Trying to re-invent my PVP team, need help

Hey!

I have been running a team but recently it hasn't been going well. I have played pokemon all my life, but im pretty new to PVP so excuse my stupid questions or team imbalance if you spot an obvious one.

First off, i was trying to build around a sandstorm stall team like this:

Physical wall: Skarmory (Impish)

Spikes, Whirlwind, Roost, Toxic

Physical wall: Hippowdon (Impish)

Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Roar, Slack Off

Special Wall: Snorlax (Adamant)

Chip Away, Rest, Curse, Sleep talk

(he also proves useful as a late sweeper)

Sweeper: Excadrill (Jolly)

Swords Dance, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Brick Break

Cleric/Special Wall: Umbreon (Bold)

Protect, Toxic, Foul play, Wish

Sweeper: Magnezone (Modest)

Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Hidden Power(fire), Flash Cannon

The idea was, since steel pokemon can't be poisoned with toxic (which is usually my win condition), Magnezone would lock them down.

I found that the team is really weak to Volcarona - only snorlax can barely survive and outlast her.

I also got some backup pokemon in my PC: Volcarona(special sweep), Salamence(phys sweep, Alakazam(special sweeper), Swampert(phys wall), Starmie (bulky spnner) and Blaziken (Phys sweep)

I dont mind using another completely different team without sandstorm theme, as long as it works with any of the pokemon that i got. I also got enough money to buy another pokemon to fit my new team from the Global Trade link.

Bottom line is, i wanna create a better working team with the pokemon that i have (+another one i can buy)

Thanks!

4 of your pokemon are weak to fighting.

3 are weak to fire.

and nobody resists them.

you might have too many steel types for such a defensive team.

But basically all of your backup pokemon resist fire, fight, or both -- so you have options. But something needs to go!

Since hippowdon and skarm serve basically the exact same role, i'd consider sacking one of them.

Starmie might be the call -- it resists both, and you won't outstall your opponent if you have hazards on your field the whole game.

And finally, if you're trying to run sandstorm stall, it's probably better to throw in some rock types, if you can get your hands on one.

They receive a +50% special defense bonus! Which is very useful for stall! But you have zero.

Your steel+ground types will only take no damage from sandstorm, but don't really benefit from it otherwise. So you aren't really taking full advantage of the sand archetype -- you are just doing a bit of chip damage to nerf their leftovers, and speed boosting excadrill.

Edited by Eggplant

Thanks for the reply :) U r right about the weakness.. Do you maybe have any specific ideas (pokemons) in mind? Like replacing Hippowdon with Tyranitar maybe? i Im not sure about other effective rock pokemon. Again the team doesn't have to be sandstorm based. Another team i was running which i liked was: skarmory, swampert, snorlax, umbreon, alakazam and volcarona :)

edit: i fount water a much harder counter to my team than fire. Fire was soaked pretty well by snorlax and umbreon (special) and hippowdon (physical). Dunno. 

Edited by dreyan