The real problem of PokeMMO's economy.

Please, complete this little poll.  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who is responsible of lowering item's prices in PokeMMO?

• People that lower prices.
    • People who sell stacks of 99.

4 hours ago, Darkshade said:

The better solution would be to try and fix the inflation/deflation accordingly, as the NPC vendors themselves are supposed to be 'balance point' if you will.

If we're having to adjust them, that means we messed up somewhere down the line.

i think the problem could be solve if you guys put a limit price where items - not mons can be sold and not dropped from that prize because some people are being a little stupid with this

Xuw4k0i.png

this guy is driving me nuts i think his listings lowering -1 everytime are more than 90 pages by now.

Edited by Takens
3 minutes ago, Takens said:

i think the problem could be solve if you guys put a limit prize where items - not mons can be sold and not dropped from that prize because some people are being a little stupid with this

Xuw4k0i.png

this guy is driving me nuts i think his listings lowering -1 everytime are more than 90 pages by now.

With a time restriction he could never make that.

1 minute ago, Takens said:

not a time restriction just like a way to put a limit price to not lower it from there.

like that everyone will not be able to go down that price, but psychologically we could not get a higher price either since everyone will only put said items at that price, so a time restriction seems better

2 hours ago, porcmare said:

like that everyone will not be able to go down that price, but psychologically we could not get a higher price either since everyone will only put said items at that price, so a time restriction seems better

i didn't say anything about not letting it get higher just not getting it lower

2 minutes ago, Takens said:

not a time restriction just like a way to put a limit price to not lower it from there.

That would be really boring. Remember this economy wants to be like in the real life, with ups and downs. If you put a limit price on items, you will always farm that item because you always have the same gain. 

yeah, practically you could put a higher price, but everyone will start spamming items at that lower one not letting anyone ever change that said price and that is really awful

2 hours ago, KmiKzee said:

That would be really boring. Remember this economy wants to be like in the real life, with ups and downs. If you put a limit price on items, you will always farm that item because you always have the same gain. 

yes, i know what you mean, but people in this doesn't know how to build a stable economy this is why we are where we are.

2 minutes ago, Takens said:

If you make that you are creating an static economy. And in that economy al items will be sold at the same price, you won't earn more than others so you are deleting users competition.

Just now, Takens said:

yes, i know what you mean, but people in this doesn't know how to build a stable economy this is why we are where we are.

restrictions don't stabilize a community. it's the people that do it. imagine the government coming up to you and saying "hey, you cannot sell apples for lower than 3$ each, got it?" 

no one would like that and all apple selling business would crash

2 hours ago, KmiKzee said:

If you make that you are creating an static economy. And in that economy al items will be sold at the same price, you won't earn more than others so you are deleting users competition.

wait so when did gtl selling became a competition?

not posting more in this thing i mean everyone has their own opinion but i don't think we understand fully how to build up our economy and that's why we are having it hard.

3 minutes ago, Takens said:

it always was. like in the irl market, everyone wants more profit and they want it faster.  imagine you build a factory. said factory produces x items per minute. another factory produces the same items with double efficency. to survive in the market you either underprice your items, or you start making other types of items, since no one will want to buy the same items for a bigger price. 

15 minutes ago, Takens said:

Who do you mean by 'we'? The developers? The player base?

Also, the economy isn't supposed to be static, price fluctuations are a good thing, and the market always stabilizes itself eventually. What you want to do is make the economy half-static, essentially implementing a minimum price limit, yet no maximum price limit, which is frankly idiotic. You can't design the economy to benefit yourself.

12 minutes ago, Takens said:

not posting more in this thing i mean everyone has their own opinion but i don't think we understand fully how to build up our economy and that's why we are having it hard.

It always was, that's what a free market is. I think the correct phrasing would be 'that's why I am having it hard'. Simply lower your prices to the point where they meet the demand and you won't have problems with liquidity/undercutting.

Edited by Dazuzi
Grammar.

I think a time or quantity restriction will help prices won't get stuck. But they will rise and fall, this is not a problem, this is how real life economy works. Apples aren't always at the same price, you are able to earn more or not if you want. If a price get stuck, it will be really difficult to be more expensive, but if a price is lowering (without getting stuck), sooner or later demand will dissapear lower prices and it will be able to be more expensive again.

And come one, GTL wants to be like real life economy, and real life economy it's a competition. Don't be in a fantasy world.

Kmikzee

Edited by KmiKzee
Mistake

it always was. like in the irl market, everyone wants more profit and they want it faster.  imagine you build a factory. said factory produces x items per minute. another factory produces the same items with double efficency. to survive in the market you either underprice your items, or you start making other types of items, since no one will want to buy the same items for a bigger price. 

i understand i like this response a lot more than the others. i think we are going into a point of no return where everyone wants to make money fast that we are acutally starting to lose profit.

