Making Competitive Pokes Easier to Obtain

Theet

Question

Hi, i'm not sure if this is already a subject but I just wanted to make a suggestion about iv's and nature for competitive Pokemon. I feel like having to pay $1 million just to get and adamant 5x31 scizor is just too much time, money and waste because all we use it for is to play competitive against other players. Not disrespecting the game developers or any comp players, i'm just saying that I wish we could either breed pokemon and not lose the parents so that we could easily get natured and fully IV'd comps and have them to play competitive battles. If not breeding, then maybe have like an in-game npc that can make your caught pokemon into comps? like pay 25k for a nature change, and maybe another 50k for IV changes to 30/31 in each stat. I know that alot of people breed comps and sell them for profit, but I just think that this MMO would be a lot more fun if we could make profits off of other things like shinies, and rare items, and hopefully other things like that which I haven't imagined but i'm sure the developer have! Basically I just wish that getting the pokemon to actually play competitive was easy as cake, and everyone, rich or poor, could easily get any comps they want. This would probably make a lot more people want to play as well, since it would be a lot easier to achieve getting the pokes themselves. Of course i'm aware there is still balancing issues, but like i said, maybe add in some new items that people would want to collect and trade in place of comp breeding. Back in the day people used to love lucky egg hunting and that was a really fun way of item trading. Also, a very very very long time ago, we couldn't breed, and I know that probably sucked a lot for players that liked competitive, but I actually loved those days because if you wanted a Timid ghastly with 31 speed and 27 sp attack, you would have to go to lavender ghost town and keep catching ghastly until you found one. I know that there were many issues with comp play back then and I am grateful that we can have better comp battles these days, but sometimes I do miss that other aspect to the game where everything had to be hunted and things were alot more difficult to obtain, I think it made the economy better and more fun. The collecting and trading aspect of the game was alot better to me back then, even though the comp play back then was probably trash, so again, no disrespect to anyone who loves comp here. But since we've reached the stage that we are currently at in this game, maybe we can hope to see that comp pokes become super easy to obtain and anyone and their mommas can play comp, and that way we can substitute it with something more fun like hunting for lucky eggs/"special pokes"/"special items"/ anything else that the community can imagine and hopefully even manifest. IDK if i'm asking for too much here but I would love to see this happen some time soon, and again no disrespect to the developers, this is a great game and I plan on continuing to play lol. This is just my input on how the game could be made better. So that's basically all I have to say, sorry if i rambled, any ideas or complaints or thoughts??

19 answers to this question

1 minute ago, DeadGorilla said:

how tf are you breeding that a natured 5x is costing you 1m to make

My bad that might be an exaggeration, but i'm just saying that breeding seems to be taking up alot of time and money in general and I wish it wasn't such a dictating part of the game.

2 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

You could also just....not make a 5x31

true, true, but again it's not so much about having a perfect comp I just wish that we substituted bredding comps with something more lively and fun to focus on in game. It would make comp play easier and maybe make the rest of the mmo more fun... but i understand that a lot of people might also enjoy breeding and what it has done for the game so maybe it's just me that has this complaint. My main issue here is breeding in general lol 

35 minutes ago, Theet said:

My bad that might be an exaggeration, but i'm just saying that breeding seems to be taking up alot of time and money in general and I wish it wasn't such a dictating part of the game.

i mean, it costs between 200 and 350 to make usable mons. if youre ocd about 31s for some reason its like maybe 600k for a 5x nature, but gender costs and estone prices will obvi change that. and it you want a 6x natured then idk im too lazy to do math. but those prices are far from outrageous imo. 

3 minutes ago, Theet said:

true, true, but again it's not so much about having a perfect comp I just wish that we substituted bredding comps with something more lively and fun to focus on in game. It would make comp play easier and maybe make the rest of the mmo more fun... but i understand that a lot of people might also enjoy breeding and what it has done for the game so maybe it's just me that has this complaint. My main issue here is breeding in general lol 

Smh mmo is full of liveliness and fun. Just look at all the people afking.

But yes, back to breeding. I was here in 2012 and know what it was like as well. Now, tbh I can breed and train a pokemon in under 2 hours if I wasn't so lazy. There are also people you can pay to breed for you and also train.

While I do agree that breeding perfect comps is plain boring sometimes, you can also just not breed them yourself and ask someone else? I mean, the game is striving since like 2k15 with this system, braces were more expensive, and previous to 2k18 genderless mons could only be bred with dittos like Suigin explained. GTL also helps with getting breeders etc..

That's a pretty nice wall of text that I won't read but I'll give you some breeding tips if you want to save money.

For starters, you don't need 31's. You want 2 31's in the important stats, so using Gengar as an example you'd want 31 SpA and 31 Speed. Everything else is okay to be at least 25.

You should be farming your own Everstones to save yourself roughly 50k and you don't need to catch the breeders, as finding things on gtl with multiple 25's is not difficult. You should breed nature and egg moves first, and breed the two 31's last. If you choose to buy the breeders, don't get lazy with it. If you find a 1x31 3x25 for 80k vs a 1x31 2x25 and 3x25 for a total of 40k, you should buy the two breeders and breed them together. It'll create an extra step and take longer, but you're saving money compared to buying the 80k breeder. 

I don't know if this is the best method, but I use it and it costs me around 250k more or less depending on egg group and gender. 

4 hours ago, ImFunk said:

That's a pretty nice wall of text that I won't read but I'll give you some breeding tips if you want to save money.

For starters, you don't need 31's. You want 2 31's in the important stats, so using Gengar as an example you'd want 31 SpA and 31 Speed. Everything else is okay to be at least 25.

You should be farming your own Everstones to save yourself roughly 50k and you don't need to catch the breeders, as finding things on gtl with multiple 25's is not difficult. You should breed nature and egg moves first, and breed the two 31's last. If you choose to buy the breeders, don't get lazy with it. If you find a 1x31 3x25 for 80k vs a 1x31 2x25 and 3x25 for a total of 40k, you should buy the two breeders and breed them together. It'll create an extra step and take longer, but you're saving money compared to buying the 80k breeder. 

I don't know if this is the best method, but I use it and it costs me around 250k more or less depending on egg group and gender. 

What I do is I breed the egg moves on then make the pokemon 2x31, as if it hatches the right nature you've cut half of the steps out. If not I then go on to breed another poke natured 1x31

Yo I appreciate all of you that gave me some breeding tips they were all helpful but for the people who just tossed aside my main point and said let’s just make the game 1/10 Shiny rate and everything 31 comp that’s not what I said lol. All I said was that breeding seems like waaayyy to much of an important aspect to this game that takes up a huge part of many players time and this is an MMO that would be a lot more fun if we had other things to do besides it. I’m cool with the current shiny rate lol I’m even cool with breeding I’m just saying that maybe a few tweaks to make breeding to be more simple and add in some other things to make the game as fun and interactive  as it used to be like in the lucky egg days, that’s all. Again no disrespect to the developers I’m sure they’re working hard on something as we speak this is just some frustration I’m typing at this point lol sorry and thanks if you took the time to actually read all my posts...