Thank You PokeMMO Entrepreneurs

The impact of PokeMMO's Services Boom!  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel that services are now in abundance?

• I feel great! There is a healthy amount of competition and I am happy to know that there is a service out there for my basic Breeding, EV Training, and Leveling needs.
    • It feels alright. I am usually a "do it yourself" type of person, so this does not impact me.
    • Other: Please mention your thought(s) down in the comment section.

Thank You PokeMMO Entrepreneurs

bb895dd00c3221e98dc9de811a9f3561.png

Good morning/afternoon/evening fellow citizens, I hope everyone is enjoying their evening. I left PokeMMO for a few days for my Passover vacation and had some nice family gatherings. While I was gone, there was a question that I asked myself, "how is PokeMMO doing?" Last Tuesday and Wednesday, I logged in briefly to do a few things and I started to see something, but I did not want to mention it yet until I looked into it further. As I came back to PokeMMO, my suspicions were confirmed true! There was a recent influx of businessmen and businesswomen willing to Breed, EV Train, and Level. I made a self help video on the Mayor Bestfriends YouTube channel on "How to Start Up a Service on PokeMMO in 2019" and found a direct correlation from the time of my upload to the amount of businesses that popped up. If anyone is willing to jump into PokeMMO's business environment, then I would encourage you to watch this self help publication:

Spoiler

I would like to tell you the story of how this self help video was made and you may find it interesting. Back when I published the How to Make Money video, this topic was briefly mentioned, but it didn't really have its own self help video dedicated to the topic. I was receiving PMs from players in the game for an EV Training service and my schedule was quite filled.  One day, @Jerryzoo PMed me a request and he was the last straw. I told him in game, "that is it, we are working on this self help video and you will be a part of it!" @Linfanz also gave his two cents about the script for this self help video publication. When the time came to film, Jerry wanted to invite another person to assist in the making of this video. After that, a new self help video was born and a lot more services started to pop up.

I do not want to take all the credit for shaping the services economy, so I constructed a list of people that helped with this endeavour:

1. @Jerryzoo and @Linfanz: For your contribution of time in the making of this self help publication.

2. @FalcoIgnis, @Tearon, and @Funkykong: For giving me permission to feature your shops in my self help publication.

-----------------------------

Spoiler

I do feel that I have to address this. Some people may think that when I am silent, then I am doing nothing to contribute as PokeMMO's Mayor. That is not true about 70% to 80% of the time. I frequently check in with my translators to see if their translations are complete. While I am waiting for my translations, I check @RedactedColour's Gym Guides to see if any changes are needed (and sometimes, I even collect the Gym Data for him). At the same time, I also have to run my Roy Rogers News channel in case there is any breaking news.

6c5772af0d5cb517b55f7e6802b1d7fd.png

If this comment is a troll comment, then I like your oxymoronic comedy. However, the comment above is for anyone that correlates silence with laziness. You can talk up a good game and barely do anything of significance or talk less and do more. My parents told me as a child that "words are cheap" and those words are very important to how I view my position.

17 hours ago, Tranzmaster said:

vZmpzsW.png

Tranzmaster, I admire your Photoshop skills. Maybe I should consult you for some thumbnail designs.

10 hours ago, Minks said:

lmao

I know that the sentence you quoted may sound like I am touting my own horn, but I would like for you to look at the end of my quote.

22 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

I do not want to take all the credit for shaping the services economy, so I constructed a list of people that helped with this endeavour:

1. @Jerryzoo and @Linfanz: For your contribution of time in the making of this self help publication.

2. @FalcoIgnis, @Tearon, and @Funkykong: For giving me permission to feature your shops in my self help publication.

I wanted to show my appreciation towards the group behind this endeavour. If anyone took my post as a sign of arrogance, then I did not mean it in that way. This post was to thank the unsung heroes behind the making of this self help video.

13 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

I know that the sentence you quoted may sound like I am touting my own horn, but I would like for you to look at the end of my quote.

13 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

I wanted to show my appreciation towards the group behind this endeavour. If anyone took my post as a sign of arrogance, then I did not mean it in that way. This post was to thank the unsung heroes behind the making of this self help video.

Oh please, this and every other thread you make is made for the sole purpose of patting yourself on the back while plugging your god awful youtube channel. Behind all these polls that will never be taken seriously and obnoxious statements that try so hard to make yourself seem selfless and oblivious, there is just a guy who is very self-centered and delusional, and anybody with a brain can see right through it.

Did it ever cross your mind that not everything positive that happens in this community can be attributed to your cringy self-help videos and sometimes people just do stuff regardless of what you do, or were you too busy putting yourself on a pedestal?

Spoiler

'Look at all these people that helped ME do a GREAT job!' - Bestfriends

Edited by Dazuzi
Grammar.
2 hours ago, Dazuzi said:

Oh please, this and every other thread you make is made for the sole purpose of patting yourself on the back while plugging your awful youtube channel. Behind all these polls that will never be taken seriously and obnoxious statements that try so hard to make yourself seem selfless and oblivious, there is just a guy who is very self-centered and delusional, and anybody with a brain can see right through it.

