game for you. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Frenum said:

I don't really get why they are going to be implemented then. I mean, if having legendaries is bad for the economy, for the PvE experience and the PvP one, then what's the point in getting them via dungeons?

I mean, I'd love to be able to get them. And the dungeons thing sounds like a really good idea. Besides, I know some people that would come back just because of that update. But I can't really grasp what would be the advantages of having them in game for you. Thanks.

This doesn't apply to all legendaries - just those that would normally fit into the 'ubers' tier.

It's these ones that we likely won't be making obtainable, but those that aren't in this tier will be.