A better way of communication

Goku

Question

As we all know the chinese make up the majority of the game right now but that does not mean we, the spanish and english players should be forgotten. One would think by now there would have been a better way to communicate with them. Like honestly 95% of them can't understand or speak english so that makes it tough for us traders to socialize with them or be able to do business with them cuz we have to copy and paste and god forbid google translater can be a hoee especially when the chinese player tells you that he is located in dead leaf city or sky dragon's fcking nest or that he does not want to trade with you because "you're" a foreigner and speak shitty chinese and believe it or not I encountered this reply a lot!  Maybe I went to far there sorry*. I am wondering whether it is possible to work from google translator and adjust it with relative PokeMMO-game terms and give us a auto translator in game if that makes sense. I would love to be able to do business with them but with the current method it's just a hassle. So I am hoping for the best and If not then guess what... it's just a suggestion \<.>/. Couldn't hurt to try. Thanks.

Edit: They can start off by redefining location names or terms so the translator will tell you exactly the location of the player.

Edited by Goku

10 answers to this question

Yea, its very exhausting doing copy/paste all the time, just to negotiate with other language using translator in Google. Sometimes, theey'll even ask you if you are using a translator because even google translator is not very fluent in translating. So, I can say this is a good idea. GOOD JOB, GOKU! Thank you.

10 minutes ago, DrButler said:

learn chinese?

I'd rather go to china mall which is literally like 2km away from me and ask them to translate properly for me lmfao. Jk*

Edit: nvm fck my life they also can't speak english. 

Edited by Goku
7 minutes ago, Goku said:

nvm fck my life they also can't speak english

F

And even if a translation system is provided in-game, it won't be accurate, even google translate cannot get the translations right half of the time. It would lead to even more confusion and miscommunication. You can always try seeking a mod who can act as a mediator, or just have friends who speak English + Chinese / Spanish, etc. Best to just learn the language though, I personally learned some basic German to understand Deutscher Rap songs better, and even though it was time consuming and hard, definitely worth it in the long run. You won't need a translator once you become one yourself.

17 minutes ago, Akshit said:

F

And even if a translation system is provided in-game, it won't be accurate, even google translate cannot get the translations right half of the time. It would lead to even more confusion and miscommunication. You can always try seeking a mod who can act as a mediator, or just have friends who speak English + Chinese / Spanish, etc. Best to just learn the language though, I personally learned some basic German to understand Deutscher Rap songs better, and even though it was time consuming and hard, definitely worth it in the long run. You won't need a translator once you become one yourself.

Tbh I am one of those people (no offense) but I like to keep my business to myself. I am fluent in 3 languages and german is one of them. It took me longer to be able to write than to speak so yeh I was singing along with ramstein even before I could write and I guess you can think for yourself that understanding chinese text is not a several month ordeal. It will take years. I don't wanna pm xkicco or yibu everytime I conduct a trade with a chinese player. I think like that time... if you said "pokemon R.. " in the chat the text got automatically redefined to PokeMMO. They can do the same thing with locations if you know what I am talking about. I think that'd be the best if not the only thing they can do right now. Obviously chinese players have the same names for all locations. Just translate their locations in the english terms when they mention it. Ak you think they can at least do that?

1 minute ago, Akshit said:

No clue.

But a guide can be created on forums (or be made available in-game through the 'H' Help Pop Up) which lists the name of cities and other important stuff in all languages. That might come in handy.

That's a dope idea! That'll be more than fine and useful. At least when you somehow get to an agreement on a trade you don't struggle 20 minutes finding the player.