Did it ever cross your mind that not everything positive that happens in the community cannot be attributed to your cringy self-help videos and sometimes people just do stuff regardless of what you do, or were you too busy putting yourself on a pedestal?

I am going to refrain from any name calling, so that is why I did a strike-through of some of your words. Let me put you in my shoes, there are people on forums and Discord that tell me that I am not doing enough and people like yourself that call me out for wanting feedback on a part of my performance (I want to know what people think). Now you could argue that I misread the boom in services, but it seems like a coincidence that at the time I uploaded that self help video, then there was a sudden boom.

As for "this and every other thread you make is made for the sole purpose of patting yourself on the back..", let me address this. About a month ago, I wrote an unflattering post about myself that I would rather not say publicly. The selfless part can be said about the guides that I made on forums. I didn't have to publish 3 guides, but I did anyways because that is how much I truly care about people in the community new and old. I was planning on constructing another guide, but since you questioned whether or not I am selfless or not, I may make another guide just to prove you wrong. If there is another guide constructed, then you are the only person to thank.

Every person has their gaffes, but there is an old saying that may ring true here: "don't throw stones in a glass house." Fortunately for you, I am not the type of person to dig up old posts that you made on the forums and shine a big spotlight on them. I am not a vindictive person and in fact, I admire your competitive skills. It is nice of you to loan out your competitive pokemon to those that may not have that particular pokemon in their competitive collection. So there is no animosity from me and I hope that you do not have any hatred towards me as well. Thank you for your time and have a nice evening.

- Bf

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification
5 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Let me put you in my shoes, there are people on forums and Discord that tell me that I am not doing enough and people like yourself that call me out for wanting feedback on a part of my performance (I want to know what people think).

You're looking for feedback and simultaneously looking to publicly flaunt your contributions and plug your youtube channel while you're at it and then make an attempt to mask it either with situational gratitude or already mentioned polls. Whether you realize this or not is another topic though, but ignorance is bliss.

Now you could argue that I misread the boom in services, but it seems like a coincidence that at the time I uploaded that self help video, then there was a sudden boom.

Do you realize how narcissistic of you it is to even assume any form of connection between this 'sudden boom' and your self-help video(s)? It's very evident that in your perfect mayoral bubble everything is connected to you and can, therefore, be attributed to you, but the reality is, it simply isn't so.

As for "this and every other thread you make is made for the sole purpose of patting yourself on the back..", let me address this. About a month ago, I wrote an unflattering post about myself that I would rather not say publicly.

Victim card again, also, what do you want me to pity you? I would respect you so much more as a person if you just stood up for yourself instead of just deflecting everything by playing a wounded puppy.

I was planning on constructing another guide, but since you questioned whether or not I am selfless or not, I may make another guide just to prove you wrong. If there is another guide constructed, then you are the only person to thank.

I am going to assume that you meant to say that you weren't going to make another guide, as it makes much more sense. Now, it's not really selfless if you're only doing it to prove me wrong, is it? It's ironically just going to make it seem like you care more about your own ego than the community - your hurt ego would also be the one to thank in this case, not me. You can't really prove selflessness, other than actually being selfless, and that is not at all what you proposed here.

Fortunately for you, I am not the type of person to dig up old posts that you made on the forums and shine a big spotlight on them.

I didn't do any digging at all on you, I just happened to see several of your posts over the last year and I remember them having the same general tone as this one, do feel free to 'expose' me though, however I am not exactly sure what relevance does this have with what we're talking about.

I am not a vindictive person and in fact, I admire your competitive skills. It is nice of you to loan out your competitive pokemon to those that may not have that particular pokemon in their competitive collection.

I am mediocre at best, I am not even a competitive player. I only play PvP occasionally and purely for fun, so I am not sure where you're getting this from. Also, what you are referring to was an experimental concept that I wanted to test out, but it ultimately failed due to a lack of market. Regardless, I feel like I must mention(before you start attributing it to one of your videos), that you had 0 effect on this 'entrepreneurial' attempt of mine whatsoever.

Thank you for your time and have a nice evening.

Ditto.

Edited by Dazuzi
Grammar.
6 hours ago, Akshit said:

Breeding services aside..

The real reason why there has been a boom in EV training and Leveling services is because the God trainer, i.e. me, has closed down shop again and market is ripe for the taking.

You're welcome, k thx bye.

And breeding services, already existed also way before any vid came out, aka my services, and more recently, Funky's service and Butlers.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 12:59 AM, Dazuzi said:

Oh please, this and every other thread you make is made for the sole purpose of patting yourself on the back while plugging your god awful youtube channel. Behind all these polls that will never be taken seriously and obnoxious statements that try so hard to make yourself seem selfless and oblivious, there is just a guy who is very self-centered and delusional, and anybody with a brain can see right through it.

Did it ever cross your mind that not everything positive that happens in this community can be attributed to your cringy self-help videos and sometimes people just do stuff regardless of what you do, or were you too busy putting yourself on a pedestal?

Hide contents

'Look at all these people that helped ME do a GREAT job!' - Bestfriends

I vote this man for pokemmo mayor 2020+