Chat separate cooldowns

porcmare

Question

when i use both the trade chat and the global chat, they have the same cooldown counter so if i send a message in the trade chat, i need to wait 40 seconds to send a message in both global and trade and i consider it a pretty big flaw.

8 answers to this question

i'm not asking for no cooldown. i'm just asking for waiting 40 secs on trade chat and 20 on global chat separately. right now they have the same cooldown which can be pretty annoying at times

And I wasn't referring to a no cooldown at all scenario either.

Let me break it down a little:

A message can only be made every 40 second now if using Trade Chat.

If the cooldowns were separate for all chats. There would be spam message in Global every 20 seconds, as well as another in Trade repeating every 40 seconds, and more in Channel Chat too. Trolls & spammers would have a field day derailing all the chats simultaneously.

haven't thought about it this way, But still, most trolls resort in global chat, since channel chats are now just ghost towns and i haven't seen any trolls in trade chat so far,so it wouldn't affect it THAT much in my opinion

2 minutes ago, porcmare said:

most trolls resort in global chat

And the reason why they stay there is because all chats have a mutual cooldown time. Take that away, and there would be chaos and mayhem everywhere.

It's a feature that was purposefully implemented. I asked Desu about it a few months ago and his reply indicated that he saw no reason to remove that shared cooldown between the three chats. I'm guessing it was implemented for a reason.

21 hours ago, Dibz said:

It's a feature that was purposefully implemented. I asked Desu about it a few months ago and his reply indicated that he saw no reason to remove that shared cooldown between the three chats. I'm guessing it was implemented for a reason.

I also talked with desu about it a while ago and to make it short he/she/it isn't opposed to the idea totally, the ones who are keeping him from reworking it are staff fearing moderation nightmare. Basically staff has to tell him they accept to do their job and the he/she/it can implement it.

Unrelated note: no this isn't a sign that i'll be coming back to the game i just lurk on the forum when i have time to kill and nothing else to do.