Ghetsis Rant

Warning this is a counterproductive post.

Seriously, wtf was the thought process when forcing the level cap between gyms? I’m trying fight ghetsis and it’s damn near impossible his Pokémon are right at the same level as mine so no matter what Pokémon I have in front gets one shotted along with usually the second and third. I literally don’t get an attack in until ATLEAST my 2 Pokémon. Im on something like my 5th try now and having to recapture Zekrom after every loss makes me think the pkmnmmo devs put zero thought into the ending of black/white. I get you wanted to make the game more difficult but increasing the AI intelligence and crippling the level system in the game? Ffs all I wanted was to replay the old games vanilla with my friend. I bet if they made a vanilla multiplayer server, it would have more popularity than the modded mess they have now. Seriously consider changing these things.

I think your team might be the problem because, even though he is strong for a storyline NPC, he is not that difficult to beat.

I used this to beat him (not the best choices possible and they were all wild catch without great IVs, EVs or nature but it can give you an idea):

Krookodile

Archeops

Cofagrigus

Reuniclus

Galvantula

Zekrom (obviously)

Edited by Hythalius

starmie my dude, use starmie (teach it tbolt and ice beam) and haxorus, krook is also a neat option.

42 minutes ago, ShinySnorunt said:

Ffs all I wanted was to replay the old games vanilla with my friend

It's not their fault, they never said it was 100% loyal to the handhelds.

42 minutes ago, ShinySnorunt said:

I bet if they made a vanilla multiplayer server, it would have more popularity than the modded mess they have now.

it wouldn't. Game is easy enough as it is, you're just not doing this properly, but follow my advice above, it will help you a lot on pretty much all story lines.

I believe one of the main reasons level cap was added (and as a result make the game harder) was to effectively act as "Tutorial" for what is the end game for most players, PvP battles which will use far more well structured teams that cannot be in any form out-leveled (at least in tournament mode duels or matchmaking) so by removing the option of beating them with levels and brute force essentially it requires players to examine if their team has strong weaknesses (in your case you are getting one-shot, which means either you lack a pokemon fast enough to out-speed the pokemon one-shotting you or you lack some form of bulky pokemon that can afford to take a hit).

I will agree however that Ghetis is indeed a difficult fight, even I struggled with him and I definitely understand that it is probably made more frustrating as you have to re-capture Zekrom each time, but (in my personal opinion) this is the hardest fight in PokeMMO against a non-event NPC so if you do manage to overcome this then it should be smooth sailing for you in the future.

In regards to wanting to play the Vanilla games with a friend I will have to say that doing direct 1:1 ports that are entirely faithful to the original games would ruin the experience of multiplayer aspects, if breeding was free then everyone would have everything and little desire to work for anything, there would be no sense of progression or worth to pokemon / items which would effectively turn this into a Pokemon Showdown esque game (note how in Showdown nothing has value because everything is instantly accessible). A game designed for single-player gameplay (especially one made accessible to young children) will not translate to an MMO environment well 99.9% of the time so adjustments do need to be made.

I will leave this thread open as other players are leaving helpful suggestions on how to get past this genuinely difficult fight, so hang in there, you're almost there. c:

39 minutes ago, Matoka said:

I believe one of the main reasons level cap was added (and as a result make the game harder) was to effectively act as "Tutorial" for what is the End game for most players, PvP battles which will use far more well structured teams that cannot be in any form out-leveled (at least in tournament mode duels or matchmaking) so by removing the option of beating them with levels and brute force essentially it requires players to examine if their team has strong weaknesses (in your case you are getting one-shot, which means either you lack a pokemon fast enough to out-speed the pokemon one-shotting you or you lack some form of bulky pokemon that can afford to take a hit).

I will agree however that Ghetis is indeed a difficult fight, even I struggled with him and I definitely understand that it is probably made more frustrating as you have to re-capture Zekrom each time, but (in my personal opinion) this is the hardest fight in PokeMMO against a non-event NPC so if you do manage to overcome this then it should be smooth sailing for you in the future.

In regards to wanting to play the Vanilla games with a friend I will have to say that doing direct 1:1 ports that are entirely faithful to the original games would ruin the experience of multiplayer aspects, if breeding was free then everyone would have everything and little desire to work for anything, there would be no sense of progression or worth to pokemon / items which would effectively turn this into a Pokemon Showdown esque game (note how in Showdown nothing has value because everything is instantly accessible

). A game designed for single-player gameplay (especially one made accessible to young children) will not translate to an MMO environment well 99.9% of the time so adjustments do need to be made.

I will leave this thread open as other players are leaving helpful suggestions on how to get past this genuinely difficult fight, so hang in there, you're almost there. c:

40 minutes ago, Matoka said:

ENDGAME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXk9AguQ_QY

1 hour ago, Hythalius said:

I think your team might be the problem because, even though he is strong for a storyline NPC, he is not that difficult to beat.

I used this to beat him (not the best choices possible and they were all wild catch without great IVs, EVs or nature but it can give you an idea):

Krookodile

Archeops

Cofagrigus

Reuniclus

Galvantula

Zekrom (obviously)

man I genuinely think this is the hardest fight out of any in the Unova region. I have had literally not a single problem with N or any of the other elite 4 or any of the badges, but with Ghetsis I'm getting absolutely massacred, my team is Zekrom, Marsharna, Salamence, Darmanitan, Beartic, and Samurott

52 minutes ago, Matoka said:

I believe one of the main reasons level cap was added (and as a result make the game harder) was to effectively act as "Tutorial" for what is the end game for most players, PvP battles which will use far more well structured teams that cannot be in any form out-leveled (at least in tournament mode duels or matchmaking) so by removing the option of beating them with levels and brute force essentially it requires players to examine if their team has strong weaknesses (in your case you are getting one-shot, which means either you lack a pokemon fast enough to out-speed the pokemon one-shotting you or you lack some form of bulky pokemon that can afford to take a hit).

In regards to wanting to play the Vanilla games with a friend I will have to say that doing direct 1:1 ports that are entirely faithful to the original games would ruin the experience of multiplayer aspects, if breeding was free then everyone would have everything and little desire to work for anything, there would be no sense of progression or worth to pokemon / items which would effectively turn this into a Pokemon Showdown esque game (note how in Showdown nothing has value because everything is instantly accessible). A game designed for single-player gameplay (especially one made accessible to young children) will not translate to an MMO environment well 99.9% of the time so adjustments do need to be made.

I sure hope its smooth sailing from here out, because this battles making me feel like Im Cheren, lol, anyway yeah, I can see why they changed the stuff after you mentioned a few of those points, in all honesty I was fury typing this whole post when I made it lol, I took a little break and I'm back to my senses, but I think tonight I'm going to try again. One weird thing btw, why can't I use my master ball on Zekrom?

3 minutes ago, ShinySnorunt said:

I sure hope its smooth sailing from here out, because this battles making me feel like Im Cheren, lol, anyway yeah, I can see why they changed the stuff after you mentioned a few of those points, in all honesty I was fury typing this whole post when I made it lol, I took a little break and I'm back to my senses, but I think tonight I'm going to try again. One weird thing btw, why can't I use my master ball on Zekrom?

Because you don't keep the Zekrom as a usable Pokémon afterwards, masterball is likely disabled so people don't "waste" it on Zekrom. The Zekrom goes on to sit in your room. 

No legendary Pokémon is currently obtainable in any permanent fashion. Some legendary Pokémon might be released in the future through dungeons, however.