Need a reason to continue

Is there any reason left to keep playing MMO? I mean, the game unfortunately has become quite lackluster lately:

- PVP is predictable and boring

- Shiny's aren't worth hunting, "fair" as the shiny rate is

- Not really any new content or events that'd encourage us to play/keep playing

Unless someone can give me a REALLY good reason as to why I should keep playing, I'm just not gonna anymore.

Edited by BoltBlades12
20 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Unless someone can give me a REALLY good reason as to why I should keep playing, I'm just not gonna anymore.

No, if you don't wanna play the game anymore say bye-bye, go to another game and be free. BUT you should always have an eye in the forums for more updates if you're only interested in that. if you REALLY want a good reason to stay, talk to @Bestfriends

I think attention might help you stick to the game, seek some more and you're good, gl.

E: I doubt you do this to any other game, if you have a wishlist of suggestions you're always welcome to suggest them as everyone of us wants to see the game getting good, but i think you only play PVE so that's no surprise.

Edited by Laz

If you want a reason, that is not something game is lacking to provide, it is a personal thing. What you need is a goal to pursue, like anything in life, if you do not have goal, you will never have a reason. For example, for the points you make:

24 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

PVP is predictable and boring

Try being at the top. Get a goal like that and you'll realize it's neither boring nor predictable.

There are so many tiers to try out too, OU, UU, NU, LC, Doubles... so they are all boring and predictable ? Well maybe then PvP just ain't your thing or you're just too pro and have tried out everything to the core. Game has provided you with options, if you do not take them cause they are 'boring' or 'predictable', well then that is on you, game is made to appeal to the masses who actually enjoy competitive Pokemon PvP,  and so far almost all tours go full and even PSL 11 is coming right up.

30 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Shiny's aren't worth hunting, "fair" as the shiny rate is

Again, get a strong goal and an urge to have it.

Tons of people (including myself) spent lots of time hunting for specific shiny...for some it's hours, for some months, for some it even took years. But shiny rate being fair the way it is, almost all hardcore shiny hunters I know have found shiny sooner or later, if not the exact one being hunted, atleast something. Now be it through constant hordes, egg hatching, donator status active & whatnot... The excitement of the hunt and the goal keeps you motivated, but if you do not have goal, you will never have a reason to pursue it. And shiny would always be worth hunting, rare ones sell high enough even now and ofcourse having an OT shiny has a special feel to it too, just that feeling of encountering one, definitely worth it. It is understandable if you get bored of it cause you have achieved your goal or have other things to do. Go pursue those then, but again, this is not because game has failed in providing the opportunity. 

38 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Not really any new content or events that'd encourage us to play/keep playing

New content comes in short doses, we got Zorua for example at New Year, and every now then updates are made to the game, upgrading game mechanics, fixing bugs, adding more vanity items, etc... And Sinnoh has been confirmed too, and even though it is not out yet, there is still tons of stuff to do with the three regions accessible, for both PvP and PvE players.

And no events, really ? There is literally a section called PokeMMO Official Events which is constantly being updated with PvP and PvE events all the time.

And there are tons of community hosted events, team events, etc going on all the time too.

TL;DR Game is not lackluster, you are.

All these attention thread you been making through last months , like this one, have grown really annoying. Since you got in the trouble posting them and kept playing, I am sure you can  survive untill new region arrives as well. Stop complaining about everything and try being patient and quiet for a change. 

Soontm

Edited by Blue

I'll be honest though that OP is trying to just rile up stuff, but I do have to say that I feel like the game is very much so catered only to a PVP experience while making the grind one of the most mundane that I've seen in MMO's. A lot of the seasonal activities would benefit if they thematically were in the game. (having a random trainer appear in a spot that gives a goodie, having non basegame places to visit although I suppose that's what dungeons are gonna be, treasure hunts, etc).

Especially considering that it seems like they don't want to give attention to minigames like the underground, contests, dancing hall, etc, a lot of the game's fun revolves around if you like PVP or not.

2 hours ago, Raichu4u said:

I'll be honest though that OP is trying to just rile up stuff, but I do have to say that I feel like the game is very much so catered only to a PVP experience

and you think so because we have 2 officials and 6 player hosteds/CCs a week or because of that juicy UU/NU mm?

3 hours ago, Raichu4u said:

I feel like the game is very much so catered only to a PVP experience

No functioning prizes in ranked, NU and UU matchmaking has never been advertised as working. More player hosted + CC's than shiny tours, shiny prize iv's remaining rock bottom. Regular PU prizes for OU tours, how did you ever come to this conclusion?

ysyJ6Hj.png

5bfe7c2149042c7694a043f2d033cdb4.png

Edited by Lvkee
6 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

- PVP is predictable and boring

Have you given all of  OU, UU, NU, LC, and Doubles a try? They are incredibly different ball parks to one another.
PvP is only as predictable as you want it to be in a sense, nothing is stopping you from running theme teams, gimmick teams, etc.

- Shiny's aren't worth hunting, "fair" as the shiny rate is

Shiny pokemon are inherently useless, they are objectively worse than regular pokemon other than their prestige and different appearance. This is an entirely subjective thing so if you don't like shiny hunting then that's entirely fine, I don't know what the rate (fair or not) has to do with that however.

- Not really any new content or events that'd encourage us to play/keep playing

Content droughts happen before large patches, this is unavoidable. the more content intended to be included in the next patch the longer the gap will be between substantial patches because more things added = more time to make them.

You have many times voiced frustration that only things you consider trivial have been added and have been wanting more substantial content to be added, now you appear to be complaining that there isn't that same thing you were complaining about as the type of thing you wanted has been teased to be in development? You seem to have somewhat unattainable expectations in that regard towards this game in regards to this sort of thing.

If you want to play this game you will play it, if not then you won't,  there's nothing wrong with taking breaks but I personally don't get why you are looking to others for a purpose to play a recreational game.

36 minutes ago, Lvkee said:

No functioning prizes in ranked, NU and UU matchmaking has never been advertised as working. More player hosted + CC's than shiny tours, shiny prize iv's remaining rock bottom. Regular PU prizes for OU tours, how did you ever come to this conclusion?

ysyJ6Hj.png

5bfe7c2149042c7694a043f2d033cdb4.png

I came to the conclusion because a good bulk of the economy centralizes over comp exchanges, IV pokemon trades, things to make comps, etc. Not to mention the fact that once you do beat all the storylines of the games present, all there is to do IS make comps, obtain items to make a comp, get items to make a comp, etc.

• Matoka locked this topic