A way to punish timerstallers in matchmaking

suigin

Question

When people are about to lose they just ragequit and waste their opponent's time instead of relogging like normal humans.

I suggest adding a system that detects when someone tends to time out often and a SWAT team is dispatched to their house to put them down, alternatively heavily diminish their BP rewards until they lose 8 or so matches without timing out.

10 answers to this question

4 hours ago, suigin said:

When people are about to lose they just ragequit and waste their opponent's time instead of relogging like normal humans.

I suggest adding a system that detects when someone tends to time out often and a SWAT team is dispatched to their house to put them down, alternatively heavily diminish their BP rewards until they lose 8 or so matches without timing out.

If they added a forfeit button, would help with a lot of this problems. 

How do you define if someone is just on a loss streak, or is actively doing this tho?

Edited by razimove
Just now, razimove said:

How do you define if someone is just on a loss streak, or is actively doing this tho?

if(timer < 0) {loss(); timeoutcounter++;}

if(timeoutcounter > 5) {earnedpoints = currentelopoints -  400;}

if (won) {Print("Penalty for timing out often is 400 BP, please relog a new session if you feel like you lost but don't waste your opponent's time. You have" +  penaltyWinsRemaining + " matches left to earn normally" );}

Trust me I'm an EXPERT PROGRAMMER. 15 years of picking and dropping Unity trained me well in the art of using if and calling methods.

9 minutes ago, suigin said:

if(timer < 0) {loss(); timeoutcounter++;}

if(timeoutcounter > 5) {earnedpoints = currentelopoints -  400;}

if (won) {Print("Penalty for timing out often is 400 BP, please relog a new session if you feel like you lost but don't waste your opponent's time. You have" +  penaltyWinsRemaining + " matches left to earn normally" );}

Trust me I'm an EXPERT PROGRAMMER. 15 years of picking and dropping Unity trained me well in the art of using if and calling methods.

wait nvm sleep got me, you meant just as in time out, I thought you meant overall, including a normal loss streak would end up on this(as in lose the said 8 games, and get punished for that), yeah it could make sense. I strongly feel like, not having a forfeit button is also the very tip of the problem, cause people could just press forfeit, but yeah this could be something, upvoted.

edit: just an opinion of mine, even worst than time stallers, are those that try to pp stall you, when they know you won, making you waste 5-10 minutes more.

Edited by razimove
On 4/21/2019 at 6:32 PM, suigin said:

I suggest adding a system that detects when someone tends to time out often and heavily diminish their BP rewards until they lose 8 or so matches without timing out.

I don't think this would be a good idea, you see: The system wouldn't be perfect cuz there are some people (like me) that they have a very bad connection with the server in the middle of a battle and either disconnects or have a ping of 130k ( you can't do anything, legit happened to me) or have a power outage and lose by time and it's not their fault so it's just not correct.

On 4/21/2019 at 10:05 PM, razimove said:

This is, btw, a very good solution to the problem.

@suigin I'm sometimes one of those that don't relog, simply because why would I bother ?

Like if you're not going to keep playing and it was the last ranked session, why would you relog just to save time for your opponent ? That doesn't rly makes sense.

Instead, a "Forfeit" button would save time for both the winner and the looser. ^^ 

However, yall shall not think a forfeit button will solve it all, some idiots wait till they get timed out instead of forfeiting on Showdown so the same may happen in here as well.

Also I'd like to point out that for some players with bad internet, logging off and on might take longer than simply waiting for time out :/