2 hours ago, Dazuzi said:

It's your choice to take what I said personally actually. What I said was constructive and was a direct response to what you said, it has nothing to do with you as a person.

Speaking personally though, I do find it quite hilarious that you think that I am the one making a fool out of myself after suggesting modifying the GTL to benefit yourself.

i don't think we need stuff to benefit as much our selves, but we need a hand to get in the right way with this.

I personally don't understand economy that much, but i think you need to choose your words right. 

I would like to know how can economy get better and what could we do to not lose that much profit as we doing right now.

@Desu @Kyu @Darkshade @Squirtle

12 minutes ago, Takens said:

We are old enough, you are taking this thing on my person and not to the opinion.

Make a constructive critic or just don't talk to make a fool out of your self be civilized not monkey man.

Still waiting on the day I see a productive thread or comment you make.

In regards to the time limit, or control min max prices with lets say a bell curve, they are bad and the economy will suffer at the expense of that. Time/supply and demand is whwt controls things, if you are sad about gtl prices/listings because yours arent selling and others are, why dont you lower the price aswell or wait for a time when the prices are to your liking? I always made a good amount rhrough gtl, by being patient, maybe you should try it. An average price, makes the market static, and that can kill an mmo during an egent where some items lose lots of value, i.e. premier balls.

he did not gonna lie

You know i don't think devs will get involve unless something happens where we make about 1.5 or 2m each day like some people did with the air bollons. So yea the game's economy is depending in to the player base if i am wrong please tell me and how.

You know i don't think devs will get involve unless something happens where we make about 1.5 or 2m each day like some people did with the air bollons. So yea the game's economy is depending in to the player base if i am wrong please tell me and how.

Also in this regard, some people make 20m+/3days, maybe less now since the berry slight nerf, do the math yourself.

2 hours ago, razimove said:

Also in this regard, some people make 20m+/3days, maybe less now since the berry slight nerf, do the math yourself.

interesting i wasn't aware of that i ain't that much of a pve player or got much time to farm in 5 or more accounts .

Tbh the current economy is bad af and kind of irrelevant since multi boxing is kind of authorized.

Regarding the GTL, from my previous mmo experiences... the way games used to deal with that kind of behaviour is adding a queue when you sell an item. From 5 up to 15 minutes. Sellers think twice before selling an item. Insta dropping the price by 1$ or more is impossible cuz the price should change everytime.

24 minutes ago, Takens said:

It is a competition. Multiple sellers all competing with one another to try to get the buyer to buy from them, and not the other users (in this case listings). In real life and in-game the buyer will always go for the lowest price, meaning only those willing to go lower than everyone else will actually make the sale. Hence the competition.

If you put a fixed price that it can't drop below you're fucking up supply and demand hard. The market needs to be able to fluctuate up and down according to supply VS demand. If prices are constantly falling, there needs to be a change in the amount of supply otherwise it will continue - you can't just cap something and fix it so easily. If you capped it, you'd have tons of players selling at the same exact (lowest possible) price and then its just random chance if they happen to click on your listing - meaning it could take 2 seconds or so long that the listing expires before you actually make the sale.

To dumb this down a bit, instead of your picture of pages and pages of PP max -1$ each, there would be pages and pages of the same price and your listing would wind up somewhere in that mess.

Now, if you don't like how low you have to price an item at to actually sell, move on and farm something worth more, since that market has too many sellers competing already (high supply), which is causing the prices to fall to begin with. It would be doing yourself and everyone in that specific market a favor, and you'd be actually fixing the issue. Maybe you could come back to that particular market once prices are back to your liking, or maybe you find something better.

4 minutes ago, razimove said:

Still waiting on the day I see a productive thread or comment you make.

In regards to the time limit, or control min max prices with lets say a bell curve, they are bad and the economy will suffer at the expense of that. Time/supply and demand is whwt controls things, if you are sad about gtl prices/listings because yours arent selling and others are, why dont you lower the price aswell or wait for a time when the prices are to your liking? I always made a good amount rhrough gtl, by being patient, maybe you should try it. An average price, makes the market static, and that can kill an mmo during an egent where some items lose lots of value, i.e. premier balls.

I understand your point of view, but I thing you are wrong.

First, I haven't made this post because of my items weren't selling well. I am intelligent enough to know when I have to sell my items and when I have to wait, but think in this: the solution you told, it's a personal solution for me, for you and for people who are reading this. It isn't a global solution. As I have told, we live in a world that everyone wants to earn much as he can, and because of that, lot of people lower prices, lots of people farm items with leppa berries, and lots of new players don't know how to earn money to build their first PvP team or buy some cosmetics. It's something stupid to expect all players not to lower prices or wait to sell their items, that is imposibble.

Don't be in a fantasy world, don't expect that all the community in PokeMMO will be united and will rise prices or wait to sell their items to not lower them. We can't do that in real life, I don't think we will do that in a game that don't have consequences in real life.

Kmkzee