The Current Problem With Matchmaking

Luke

Question

There are many problems with matchmaking currently, ranked and unranked. I want to name them -alongside some really easy fixes to this problem, for a lot of these fixes it wouldn’t take much time at all.

This 100% is just going to be another thread which doesn’t get responded too and is ignored lo.

WALL OF TEXT INBOUND

NU/UU Matchmaking: These  are perfectly functioning yet they are never advertised as so. And for this reason, you see many players using full NU and UU teams in OU matchmaking because they search a few times in the lower tiers, don’t find a game and just search in OU. This is extremely unhealthy for OU players who are trying to practice their teams before they go into ranked, as playing NU/UU teams does not gauge whether a team would be successful in OU. I can think of several solutions to this, to get the ball rolling in lower matchmaking and all are fairly quick to apply.

1)      Advertising that these features actually do work.

Doing this would be such a benefit to NU and UU players alike, so many people do not even realise these features are working (mainly the newer Chinese players) and I don’t blame them, they search several times for NU/UU don’t find a game. Search in OU once and instantly find a game.

2)      Removing BP prizes from unranked UU and NU matchmaking and lowering the threshold to find games (Temporary)

I’d love to just say lower the threshold, however people would abuse this system and try and farm endless BP, so to prevent this. Lower the threshold to only 2 people needed for a game and temporarily disable BP for these until it actually has a healthy amount of people regularly playing it. Then it can go back up.

3)      Adding actual ranked prizes to OU, UU and NU

This is probably the HUGEST fix to every problem in ranked right now, adding prizes to 1-16th place in ranked would be huge. People would begin actually actively playing ranked in the lower tiers, and OU would get a huge spike of players as well. I don’t see any drawbacks from this, and alongside this NU and UU would actually get active matchmaking.

4)      Making a monthly invitational for the top 16 players

Doing this would get people excited again, the top 16 ranked players battling it out for a good prize monthly. This could be a shiny, cash prize. Vanity, whatever. I’d love to see it happen.

I just want to add that me and Zymogen made a discord for NU and UU matchmaking and over 100 people joined the server, however it died off recently as the pure amount of time and effort it takes to even get 1 game. You have to get 8 people together to be able to find matches, and to find 8 people who are willing to try search in the lower tiers (and are not even guaranteed to find matches) is very hard to do. Alongside this NU tours fill up all the time now, so there is definitely people who want this to happen, please. Please consider this.

Edited by Lvkee
XD

5 answers to this question

There were a lot of threads about it and we all know how they ended, sooo...

3 hours ago, Lvkee said:

This 100% is just going to be another thread which doesn’t get responded too and is ignored lo.

ever how is...

Regardless, upvote from me, I'm always up for changes that are impacting competitive community in a positive way. Doubt it'll change anything, though...

3) would be amazing and as you said shouldn't be too hard to implement.

To add to your list, I also think daily prices for the first win in each tier would be a great idea to incentivise people to play other tiers than OU (have read this several times in other threads).

On 4/26/2019 at 2:53 PM, Lvkee said:

1)      Advertising that these features actually do work.

Doing this would be such a benefit to NU and UU players alike, so many people do not even realise these features are working (mainly the newer Chinese players) and I don’t blame them, they search several times for NU/UU don’t find a game. Search in OU once and instantly find a game.

Thanks  devs for it being nearly a whole month, 29 upvotes  and you couldn’t even make a 5 minute post about this <3